1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Pokémon Conquest

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Firestorm, Dec 16, 2011.

1. NatGeo

NatGeo sun's coming up
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Man this might actually get me to play fire emblem
  2. Firestorm

Firestorm I did my best, I have no regrets!
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

3. Raverist

Raverist

The shitstorm if it's a japan only title...
  4. Rayquaza2233

Rayquaza2233

This game is right up your alley.
  5. Forte.EXE

Forte.EXE

Thank God I don't have to buy a 3DS for this.

DS STILL CHUGGIN' ALONG, ALL DAY
  6. Swaggersaurus

Swaggersaurus I DON'T NEED A MAN
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

oh my goodness i am ALL about this
  7. Tortferngatr

Tortferngatr

The Rule of Cool supercedes your argument.

Anyways, this looks kind of interesting, given how much time with third parties Mario's spent lately it does seem inevitable Pokemon would get crossover spinoffs too.

Here's to hoping that this game goes to the US. (As for Nickscor and such: Keep in mind that even though this is a Pokemon spinoff, the crossed-over franchise seems pretty firmly Japan-rooted. Then again we got Fire Emblem via a spinoff [Marth being a complete badass in Melee], so perhaps it isn't that farfetchd after all.)
  8. Tayla

Tayla

I'm not familiar with Fire Emblem, so I'm not sure how it works. But, samurais with Pokemon? Good God that Articuno pic is pretty badass! I was totally expecting Pokemon "MagmaRuby / SeaSapphire" or something along those lines, perhaps even Grey version, but nothing like this!

Is Fire Emblem kinda like Zelda-esque?
  9. Dozz

Dozz Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

This game looks pretty different. Will be interesting to see how it goes down in Japan. I don't think I'll be getting overly hyped on it though, based on the current information.
    I'm open to being proved wrong though as more info leaks and it hits Japan.\\

Interesting choice of mons in the promo shots though. Who doesn't love Jigglypuff.
  10. Tayla

Tayla

"Choose your partner! ARTICUNO the Ice phoenix! MEWTWO the psychic warrior! GROUDON the volcanic behemoth! Or JIGGLYPUFF the pink balloon!"

Sounds bout right..

EDIT: Looking at some of the pictures and the trailer, it APPEARS you begin with an Eevee. But that just might be after a picker screen or something of the sort.
  11. Firestorm

Firestorm I did my best, I have no regrets!
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

SRPGs are turn-based role playing games based on grids where position and unit types are key. Watch a video of Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy Tactics, Tactics Ogre, or Disgaea and you'll see what they're like.
  12. capefeather

capefeather YOU CAN'T STOP ROB
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I think I'd have been more excited had Professor Layton X Phoenix Wright not existed. I feel like this game's trying to outdo that crossover in its ridiculousness. Oh, well, guess I have an excuse to play this samurai SRPG thing now.
  13. Dragonking700

Dragonking700

OMG, this looks SO EPIC!!!
    From what I can tell, I really like the direction Pokemon is going with this. The artwork looks awesome. I can't wait to play it!
  14. Shinryu

Shinryu

Well this is...uh...well...er...hmm...different.

I guess it could be fun, but yeah...this is kind of a new oddball leap for a spinoff, even more than Mysterious Dungeon was.
  15. Pippy

Pippy

This looks amazing! Odd... but amazing.
    Hope it comes out soon. if it's Japenese only mutter mutter mutter...
  16. FlareBlitz

FlareBlitz This was never a story that would have a happy end
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

....not...not sure if serious...

I mean, can you imagine that meeting?

Executive 1: "So guys, we haven't done any Pokemon crossovers lately, so let's brainstorm ideas for franchises that would fit thematically with the idea of cute little pocket mons-"
    Executive 2: "Nobunga's Ambition. It's a war simulation / strategy game set in feudal Japan.".
    Executive 1: "...someone give this man raise"

Still, I like SRPGs, I like Pokemon. Hesitantly optimistic...
  17. Forte.EXE

Forte.EXE

Hey, it can't be worse than some of the spin-offs we've gotten before.

Like Pokemon Dash.
    Or Pokemon Typing.
  18. Snorlaxe

Snorlaxe 2 kawaii 4 u
    is a Contributor Alumnus

i dont know why so many people are being kinda negative about this. obviously nothing about the game is known at this point but it looks fucking sick, they had better release this in the U.S. or i'll honestly cry. a little surprised that they didnt announce grey though seeing as everybody knows it's coming........

edit: lol this was my 2k post, hmu bitches
  19. SevilitheArcanine

SevilitheArcanine

by the screenshots it looks like dudes with swords stabbing angry bidoofs. sounds like a good time.
  20. Nastyjungle

Nastyjungle fat and sassy
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

my god this looks stupid

i will most likely get it and play it anyways though, so........
  21. Bombkirby

Bombkirby

The game's definitely more in the style of the Final Fantasy Tactics series than a Fire Emblem game.

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance looks similar to it
    [​IMG]

while Fire Emblem looks like this
    [​IMG]

And for the hundreds of you that haven't played a tactics style RPG...dear gawd go out and play one ASAP. If you have a 3DS and are an ambassador, download the free GBA Fire Emblem game. Its good stuff. Reach out try new things guys! Especially say Fire Emblem, its a Nintendo game and is pretty similar to Pokemon. Recruit units, build a team, level them up, "evolve" your units into stronger units...its nothing foreign.
  22. soul_survivor

soul_survivor

Well it has pokemon in it so I'm sold, and I love SRPG's. Can't wait for this one. At least I don't have a huge 2-year wait period for a pokemon game(black/white->grey.)
  23. Oglemi

Oglemi it's me heysup's gay friend, the legendary gaysup
    is a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    C&C Leader

This is actually the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw the battle screens. If it's more like a Tactics game then I am all the fucking way in. I'd prolly still get it if it was Fire Emblem style though.
  24. Forte.EXE

Forte.EXE

You forgot to mention that when a unit falls, it dies permanently.
  25. Garagara

Garagara

Imagine if they made each move have a use, and each poke kept its moveset... that'd be stupid amazing. So many more possibilities, amazing gameplay

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)