Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really excited about the online random matches... Its like an in-game equivalent of working your way up the leader board.

The dream whatever just seems like a cheaper (for Nintendo) Pokewalker.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Well, I never said those were the male/female forms (the first one is merely photoshopped), but now that you said it, it would be pretty good.

Ugh, still showing re-used sprites.. not very fun. I find it odd that they're mix-matching between certain games. Leafeon and Entei from DP, Pikachu from Pt and Suicune from HGSS?.. I'm starting to think that these aren't going to just be beta sprites. :(
That Suicune wasn't from HGSS. We may say it was based on HGSS's sprite, but it's not the same.

A bit late on this, but anyways...

I'm no expert in doubles, but I just thought that people would be using EQ (and other moves like it) less because it wouldn't even hit them with that ability in play. But I really don't know. For all I know that thing that gets that ability may just be so horrible that nobody uses it or the ability may just kick in once (or another certain amount of times). I guess I'll just have to wait until the game come out.

Edit: If those are Rankurusu's male/female forms, I'll be disappointed. I was hoping that it would be a female-only counterpart to Mr. Mime :(
Telepathy only protects the bearer. It means that only the pokémon with it will be immune to friendly-fired Earthquakes, Surfs and what-have-you.

Gochiruzeru is truly the best, honestly. ... Though it makes me ask how many Psychic types will be in 5th Gen, really. It seems like a rather odd trend for so many Flying and Psychic types to be revealed.

Kibago would probably turn into quite the 'mon when B/W comes out. Mold Breaker in general'll probably crush some things, 'specially if it gets STAB EQ down the line for some reason.

A bit late on this, but anyways...

I'm no expert in doubles, but I just thought that people would be using EQ (and other moves like it) less because it wouldn't even hit them with that ability in play. But I really don't know. For all I know that thing that gets that ability may just be so horrible that nobody uses it or the ability may just kick in once (or another certain amount of times). I guess I'll just have to wait until the game come out.
I still don't understand why you think that way, the ability only prevents those moves from hitting YOUR teammates, not the enemy. Even if the other team has a Pokemon with Telepathy, YOUR Earthquake will still hit them.

didnt liked the new avatar either mario, you should use something cool like mine.

so i have being playing madworld for the wii(got the game like 30 minutes ago) and it made me think....we should get a chainsaw pokemon or at least a pokemon with a chainsaw, i mean we got stuff like giratina already so add another evil looking pokemon would not be that bad right? steel/dark maybe? i dont know, i just think a chainsaw would be cool.

didnt liked the new avatar either mario, you should use something cool like mine.

so i have being playing madworld for the wii(got the game like 30 minutes ago) and it made me think....we should get a chainsaw pokemon or at least a pokemon with a chainsaw, i mean we got stuff like giratina already so add another evil looking pokemon would not be that bad right? steel/dark maybe? i dont kow, i just think a chainsaw would be cool.
Marowak evo confirmed.

I still don't understand why you think that way, the ability only prevents those moves from hitting YOUR teammates, not the enemy. Even if the other team has a Pokemon with Telepathy, YOUR Earthquake will still hit them.
I understand your first sentence, but not the second. Why would my EQ hit them if they have Telepathy but I wouldn't be hurt by their EQ when I have Telepathy. Maybe I read something wrong or something, I just don't understand :/ .

I understand your first sentence, but not the second. Why would my EQ hit them if they have Telepathy but I wouldn't be hurt by their EQ when I have Telepathy. Maybe I read something wrong or something, I just don't understand :/ .
OK, Telepathy protects your Pokemon from being hit by attacks used by your other Pokemon. Currently in doubles, if you use Surf, it will hurt both of your opponent's Pokemon and your ally Pokemon (barring abilities like Water Absorb, moves like Protect, etc). This new ability (Telepathy) acts like a catch-all for moves like Earthquake, Surf, Explosion, Discharge, Lava Plume, etc, in that your ally Pokemon won't be hit by those attacks.

Apparently there's also a move that makes multi-hit attacks miss.
Sounds a lot like "protect everyone" and you probably won't be able to use it several turns in a row (unless all your mons know it [?]...lol).
But two Pokemon will be free to attack while everyone is protected from, say, Rock Slide.
I think there will be more ways to counter multi-hit move spamming than before.

maybe You First in 2v2 or 3v3, something like You First Blissey thats going to use Softboiled and then your other mon can use Snatch or something like that, or You First stall Wobuffet so he can't Counter/Mirror you...

Interesting idea that I read on serebii. N looks a lot like Zoroark. Could the Illusion ability tie into the plot of the game?

edit: Blob's stats please me. Although it doesn't indicate the level, does it?

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
That's Rankurusu (greencell). Lemme see its Base Stats, considering it's at level 50.

EDIT:

Lv50, 31 IVs, 000 EVs: 80 / 45 / 49 / 97 / 69 / 19 = 359 BST
Lv50, 00 IVs, 000 EVs: 95 / 60 / 64 / 112 / 84 / 34 = 449 BST

Jesus.

since it's does not match the katakanas of magic guard and frisk, which are known abilities, it's pretty much the dust -whatever ability from the blob, also trying to read the part explaining it i'm seeing the katakanas meaning suna and ara which is sand and hail respectively so i pretty sure that is rankurusu ;p
Edit: SHIT, mario ¬¬ ninja'd again... XD

If it is Rankurusu, that the ability being displayed within the summary must be Dust Proof, though I can't be 100% sure. Why did green blob have to be so damn slow.

I think the ability says 'tokusei', but it's kinda small so I can't really read it. I just finished Japanese 2 so I can read it it, but it takes me a while to translate still. I can't remember what tokusei is off the top of my head, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)