1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokedex 3D (free and in 3DS eShop now)

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Firestorm, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Ionizer

Ionizer

From what I've read, everyone gets all 3 starter families, plus Audino, Scraggy, Minccino, Emolga, Foongus, Axew and Hydriegon.

Also, if you happen across Victini's, Cobalion's, Terakion's, Virizion's, Reshiram's or Zekrom's AR code, you unlock them automatically. Everyone else you need to get via Spot Pass or trading. Scanning any AR code besides those 6 gives you an increased chance of receiving that 'Mon from Spot Pass.
  2. Zuzu

Zuzu

Already got 25 :D
  3. HiddenDragon72

HiddenDragon72

wow if it weren't for the bar system this might actually get more love. why no love to the competitive pllayers?
  4. stephenjm

stephenjm

I have Spotpass turned on but it didn't download any new Pokemon for me yesterday.

EDIT: It worked! Now I just got Braviary, Beartic, and Fraxure!
  5. Roie

Roie

The only use for this was ruined by the bars. What is the point of this?
  6. Unreality

Unreality not hatching shiny values, go away

you can unlock much more pokemon by changing your date, I did that and I have 151

Does anyone else think it would be so much better if you could set the background in the Main Menu and take the picture from there? That would allow for better positioning, sizing, etc.
  7. stephenjm

stephenjm

how do you take pics?
  8. Stellar

Stellar
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Jack of All Trades

View the Pokémon using the AR Markers. You should have the option to take a picture using L or R.
  9. stephenjm

stephenjm

alright, and thanks unreality, now i got all the pokemon :)
  10. TorchicBlaziken

TorchicBlaziken

I emailed Serebii to add a section that lists the AR card dimensions required to make the mons as big as the dex says they are. I can't help, because I lack a 3DS. But if you could help with this and email Serebii then that would be a big help for players of this game, including me when I get it.

Yes, you can make a really big AR card and have it actually work.

The smallest mon is Joltik at 0'04", and the biggest is Serperior at 10'10".
  11. stephenjm

stephenjm

I ahve to say, Samurott and Serperior look pretty sick, as well as Galvantula and Eelektross IMO. Cryogonal and Emboar look stupid

EDIT: Also, I noticed there are some errors in the stat bars. For example, Durant's bar for attack and speed are bigger than its bar for defense even though its defense base stat is higher
  12. Stellar

Stellar
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Jack of All Trades

It appears both Zerowing and I are missing the same Pokémon:
    Spring / Summer / Winter Deerling and Sawsbuck
    Pansage / Simisage
    Pansear / Simisear
    Male Unfeazant
    Male Frillish / Male Jellicent

Is anyone else having this problem?

ETA: Apparently each person only gets one of each form (and monkey) and must actually swap with a real life person to get the others. :/
  13. Wichu

Wichu ACUPRESSURE
    is a Pokemon Researcher

I figured out the encoding of the AR markers and made an Excel spreadsheet that generates them. It can even do Pokémon that aren't in the game yet (though obviously the codes won't work until they're added).

XLSX download
    XLS download

More info on the encoding
  14. stephenjm

stephenjm

Cecil- I think you are right, I have Simisear ad Pansear, Female Unfezant, and male frillish, not their counterparts :/

EDIT: And Wichu, since there ARE codes for them, can we assume they will be added in a future update?
  15. Wichu

Wichu ACUPRESSURE
    is a Pokemon Researcher

That would be a very good bet.
  16. icay4321

icay4321

Where can I find the AR codes for Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect?
  17. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

I don't think this is the place to ask for AR codes. Maybe you can try this?

Also seeing as those three are unreleased I think they might not exist in the Pokedex.
  18. Demoli

Demoli

19. icay4321

icay4321

My bad, sorry.

EDIT: Also, I figure that it may at the least recognize their markers seeing as there are exactly 4 spots left for Keldeo, Meloetta's two Forms, and Genesect...
  20. Stellar

Stellar
    Jack of All Trades

You can certainly ask for the AR codes here, lol. He must have thought you meant Action Replay.
    Those three currently do not have functioning codes though.
  21. stephenjm

stephenjm

I'm having a problem- I'm missing some key pokemon like rufflet and lampent. It's been several day now and they are not appearing.
  22. Crashman

Crashman

I'm just curious about something, what happens if you set it back to the normal date? Do the Pokémon you obtained with this method disappear or do they still stick around?

Also how many is it that you get a day? If it's 3, like I've read somewhere else, it would be useful to know that it takes 46 days to get all of them using that method only, assuming you only started with the first 16 Pokémon in the game.
  23. Stellar

Stellar
    Jack of All Trades

You get 3 a day. Resetting the date does not delete your Pokémon.
  24. AuraSphere

AuraSphere

I NEED a 3DS, there's so much shit I'm missing. Super Scramble, Super Mario 3DS, and this. It's a portable Serebii for fucks sake.

BTW, are you able to get Victini on this?
  25. Stellar

Stellar
    Jack of All Trades

Yup, Victini is available right from the start just by scanning its code. Everything is available except the unreleased event legendaries.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)