Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Stellar, May 10, 2013.
My comments in bold italic just because I can.
The abundance of rivers on the big region map has been duelly noted. You may have noticed that part of the river routes that practically divides the region in half between the northeast and southwest cuts straight through Lumiose City, and the rivers are laid out in a highly similar manner to their real-life placement in France(even the mountain ranges are mostly the same, except for the westernmost part of the map). Our level of interaction with the network of rivers is still undefined.
Should zigzags on being in the game suggest that there is no regional rodent, or is it more like the rattata sentret thing from Johtou? I had thought that that was the only exception because of Johtou and Kantou being practically connected, ziggys cute but I was kind of looking forward to something finally beating Pikachu as the best early rodent
Been reading back a few pages to the map, has no one else mentioned that the Windmill seems to drive the snow down that valley? The snow line is really peculiar if it is falling willy nilly from the mountains.
The only explanation is the building that looks like a windmill is actually forcing the snow down the valley to the south of the town. That therefore ends up being driven all the way down to the small snowey town in the south east of the region.
I'm pretty interested in analysing the map as much as possible, I know some people have pointed out some of the towns/islands/forests etc, but I'm more interested in the caves and waterways. And also that peculiar blue building right over in the east which I know some people have talked about.
EDIT: Probably won't get noticed but just found this image:
Huge Image (Move your mouse to reveal the content)
Huge Image (open)
Huge Image (close)
There is also another one with it overlaying on northern France almost perfectly (Which no one is really shocked about).
I'm guessing that rather than the standard "rodent," our early-game Normal type for this region could possibly be Helioptile. I mean, he's part Normal, and I have a sneaking suspicion that Game Freak is introducing a bunch of boring, early game Pokemon for now and revealing the cooler stuff later (hence them also revealing the standard Normal/Flying type). If that's true, it could show at least some effort on Game Freak's part to shake up the more rigid parts of their formula at least a little bit... 17 years too late, I might add, but hey, baby steps people.
Well, long time since I've posted here...
I would like to have some deeper discussion about the Kalos region.
With a quick look these are first things that pop up:
- It clearly is based on France. The shape of the land, the eiffel tower approximately there where Paris would be, rivers and so on. Of course little spiced up with deserts, mountains and glaciers.
- I'm glad to assume, that this time playthrough of the game is far from linear! I believe no one knows where the starting city is placed, but none the less it seems almost impossible to make playthrough so straightforward. All the rivers and roads connecting cities seems to form a kind of "web".
Well, then the further analysis. (I apologize if some of these are mentioned earlier):
- I calculated total of 14 cities. One of which must be Pokemon League. I would love to find someone with great photoshop skills to circle all the assumed cities from the image with red, highlight rivers with blue and roads with green and so on. That would also help the discussion about the matter.
- I can see 3 visible caves in the region. One huge cavesystem with at least 5 entrances at the south-west of the region. Then one located north from aforementioned, another side of the river. Then finally another huge cave at north-east, which seems to be kind of Ice cave. I'm quite satisfied of the amount and especially about the locations of them. (I'm referring to Sinnoh, which I loathed when talking about caves)
- We've seen game footage taken in the forest. There seems to be quite many forests, do you believe the major of them are in use, or just aesthetics?
- There are so many little details that I'm really delighted about! The lighthouse, stonehenge like of thing, some wooden structure, a lonely island, some large water container, hydroelectric power-plant(s) (???), wind turbines... There's that purple thingie at the glacier... The lonely green blob at south-east... WOW... Last generation was almost just bridges after bridges, but this..!
- I don't believe it's possible to say which ones are gym-cities or which ones have certainly some special meaning. I'd welcome some opinions about this. Only thing what I can assume "for sure", is that there's going to be ice-type gym.
I'm sure I forgot about something, but you can add it up!
Now to the new pokemons:
- Pancham: First thought - awesome. It reminds me of this fakemon. Final evo Grass/Fighting?
- Fletchling: Nice touch in my opinion. I would love to believe there's a deeper idea behind this one. I mean: It starts out as Normal/Flying, but it'd evolve into Fire/Flying? It learns Flame Charge, but yeah, I know the idea is a bit farfetched.
- Gogoat: I like the desing. I wonder will it evolve further, or is this its final form...
- Helioptile: Looks like a total derp. But yeah, typing is a nice touch and its evolution might be something spectacular!
That's all I and my son had to share with you!
I seem to remember reading that you go back to your house to change clothes.
Sorry for jumping in,but i got this itch about riding Pokèmons...
