Pokémon Lab - the successor to Shoddy Battle

Just played a 6 on 6 OU battle, with all Pokémon out at the same time. No lag or anything; I'm impressed.

Help please

Im going to sound like a big idiot, but how do you open something using Java Web Start? I have java 6 downloaded, so i think i have it.

I never got around to thanking all of you. So, sincerely, thank you for this. I enjoy not having to ev every effin' pokemon before I can test a team. =)

I think this is pretty cool but i miss the "Find Game" and "Underused/Standard" button. Makes things somewhat easier instead of clicking on a random opponent and then selecting OU/UU, load team, etc. OR clicking on the tab to find the game.
This. PokeLab looks like it is going to be AMAZING (props to the admins), but at the moment it appears that you can't ladder or build teams on it. I'm sure that those features will be added soon, though, as well as a GenV update at some point. However, it does make me wish that they hadn't shut down Shoddy just yet.

Also:
It's against the rules to make another account? I haven't made one yet, but I probably would've at some point. How do you have an alt on PokeLab without another Smogon account? That's another problem with it. Sorry, Cathy, bearzly, and Super for griping over all your hard work.

little gk

competitive oosos player
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Actually, you can both ladder and build teams on PokeLab. Both can be found by clicking on "File", then "Team Builder" or "Find."

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's against the rules to make another account? I haven't made one yet, but I probably would've at some point. How do you have an alt on PokeLab without another Smogon account? That's another problem with it. Sorry, Cathy, bearzly, and Super for griping over all your hard work.
PokeLab uses Smogon Accounts and it's against the rules to create another Smogon account. You will be able to battle anonymously in the future but no alts are allowed.

Why doesn't it say anything about Pokémon Lab on the Shoddy web site, and yet you can download it from there (following the OP's link)? :S

Wow. Just got done with some battles on there, it looks amazing.

Everyone has said it before, but great job guys! You have my heart! :)

woot pokeleab is amazing huge improvment from shoddy 6on 6 battles are great and for any1 who trys to login on pokelab and it says their password is invalid just cahnge your name to a shorter 1 thats what i did and it worked

Does the rating system still exist? I can't seem to find a way to check anyone's rating.

The in battle layout is way nicer in my opinion, especially since you can view HP and percentages, as well as being able to check your opponents' HP on pokemon that have been switched out.

Just tried it out.

Very nice :), almost no lag.

Things to say
-I played 6v6, very entertaining :). I got challenged and as I was laddering with my rain dance team I decided to use it :). Needless to say I got tricked on two pokemon and they were made redundant for the rest of the match. Very gimicky match-up but fun nevertheless
-Not many people play VGC and then when I entered my level 100 Team, I left it for a long time before I realised level 100 pokes weren't allowed ;). It would be nice if there was an "Error" pop-up to remind you that you're pokemon were over level 50.
-No Cancel attack option
-When you're switching pokemon it would be nice to see their HP remaining instead of just a green bar :)

That is all I can think of, for now ;)

Does the rating system still exist? I can't seem to find a way to check anyone's rating.

The in battle layout is way nicer in my opinion, especially since you can view HP and percentages, as well as being able to check your opponents' HP on pokemon that have been switched out.
A rating view will be implemented in the future.

Does anyone know how you can see if there are entry hazards on the field?

I also had a little problem with the timer, even when I'm playing fast, it still takes about 1-2 minutes before that move is used, which makes me ran out of time fast.

Other then that pokelab is just fine ^^

I am trying to download it on a mac, and when I do, it won't run it and says that it is a Java language exception. Can anyone help me with this?

I've been getting an error code, the exception code is this:

ava.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:676)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:260)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:56)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:195)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
at com.sun.jnlp.JNLPClassLoader.findClass(JNLPClassLoader.java:332)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:317)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:252)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.doLaunchApp(Launcher.java:1491)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:135)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:613)

I start up the program, and connect to the server just fine, but when I try to log in using my Smogon account name and password nothing happens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)