Pokémon Mafia: Johto & the Legend of Ho-oh

Status
Not open for further replies.
I searched up 23 on dictionary.com since it said to make the dictionary link..

adjective1. being three more than twenty [syn: twenty-three]
noun1. the cardinal number that is the sum of twenty-two and one [syn: twenty-three]

Definition one mentions number twenty... perhaps referring to the 20th person on the list is General Tso

Definition two mentions numbers 1 and twenty-two... number 22 on the list is greenpikachu, number 22 is Lord Sunday

I think we're going on the wrong tangent with Mekkah's clue. It says 'makes the dictionary link', with the number 23. Now the 23rd letter is W, or it could be referring to the 23rd member, which happens to be aamto in that list.

Also W upsidedown is M, Mekkah's first initial, so that could be a clue. Working backwards the 23rd member is Mr378. (which also begins with M. Coincidence?)

It might be more prudent to search the dictionary meanings of some words in that clue, hence the dictionary link. But we've got quite a lot to go on, so we'll see.

I searched up 23 on dictionary.com since it said to make the dictionary link..

adjective1. being three more than twenty [syn: twenty-three]
noun1. the cardinal number that is the sum of twenty-two and one [syn: twenty-three]

Definition one mentions number twenty... perhaps referring to the 20th person on the list is General Tso

Definition two mentions numbers 1 and twenty-two... number 22 on the list is greenpikachu, number 22 is Lord Sunday
*gasp* but today is the 23rd. And if you count up 23 numbers from one on, you get to 23. 23 is also the number of the 23rd post in this thread.
Now we've definately found some kind of clue!

Someone seems a little quick to point fingers, eh dynamo? Trying to shift the focus of attention onto someone, someone that you wouldn't mind seeing getting lynched? I was expecting my name to be mentioned right off the bat, but a lynch? No, someone is covering something here, or someone.

If you do decide to lynch me, just remember who pointed the finger first, and who hopped on the bandwagon quickly.

If I remember correctly, havak said that the clues would get harder as the game goes on, but anyone who has played GSC will remember the red gyrados. The first clue was harder, it required you to look something up on google. It doesn't make sense that the second clue would be easier to decipher.

Gyrados isn't the only thing with a red scale though, someone already mentioned magikarp. The red Lati is another. And this is assuming that it is a reference to a pokemon.
And of course, it is a red-ISH scale. There is nothing red-ish about shiny gyrados, it is red, no, this is only red-ish, looks kinda like red, but it isn't quite there.

The name that jumps at me right off the bat is Retro 0range. Orange, kinda red-ish sometimes maybe? And this is retro orange...

11:21 GMT (I should have put that in a while ago) also its evening/pm, whichever you like to say
I hope that number will convince a certain number of other members of my innocence. I'm not going to elaborate on it more, not unless they don't get it.

Wakaka: It said to make the dictionary connection with the number 23.. I did just that so it would be nice if you didnt just bash it right away.

Also looking the ID number up on google seemed far fetched but that allowed us to lynch a mafia... how do you know that Havak wasn't referring to the dictionary definition of the number 23?

And of course, it is a red-ISH scale. There is nothing red-ish about shiny gyrados, it is red, no, this is only red-ish, looks kinda like red, but it isn't quite there.

The name that jumps at me right off the bat is Retro 0range. Orange, kinda red-ish sometimes maybe? And this is retro orange...
I was thinking the same thing. NOW you guys know why I'm lynching quickly this time so: lynch Retro 0range.

I must say, this is quite the interesting game so far. I wish I had been on during signups.

Though two things bother me. 1) Why does rule #7 still exist? The revealed basic PMs takes care of that problem. For all a villager knows, they could be talking to mafia, screwing themselves over, particularly if they're in alliance with special roles. There shouldn't be a way to "drop hints" this game unlike obi's and mekkah's games, which was the whole problem. Also... 2) You should include links to the specific posts with the end day and end night messages in the first post (particularly the end night messages, as they contain clues, and easily get lost in the thread). Imo anyway.

Looking forward to see how the rest of this game plays out.

As a side note: While looking over the first post for who the clue might be referring to, I noticed a typo in the player list. You might wanna fix that havak. (Hey, even if I can't play it's still fun to try to decipher the hints and follow along.)

lynch zenigame

just because i wanted to lynch shiney but im pretty convinced hes not mafia after his post.

regardless things have been going really well for trainers so i dont mind if some random trainer gets lynched

I am with you gorm... I didn't like him from the start, and you said he did the same exact thing in HP mafia... I have no problems lynching Zenigame for now, but I will change my vote if any evidence comes up about who is mafia. Or if Isy finds another clue...

Lynch Zenigame

edit: Yeah gorm started it, but you tried to start one with Seph... therefore you logic backfires against you.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I must say, this is quite the interesting game so far. I wish I had been on during signups.

Though two things bother me. 1) Why does rule #7 still exist? The revealed basic PMs takes care of that problem. For all a villager knows, they could be talking to mafia, screwing themselves over, particularly if they're in alliance with special roles. There shouldn't be a way to "drop hints" this game unlike obi's and mekkah's games, which was the whole problem. Also... 2) You should include links to the specific posts with the end day and end night messages in the first post (particularly the end night messages, as they contain clues, and easily get lost in the thread). Imo anyway.

Looking forward to see how the rest of this game plays out.

As a side note: While looking over the first post for who the clue might be referring to, I noticed a typo in the player list. You might wanna fix that havak. (Hey, even if I can't play it's still fun to try to decipher the hints and follow along.)
I actually don't know how to link to "single" posts, but I forgot to ask Mekkah :(

And which name has the typo?

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
tbh this apophenia is getting a bit stupid, it's detracting from the nature of mafia

lynch zenigame

gorm tends to have a built-in inspectorness in mafia

GreenPikachu

pumpkin pieco
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
yeah...22+1 =23.....so that means the first and 22nd people on the list killed mekkah? lol. that's retarded. the clues are supposed to relate to ONE person. and also, i think cardinal is the more important word out of those definitions.

Speaking of Isy, he survived the attack. Havak asked why in his post. I think that is significant. The only things that I can think of are that Izy was either protected by the bodyguard type guy, or that he had a special ability that allowed him to survive once, or maybe for all the nights (Mundungus Flethcher anyone) (or for that matter Amanda?(you know, the role from Obi's mafia))

Exactly, if he is an ally then he is a stupid ally and we dont really need him... if he is an enemy then Hooray for us, we just lynched an enemy.. It's a win win situation either way unless he turns out to be something like hooker, or bodyguard (but then he is stupid for putting this much attention on himself)

GreenPikachu

pumpkin pieco
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
i was right about CotH. he made it WAYYY too obvious that he was mafia, lol. i think i'll bandwagon zenigame, but i need more time to think and go over any possible clues.

Retro: In the IRC mafia, gorm is always able to pick a mafia member by sheer luck when voting... Plus Zenigame is an idiot so it doesnt really matter if he dies.

*sigh*
I honestly cannot see anything in the hints that were given, so I am afraid the i must lynch zenigame. I can always go back and take another look at the clues later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)