1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Pokémon Black/White in-game discussion

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Green Mage, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Sy123

Sy123

Hammer Arm just 2HKOs Scrafty, I could of it, but it Sand Attacked :/. You know the rest, it killed my Darmanitan, and with its Moxie boost it kept killing my team, with consecutive boosts, and help from a Full Restore. I got swept by it. Shame.
    Anyway, I dont use items in battle because it feels like Im cheating. Yes I know the AI uses them too, but I mean look at the Battle Tower, haxy cheating. Cheating might as well happen in the Elite 4. But I really just want to test some strategies, and see if I can actually do it.
    I think why Im underlevelled because I never train against wild pokemon, since I got my first badge a Repel has been on since.
    My last playthrough I had the powerhouses in the form of Sawk, Conkledurr and Embroar. After seeing the ingame tier list, I actually picked the best pokemon, without even knowing they were the best.
    Any advice on how to improve Eelektross
  2. LeviLamprey

LeviLamprey

Has it got Acrobatics? This provides great coverage on enemies with its higher Attack stat, is stronger than Flamethrower etc. If you do a subsequent playthrough, grinding Eelektrik to get Coil Up is EXTREMELY useful. Regardless, just load it up with strong moves (Crunch, Acrobatics, Dragon Claw, Wild Charge for example).
  3. Sy123

Sy123

Acrobatics for Darmantian you say?
    Teaching it over Thrash right now...
    Too bad I evolved Eelktrik to Eelktross as soon as I could (I kept the name because I liked it better than Eelktross, sorry if that confuses you)
    Is there any ingame tms I could get and teach
  4. LeviLamprey

LeviLamprey

I meant Eelektross with my comments...If Darmanitan can learn it though...
  5. Citizen

Citizen

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/604.shtml

And btw, Darmanitan doesn't learn Acrobatics, the poster was referring to teaching it to Eelektross (which imo would work really well).

EDIT: Accelgor'd -_-
  6. Sy123

Sy123

I meant I was going to because my DS wasnt available, but now that I have it I followed comments, and now I taught it to Elektross.
    I guess Im just going to grind against the Elite 4, is it just me but do these guys give massive exp, even for their level.
    I dont remember in DP a pokemon giving 4000xp
  7. Gneiss is nice

Gneiss is nice

Just beat White last night with playtime of 17 hours.

My team:

Emboar, 47: Rollout/Heat Crash/Flame Charge/Brick Break
    Carracosta, 40: Aqua Jet/Smack Down/Shell Smash/Surf
    Lilligant, 48: Petal Dance/Giga Drain/Sleep Powder/Quiver Dance
    Galvantula, 45: Thunder/Charge Beam/Signal Beam/Agility
    Krookodile, 47: Bulldoze/Foul Play/Crunch/Swagger
    Sigilyph, 46: Psychic/Air Slash/Fly/Whirlwind

Lilligant was definitely my MVP in the Elite 4 and N/Ghetsis. After a Quiver Dance or two, Petal Dance hit really hard with no drawbacks (thanks to Own Tempo), and Giga Drain made her really hard to kill. Emboar was pretty strong, though I never got around to replacing Rollout. Carracosta was my least used guy; he was cool but he tended to die a lot and I ended up replacing him with Zekrom in the last two fights. Galvantula hit like a truck with Thunder, and Signal Beam destroyed the Psychic and Dark Elite 4. Krookodile was fantastic, and his Foul Play saved my butt a few times (especially the last gym, when Iris' dragons were sweeping my team and I managed to Foul Play after they had Dragon Danced 4 times. OHKO). Sigilyph was useful, but he died early in the Fighting Elite 4 before he could be much use.