If they made PKMNs ride-able,then it might be possible to apply the same concept to Surfing/Flying... (Like seeing the ACTUAL PKMN for ONCE,damnit!)
I mean,it's all a wild speculation but I hope/guess it could be since:
1)With all the goddamn rivers,the surfing would get on the nerves quickly (at least for me it would >_>).
2)The fact that the source said something about a Flying/levitate PKMNs only battle style.
3) Yvetal would IDEALLY (but it could be total BS,since i'm only basing on the boxart background pic) be found in the skies of Kalos.
Or they could just go Full-Rayquaza.
And in the end,how could Riding affect battles?
If you can change clothes then where do u get them?
-Do you buy them, get them as gifts, are they prizes for ingame events or for participating in vgc tournaments?
I can see nitendo doing the last like with the c-gear skins.
Im really happy with the new map. Its waaaay more colourful than unova bland green.
I'm hoping we can get gym leader outfits, and maybe even older protag's cloths as downloads (like c-gear skins). Either way I might play as a girl because of this.
I was just checking out some YouTube videos and have fallen upon this certain image. I have screenshot the image because it has intrigued me for quite a while. This "possible Pokemon" left of the lamppost seems to be some sort of a pre-evo of Gogoat, as they prove to have a similar color scheme and almost similar structure, though it seems more bear-like so I may be wrong. What are your thoughts on this guys?
It says on the website "you can go back any time", so they would likely mean go back home, but the location that you change clothes at isn't specified. If it is home, then maybe we get clothes the same way we got room accessories in GSC, where you could leave your mom money and she'll buy you stuff every now and then that you could only obtain/use when you went back home.
I thought they were just hedges, but a closer inspection does show that they are made up of the bare-basics color scheme for Gogoat. If it is a prevo, it looks like there are two? One has a white head, and the other has a brown forehead, so if it's not only a Gogoat baby, but two babies sitting together, maybe they're both Gogoat babies and Gogoats have gender differences. But if that/those is/are Pokemon, what are they doing on the street alone? Where is their trainer? Or is it that some Pokemon are quite harmless to civilians and are allowed to roam around the city?
...Will we get to see interacbtible roaming Pokemon all over Lumiose City, if this is true?
One more note. the Pokedex lists Fennekin as Central, so since it's not tied to the mountain region, that may/may not debunk the journey theories from the last couple of pages about finding specific Pokemon first based on what starter you go with. Serebii says that Central, Coastal and Mountain refers to the middle, West and East parts of the region. Looking back at the map, the region is split quite nicely into three discernable sections, with the landmarks and roads in the middle of the region forming a pointed triangle/spire of sorts within the assumed boundaries of the Central area.
Yeah, it seems there is two Pokemon there laying around. White headed is clearly a sheep.
I don't recall Hiro saying that. Where did you hear it? I just checked his twitter account and found nothing.
Btw, I really like the idea of the tower of Lumiose being the Pokemon League.
so...after watching this...what do you guys think?
This star shaped region... does it seems to suggest to anyone else some... nonlinearity? There is what looks like something of a central city....
I'm really interested in being able to change clothes. It only took Gamefreak over a decade lol.
I thought it was the wing and tail of a pidgey??? The Harryamma (misspelled...) doesn't even fit.
People compared it to Pidgey, Spearow and Hariyama. Neither of them fit %100.
Also, Hiro's post is here.
Edit: Ok, I am a slowpoke, but everybody posted individual comparison images but not a complete one? What.
DHR, I was actually wonding about the strange placement of snow down from the mountain too. Interesting theory, it makes sense to me.
That video from gamexplain was pretty helpful. It certainly cleared up a lot for me.
And unfortunately, it seems the starting town is actually in the south again. That's based on the image DHR posted, as well as what's posted on the official site about customization. It looks like they were trying to say you change clothes in your room, and they showed that spot from the image DHR posted when they referred to returning to change.
I thought I was the only one who noticed it since nobody else has discussed it. This purple crystalline-like structure just screams "Key event" to me.
Same here, I thought that may be where yveltal may be, but it is in ice...
thank you for this. It really opened my eyes to some new things.
also the purple crystal like structure isn't in the ice its right outside of it
Meh, close enough.
I could quote many more posts from previous pages but you get the picture.
Can somebody please provide a link to the pokebeach rumors?
Iirc the ONLY thing he got right so far was Helioptile's name. Fairy type, dual typed moves, EV-training mini-games etc are still just speculation.
What am I missing here? What has Pokebeach said that has been confirmed?