1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Programming Pokemon Online replay player

Discussion in 'Technical Projects' started by Zarel, Aug 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k13

k13

That makes sence, but how now I want to get that Video on the replay. How can I do that without getting an error or changing the file type?
  2. Zarel

Zarel Not a Yuyuko fan
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
    Creator of PS

Did you get the replay file using the method suggested? If you didn't save a real replay file during your battle, it can't be uploaded to the replay player. :(
  3. k13

k13

Yeah, I pressed save log on the battle. I have the log on my C drive right now, as well with 20 other saved logs. All of those logs work, but this one wont.

This is what it's called: Left Brain vs I Do It--01 October 2011 at 20h56
  4. Zarel

Zarel Not a Yuyuko fan
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
    Creator of PS

Can you upload the log as an attachment, or on a website such as MediaFire?
  5. k13

k13

6. Zarel

Zarel Not a Yuyuko fan
    Creator of PS

7. k13

k13

Thanks!
  8. Arctic Eclipse

Arctic Eclipse

9. Zarel

Zarel Not a Yuyuko fan
    Creator of PS

Please read the FAQ:

Q: Pain Split, recoil, Wish, or Leech Seed damage/healing is being calculated incorrectly, and/or, Regenerator and Natural Cure healing aren't working!

A: You're using a replay from an old version of Pokemon Online, which doesn't give this information. The replayer tries to guess the best it can, but it can sometimes be off by a bit. Please update to the latest version of Pokemon Online.
  10. Arctic Eclipse

Arctic Eclipse

Oh ok thanks. Well the battle doesn't involve me so I'll just assume it was the battlers.
  11. Xander3000

Xander3000

12. Zarel

Zarel Not a Yuyuko fan
    Creator of PS

13. Shinyweavile

Shinyweavile

Maybe you could implement a feature that would allow people to use this as a warstory by allowing the uploader to place commentary every turn.
  14. Zarel

Zarel Not a Yuyuko fan
    Creator of PS

Already have a warstory generator: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3454111

I don't plan on having allowing annotated video because I don't think that's a good format for warstories. Either leave it text-based, or record a spoken commentary and upload it to YouTube.
  15. Antar

Antar
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributor
    Official Data Miner

You can always add annotations once you upload to Youtube.
  16. Bleeding Heart

Bleeding Heart

Feature request: more music? Hearing the same two songs over and over is a little boring. Perhaps add the trainer battles from RSE, HGSS Johto, DPP, and the Battle Subway version of BW? Thanks.
  17. Zarel

Zarel Not a Yuyuko fan
    Creator of PS

Ehh, but it's so tedious to add music. :/

If you tell me the exact loop timing of any of the music (down to a resolution of at least 10ms), I'll add it, though.

For instance, the Kanto trainer battle loops from 33.706 seconds to 115.344 seconds.
  18. Bleeding Heart

Bleeding Heart

I'll see what I can do. Might have to find some dedicated players for emulated music, since I have the soundtracks for the games in emulator formats. Winamp plugins play them, but there's no resolution at all.
  19. Zarel

Zarel Not a Yuyuko fan
    Creator of PS

I'd recommend Audacity; it gets a resolution of 1ms. It's what I used for the first two tracks.
  20. Bleeding Heart

Bleeding Heart

All right, thanks.

EDIT: "Audacity does not currently support WMA, AAC, or most other proprietary or restricted file formats." I assume that means emulated music formats like 2sf and gsf as well. I'll look for MP3s.
  21. Bleeding Heart

Bleeding Heart

Forgive the double post, but I have a bug report: this replay stops at turn 7. Looks like Dragon Tail is causing problems, because I've seen this happen on other replays. Seems like it's caused by switching normally after having the other side use Dragon Tail.

Quick edit: then it corrected itself when I paused and unpaused the replay. It also stalled again on turn 15 after two uses of Dragon Tail. Again, pause/unpause got it going again.
  22. Zarel

Zarel Not a Yuyuko fan
    Creator of PS

This is a combination of a number of factors. I've been messing with the Illusion code in the replayer, and coyotte508's been messing with the phazing code in PO.

I made a few changes that will make it not crash, but I blame coyotte for the animation looking wrong. :P
  23. Silent Storm

Silent Storm

Very cool program, well done on creating it.

Though I've always felt that the health bars appearing next to the Pokémon (like in the games) rather than on top looks better. Maybe something to consider in the future?

Apart from that, I really have no problems with this piece of software, you should be proud.
  24. Porii Sames

Porii Sames

I have old internet explorer, but this thing is AMAZING THANK YOU
  25. YAYtears

YAYtears

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)