Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is too soon to speculate on triples battles because we have so little information.

What if moves like Explosion, Surf and Earthquake only hit for 50%?
What if You First has priority?
What other abilities besides Dust Proof are going to affect battles?
What about the pokemon in the center? Do they take extra damage/deal more?
Does moving (new thing) a pokemon use a turn for both pokemon or just for one?

I think until we know those things, we should just focus on what we already know about, like already revealed pokemon and things. All the speculation is for nothing if we make assumptions about these things.

I think it is too soon to speculate on triples battles because we have so little information.

What if moves like Explosion, Surf and Earthquake only hit for 50%?
What if You First has priority?
What other abilities besides Dust Proof are going to affect battles?
What about the pokemon in the center? Do they take extra damage/deal more?
Does moving (new thing) a pokemon use a turn for both pokemon or just for one?

I think until we know those things, we should just focus on what we already know about, like already revealed pokemon and things. All the speculation is for nothing if we make assumptions about these things.
I think that it was confirmed that the middle pokemon deals slightly more damage

I think that it was confirmed that the middle pokemon deals slightly more damage
not necessarily. all that was mentioned that you will "do a lot of damage", which is vague. it could easily refer to the fact that you can hit all three opponents if you want, which could certainly be considered "more damage".

TheMaskedNitpicker

Triple Threat
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I might be a little slow on this, but what were the exact mechanics of You First and Telekinesis (The new Munna move, or whatever it's called.)?
We don't know the exact mechanics. We know that Telekinesis makes the target float and that it doesn't deal damage. That's about it. We know that You First makes the target move right after the user, but we don't know what priority bracket You First is in or if it works no matter what move the target is using.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
We don't know the exact mechanics. We know that Telekinesis makes the target float and that it doesn't deal damage. That's about it. We know that You First makes the target move right after the user, but we don't know what priority bracket You First is in or if it works no matter what move the target is using.
You sure about that? Because I'm almost sure I've watched a video/seen a screen where Telekinesis did damage, which would make it a move like any other (or maybe based on the target's weight).

You sure about that? Because I'm almost sure I've watched a video/seen a screen where Telekinesis did damage, which would make it a move like any other (or maybe based on the target's weight).
Thank you three for the You First clarification. I'm intrested in seeing how that would change things.

As for Telekinesis, perhaps it would work much like one of two options I see: Harming the foe and granting Levitate as the ability, which would make it similar to an offensive Worry Seed, or option B: A reverse Low Kick/Grass Knot ability, where the lighter the foe is, the more damage is done.

Thank you three for the You First clarification. I'm intrested in seeing how that would change things.

As for Telekinesis, perhaps it would work much like one of two options I see: Harming the foe and granting Levitate as the ability, which would make it similar to an offensive Worry Seed, or option B: A reverse Low Kick/Grass Knot ability, where the lighter the foe is, the more damage is done.
I doubt it's the latter, because it'd work just like Low Kick. Assuming you just lift the opponent into the air, the sheer mass of the opponent would determine its damage (which is what Low Kick does; kick them down low and they trip hard, iirc). It's probably just like Worry Seed for Levitate.

No problem ^-^ And I like the idea of a reverse low kick, giving the user levitate, we need a move like that!

I doubt it's the latter, because it'd work just like Low Kick. Assuming you just lift the opponent into the air, the sheer mass of the opponent would determine its damage (which is what Low Kick does; kick them down low and they trip hard, iirc). It's probably just like Worry Seed for Levitate.
Alternatively, a pokemon using telekinesis would be able to manipulate a lighter target to greater effect, by either lifting it higher than it would be able to versus a heavier opponent, or bring it crashing down harder (applying more downward force) than normal.

Triple Battles=Crocodile Pokemon KOing all pokemon with Earthquake, and then........BAM 3+ Attack

Just attach a Scarf and your done

Brave Heart is Ho-oh's theme since HGSS, go read the translated lyrics and see how right I am ~__~
so let me see if i get right. ho-oh theme is named Brave Heart? that is horrible. the theme of the first season of digimon was named brave heart, what a damn ripoff.

