Pokémon Conquest

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So looks like The Pokemon Company didn't announce Pokemon Grey at Jump Festa. Instead we're getting something arguably more interesting. A Pokemon crossover project with Toei's Nobunga's Ambition franchise. Considering the Fire Emblem fans on this board, I'm assuming an Pokemon SRPG is going to be very interesting for them!

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u34bzH5Eo04

Update US Release Date: June 18th

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-conquest/

Warlords and their Pokémon clash in Pokémon Conquest, a new game for the Nintendo DS™ family of systems!

In this unique turn-based strategy game, play as a Warlord and build a bond with your Pokémon in order to become more powerful and intimidate your foes! Battle other Warriors and Warlords—and their Pokémon—to conquer all before you and unite the vast Ransei region!

With a nod to the classic game NOBUNAGA'S AMBITION, Pokémon Conquest takes Pokémon video games to an all-new level!

Get ready to clash in Pokémon Conquest, coming soon for the Nintendo DS family of systems! The game can also be played in 2D on the Nintendo 3DS™ system.

I am actually really interested in this. It looks like it could really broaden the pokemon series, maybe lead to other crossovers etc.

Hoping it isn't Japan only, I'll probably import if it isn't since it isn't a 3DS game (at least I don't think it is).

My twitter feed is going crazy from the info. @_@

Edit for another image:

Edit edit:

TRANSLATED INFO COMING VERY SOON TO POKEBEACH. Gin is translating game stats and stuff, looks like a combo of both RPG stats and pokemon stats mixed.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Petitioning Articuno64 to change his avatar to this:

And while I have my doubts, I'm hoping it's successful. Looks fun to play

Aw, no Mystery Dungeon :<

This does look interesting, looking forward to more news on this game. I love SRPGs.
all i can say is they better release this in the US
I honestly don't see why they wouldn't, seeing as most 'Mon Spin-offs have made it to the US.

Evidently you move up in military ranking based on how good of a pokemon trainer you are. More soon but I'm about to go on my break...

what?....what? what the hell is this. this has to be the most random thing in my life what ever happened to ruby remake or even grey im not sure if i should be glad or sad what the hell is this damn it!

I 'like' the idea of mewtwo suddenly "teleporting" itself several hundreds years earlier before he was even created...

facepalm.png

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
Sounds interesting, though I'm not overly familiar with the Nubanaga's Ambition franchise. I'll be keeping an eye on this.

I 'like' the idea of mewtwo suddenly "teleporting" itself several hundreds years earlier before he was even created...

facepalm.png
Who cares? If it ends up being a good game that what does it matter?

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
This has some serious potential. I saw the words Fire Emblem and Pokemon, and was instantly interested. I really hope this turns out well!

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
this looks amazing, i want it now

looks like a good idea for a 3ds game though, so importing might not be workable :(

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
this looks amazing, i want it now

looks like a good idea for a 3ds game though, so importing might not be workable :(
It's DS. And I think it will be localized. I mean, they localized Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and it did awesome even though nobody knew about the older games in the Mystery Dungeon series in the west. Dungeon crawlers and SRPGs are a similar niche as well.

what the ? I cant believe my nightmares are coming true. Seriously Pokemon crossovers? However this sounds kind of cool. But cant they just put samurai in the games rather than this?

I wanted a Pokemon Brawl Game. Actually like Super Smash.But with all the pokemon! Think of that! *Squeals*

Serebii said this is for DS, but could it actually be for the 3DS? Serebii and this thread are all I've heard of this, so just wondering.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)