Programming Pokemon Online replay player

Status
Not open for further replies.
That makes sence, but how now I want to get that Video on the replay. How can I do that without getting an error or changing the file type?

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Did you get the replay file using the method suggested? If you didn't save a real replay file during your battle, it can't be uploaded to the replay player. :(

Yeah, I pressed save log on the battle. I have the log on my C drive right now, as well with 20 other saved logs. All of those logs work, but this one wont.

This is what it's called: Left Brain vs I Do It--01 October 2011 at 20h56

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Can you upload the log as an attachment, or on a website such as MediaFire?

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
Creator of PS
http://pokemon.aesoft.org/replay-YAYtears-vs-Vaporeon--2011-09-27-private90311524
Turn 10

Celebi is switched in and has "Burn" as a status but it has Natural Cure so I'm guessing this is a bug. Also Mew uses Will-o-Wisp and misses, the "Burn" is still here and there is no mention of taking "Burn" damage.
Please read the FAQ:

Q: Pain Split, recoil, Wish, or Leech Seed damage/healing is being calculated incorrectly, and/or, Regenerator and Natural Cure healing aren't working!

A: You're using a replay from an old version of Pokemon Online, which doesn't give this information. The replayer tries to guess the best it can, but it can sometimes be off by a bit. Please update to the latest version of Pokemon Online.

Maybe you could implement a feature that would allow people to use this as a warstory by allowing the uploader to place commentary every turn.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
Creator of PS
Maybe you could implement a feature that would allow people to use this as a warstory by allowing the uploader to place commentary every turn.
Already have a warstory generator: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3454111

I don't plan on having allowing annotated video because I don't think that's a good format for warstories. Either leave it text-based, or record a spoken commentary and upload it to YouTube.

Feature request: more music? Hearing the same two songs over and over is a little boring. Perhaps add the trainer battles from RSE, HGSS Johto, DPP, and the Battle Subway version of BW? Thanks.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
Creator of PS
Ehh, but it's so tedious to add music. :/

If you tell me the exact loop timing of any of the music (down to a resolution of at least 10ms), I'll add it, though.

For instance, the Kanto trainer battle loops from 33.706 seconds to 115.344 seconds.

I'll see what I can do. Might have to find some dedicated players for emulated music, since I have the soundtracks for the games in emulator formats. Winamp plugins play them, but there's no resolution at all.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
Creator of PS
I'll see what I can do. Might have to find some dedicated players for emulated music, since I have the soundtracks for the games in emulator formats. Winamp plugins play them, but there's no resolution at all.
I'd recommend Audacity; it gets a resolution of 1ms. It's what I used for the first two tracks.

I'd recommend Audacity; it gets a resolution of 1ms. It's what I used for the first two tracks.
All right, thanks.

EDIT: "Audacity does not currently support WMA, AAC, or most other proprietary or restricted file formats." I assume that means emulated music formats like 2sf and gsf as well. I'll look for MP3s.

Forgive the double post, but I have a bug report: this replay stops at turn 7. Looks like Dragon Tail is causing problems, because I've seen this happen on other replays. Seems like it's caused by switching normally after having the other side use Dragon Tail.

Quick edit: then it corrected itself when I paused and unpaused the replay. It also stalled again on turn 15 after two uses of Dragon Tail. Again, pause/unpause got it going again.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
Creator of PS
Forgive the double post, but I have a bug report: this replay stops at turn 7. Looks like Dragon Tail is causing problems, because I've seen this happen on other replays. Seems like it's caused by switching normally after having the other side use Dragon Tail.

Quick edit: then it corrected itself when I paused and unpaused the replay. It also stalled again on turn 15 after two uses of Dragon Tail. Again, pause/unpause got it going again.
This is a combination of a number of factors. I've been messing with the Illusion code in the replayer, and coyotte508's been messing with the phazing code in PO.

I made a few changes that will make it not crash, but I blame coyotte for the animation looking wrong. :P

Very cool program, well done on creating it.

Though I've always felt that the health bars appearing next to the Pokémon (like in the games) rather than on top looks better. Maybe something to consider in the future?

Apart from that, I really have no problems with this piece of software, you should be proud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)