EQ and explosion will probably have they powers dropped to 50% each poke. but since explosion cut defense then you are hitting each fucking pokemon with a 250 base power move, dangerous in any possible way you can think. for the crocodile i would rather not spam scarf EQ, the american bird would atack me for destroying its land.

EQ and explosion will probably have they powers dropped to 50% each poke. but since explosion cut defense then you are hitting each fucking pokemon with a 250 base power move, dangerous in any possible way you can think.
Yeah I'm gonna say no to that. We already know that the Pokemon on the far left and the far right can only hit up to two of your opponents' Pokemon. How is that any different from a regular Doubles setup? One thing we can say with confidence is that Pokemon on the far left & far right will hit for 75% damage with moves like EQ & Surf. The Pokemon in the middle will probably hit for the full 100% damage. Unless CoroCoro interprets "tons of damage" as simply being able to hit all three Pokemon, in which case the middle Pokemom should also be hitting at 75% power.

that is even better i guess. i would rather wait for the main game to come out and test myself though. if i cant see with my own eyes then i wont believe.

so let me see if i get right. ho-oh theme is named Brave Heart? that is horrible. the theme of the first season of digimon was named brave heart, what a damn ripoff.
The opening was Butter-Fly. The evolution theme was brave heart. /nitpick

And currently, I'd rather hear more about Team Plasma being confirmed or not in Corocoro than seeing the entire "secret issue" about Triple Battles. Or at least some specs on Deathcan and Gigaisu.

remind me of the last episode when a piano version of butter-fly was playing....good days....anyway i think brave heart is more famous then butter-fly, just saying.

i would love if corocoro just show us the middle stage of our little mold-broken(Bad pun) dragon. the name of the new team is whatever for me.

edit:that is good to know, thanks DFang.

i was never good at internet sarcarm, oh well.

edit:more important, when are we getting more coro-coro?
It was announced that the next issue and "master document" would be released 8/11 so leaks may start next weekend. let's say a week and a half?

As for new pokemon, I expect them to reveal a mix of pokemon we know about but have no info on and some completely new ones. There are 7 we've seen with no real info: ononokusu, desukan, denchura, moguryo, doryuuzu, gigaiasu and most recently mamanboo. I'm not expecting more info on starters evos and mamepeto evos despite seeing leaks of them previously. In addition to those 7, I'm guessing we'll see another 3-8 more in this issue because the month after that we will know them all.

That's highly unlikely since it'll probably take place in-game and the chances of you having a Scarfbomasnow and 2 Helping Handers are slim to none (even less considering that 1 Helping Hander has to be first in the party with Abomasnow following).

Unless you mean the first "competitive" one.

*snark*
*Looks at his Sarfbomasnow,plusle,minun in his soul silver pc boxes....

so yeah...

All right, so this is a bit random, but is anyone else reeeeeally turned off by Victini's cold, lifeless eyes? It's not even cute. I find it threatening/eerie.

TheMaskedNitpicker

Triple Threat
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm pretty sure. I just carefully watched the video where they have the full triple battle and Chillarmy's HP doesn't change when Munna uses Telekinesis on it.

I did notice, however, that when Mijumaru uses Surf, its allies are hit before the opponents. I'm guessing this is going to be true for all such attacks (Earthquake, Explosion, etc.) and it's quite a departure from Gen 4. I think it's a good change overall, but I'll miss the being able to determine relative Speed stats from such moves.

I think there's going to be so many Fliers/Levitators in Triple Battles that Meguroko will have a hard time killing things with Earthquake. Also, I think someone calculated its Base Stats and its speed was really low so it will have a hard time outspeeding things even with a Choice Scarf.

I have a feeling that moves used by the center Pokemon in a Triple Battle will either be reduced to 66% or will only keep the reduction to 75% that moves get in Double Battles. If you look at the damage done by a move that targets all opponents in Single, Double, and Triple Battles, you see that this would give you a .5 boost to damage when you hit all of them (Single: 1x, Double: 2 x .75 = 1.5x, Triple: 3 x .66 = 2x). A 33% decrease in a move's power would still make it hit a lot less (you need a Choice Band/Specs to get it back up to the same level as it would have in Single Battles) so I don't think it would be any more overpowering that using multi-target moves in Double Battles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)