Surprisingly, I beat the Elite 4, N, and Ghetsis on my first try; in the older games, I'd have to grind first 2 Elite 4 guys to get them strong enough for the last 2, and then I'd grind the Elite 4 for the Champion. Though I only beat Ghetsis due to copious amounts of Max Revives near the end.
  8. Chieliee

Chieliee

searching for a Drillbur in Wellspring cave. 8(yes I counted) dustclouds, all were an item, and now no dustcloud in 10 battles. D:

EDIT: found one. And it's level 12
    EDIT2: WTF. My Munna's Forewarn alerted it to RAPID SPIN. WTF
    EDIT3. OMFG. crit Tackle from my Lilipup left it at very little HP (1-3, I think)
    EDIT4. Checked it's nature. Naive.(+spe -sp.D) Pretty awesome.
  9. Slightly

Slightly

Wow. Just beat the elite four. Amazing ending. I'll post my team tomorrow, because I'm going to bed now.
    Black/white has such a better storyline than the last two generations.
  10. Lucindril

Lucindril

According to Serebii there's a ton of trainers you can battle in the Domes in Nimbasa City. Some of the trainers have quite low-leveled Pokemon, around 30 and they're Unova-native, but the rest of them are above 60 and from any region. Can any of these trainers be battled pre-E4? Last time I went to Nimbasa City, all they did was talk to me about sports...
  11. Bombkirby

Bombkirby

Naw I skipped wild Pokemon and I wasnt underleveled. Thats not the problem.
  12. AriadosPerson

AriadosPerson

It's not all at once.

Post-game, you only fight the strongest teams.
  13. Texas Cloverleaf

Texas Cloverleaf meh
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderatoris a Contributor Alumnus

Where exactly is the Scald TM? I even have the walkthrough guide but I just can't find it.
  14. feral_brute

feral_brute

I had similar problems finding that tm as well. Lol it's in the bottom right corner of the first large ice patch you find when you enter the container. It's blocked from view by a container somewhat until you're almost on top of it.
  15. TombolaMan

TombolaMan

Well after taking a break of about a week or so from White after getting bored during my 2nd playthrough of the game I just started playing again.

In Pinwheel Forest at the moment with a team of

Atlas (Dewott) Lv 18 Naughty nature
    Flair (Pansear) Lv 18 Bashful nature
    Sanger (Blitzle) Lv 18 Lonely nature (thanks to synchronise Munna)
    Hammertime (Venipede) Lv 18 Hasty nature (with a possible 31 speed iv too)
  16. Andren

Andren

It's in Cold Storage, on the first patch of ice. It's hidden by some of the containers, but I think it's in the bottom right corner.

EDIT: Ninjask'd/Accelgor'd -_-
  17. Green Mage

Green Mage

mumble grumble

Just hatched an adamant guts timburr with 31s in hp, attack and special defense, but it has a blithering 0-10 in defense.

mumble grumble
  18. Shinryu

Shinryu

Ever consider just ramming Scrafty with Archeops's Acrobatics? Darmanitan could have cleaned up the rest...

Otherwise give your Eelektross Acrobatics as well, another good weapon he (unexpectedly) has iirc.

Also, who seriously pays attention to in-game tier lists, people use what they like I thought for the most part lol. The concept of an in-game tier list is pretty laughable...
  19. Lucindril

Lucindril

I love my Eelektross. Thunderbolt/Flamethrower/Crunch/Brick Break destroys all. Mine has equal attacking stats though, so I guess one of them has a high or low IV. I would have kept Acrobatics over Crunch but the only time I ever needed to use Acrobatics, I switched out to Archeops.
  20. Sharopoyezd

Sharopoyezd

hey, if you get him fast enough you wont have to worry about his defense being to low because you will ko the other pokemon before he has a chance to touch you
  21. Green Thunder

Green Thunder

Saying conkledurr can be fast is...hilarious, the fastest conkledurr is still slow!
  22. Sajak

Sajak

Use it as a parent. You have a pretty darn good chance of passing any of those down.
  23. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

I put a Quick Claw on mine

It feels so good to see it activate and outspeed for the OHKO while my HP bar is still full
  24. Green Mage

Green Mage

I'm not sure what you're trying to say, but are you suggesting that speed is important on this thing? Because it isn't.

Also I don't know how i'm gonna evolve this thing. Don't know anyone else that plays. F you, stupid trade evolutions.
  25. Shinryu

Shinryu

*looks around at the hundreds of Smogon users*

I'm sure you won't have too much problem if you ask someone, I'm sure plenty of people would like to get their trade evos done too :P

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)