Programming Pokemon Online replay player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
lol

I hit my disk space limit.

I believe it's fixed now, but I'm going to need to look into moving into another server, and perhaps limiting the amount of time replays are hosted for.

I know. Find me a better picture and I'll use it.
I'm not finding anything good on Google, but a rock image should be ok... i'll look for something
This makes no sense.
Maybe

I tried to use the Warstory Maker, i don't know why i have that page
http://pokemon.aesoft.org/warstory.php?name=GT-Bruno-Magno-vs-smew--27-ottobre-2011-at-15h13
I mean, why there's only the first turn? The log is ok, the video goes, but why (twice) there's this error?

leafbarrett

Better than he thinks
One frame of Espeon's animation is a black box. I dunno if this happens for other pokemon, but Espeon's the only one I've seen it on so far.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
I found this strange bug.

Here's a match of my Special HO team:

http://pokemon.aesoft.org/replay--Thundurrr--vs-Test-LucaroarkZ--2011-11-01

On turn 12, he sent out a Dragonite which KO'd my Zoroark on turn 13 with Brick Break, but the replay thinks it's a Gyarados, since his Gyarados was nicknamed Dragonite. Looking at the original battle log, it really is a Dragonite:

Start of turn 12
The foe's Torture used Protect!
But it failed!

Zoroark used Dark Pulse!
The foe's Torture lost 46% of its health!
The foe's Torture fainted!
Zoroark is hurt by its Life Orb!

Rain continues to fall!
-Thundurrr- sent out Dragonite!

You'll want to look into turn 55 of this replay. Specifically, Ferroseed's HP bar is displayed as 0%, after the opposing Azelf faints from Leech Seed damage, and it stays until Ferroseed really reaches 0%.

This is a very good tool, though. It's much easier to show replays now because of this.

EDIT: In this DPPt replay, Porygon-Z's damage is shown as 0% after sponging another Hydro Pump from Rotom-W, even though it survived (turn 25). Same thing happens next turn (turn 26) when Nidoqueen uses Earth Power on Lucario, it does 79% but then displays Lucario's HP bar as 0%.

Also, if you click on "Go To Turn" and type in 0, the screen will be blank and say "seeking" in the middle, while the log is unaffected and continues to roll out.

Finally, if you click on "Skip To Next Turn" rapidly, the sprites and Pokemon names from the next turns will overlap on each other. You can recreate this if you start up the replay anew, and click the "Skip to Next Turn" button rapidly. It will then show overlapping sprites and names, and will freeze. Other glitches have sprung up from this one: one time, it said "seeking" in the middle of a blank screen as if you specified turn 0, and then everything was normal after, and another time, Forretress lacked his HP bar.

some pokemon back animations don't work for me (gengar specifically) i'm guessing there just not uploaded or something?
From the first post:
Q: Some pokemon don't have animated back-sprites.
A: Only around 80% of pokemon have animated back-sprites at the moment. For the ones that don't, there's nothing I can do about that. Go rip the GIF yourself or something. :/

EDIT: Houston, we have a problem. I didn't do it, I swear.
pokemon.aesoft.org said:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_DEC in /home/aesoft/public_html/pokemon/replays.inc.php on line 50064
Another edit: It's fine now. Wasn't so fine an hour ago.

It has probably been asked before but I couldn't be bothered to look through 12 pages and neither did I find anything in the FAQ about it so here it goes: When will Doubles (2on2) be supported?

I hope not to be a bother to you. Great program you created there aesoft, thank you and keep it up =D

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
It has probably been asked before but I couldn't be bothered to look through 12 pages and neither did I find anything in the FAQ about it so here it goes: When will Doubles (2on2) be supported?

I hope not to be a bother to you. Great program you created there aesoft, thank you and keep it up =D
I don't know.

Pokemon Showdown will support doubles, but I don't know whether I'll get them working on the PO log converter.

Hey im not sure if this is the proper place to post this but every time i have a replay with vaporeon or mespirt it does some strange glitches.
1ex: creates multiple copies of the sprite whenever the animation moves
2ex: puts other pokemon from the match mixted in with the sprites backround
so far these are the only two but I just thought Id point them out, other then that its a great tool

I love this. One bug I did get however is that when a ghost uses curse, nothing happens. The HP does not go down by half on use and I don't think it does down by 1/4 every turn. The stats also don't raise so it isn't any confusion.

http://pokemon.aesoft.org/replay-Skland-vs-Zephiell--2011-12-14

found a bug

at turn 12 cloyster hit ferrothorn 5 times with icicle spear,leaving ferro with 12% of its total hp, then cloyster died,but when quagsire came out on turn 13 and used scald it only showed that Quagsire had did 8% of ferro's hp,and then ferro died.

http://pokemon.aesoft.org/replay-Zephiell-vs-SKland--2011-12-14 happened again

jirachi was using metronome against Politoed and poli had 10% of its total hp left,and when jirachi used metronome(turned to earthquake) it only showed jirachi doing 8% to politoes and then poli died.

also when celebi used giga impact on jirachi,jirachi had 10% of its total hp left and it said jirachi only lost 7% then jirachi died.

and when dusknoir used horn leech on celebi it showed celebi having 4% of its total hp,but it said the horn leech only did 3% to celebi then celebi died.

happened again with mew and dusknoir.dusknoir had 3% of its total hp and it showed after 1 rock blast that did 1% dusknoir died.

last 1 i found was when mewtwo vs mewtwo and klands mewtwo used dragon claw against zephs mewtwo.the mewtwo not attacking had 7% of its total hp left,but the dragon claw did 5% and zephs mewtwo died.

sorry if i put too much detail into it just really saw this and thought i should report it. i'm not 1 of the 2 battlers,but just someone who wanted to report this bug. also the bug seemed to be when the pokemon was close to dying.

me too.It says stuff like
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FOR in /home/aesoft/public_html/pokemon/replays.inc.php on line 17164

EDIT:Now it works.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Hey aesoft I believe a similar bug like this has already been posted, but I'll give you another log so you can pinpoint where the bug is occuring.

At some point around turn 40, Ferroseed suddenly jumps to 0% health, but it's actually still at around at least 80%, and it then stays that way for the remainder of the match. From the posts above it seems like this is a recurring trend where the health bar is off. Maybe something to look into at some point?

http://pokemon.aesoft.org/replay-Snunch-vs-ToF--2011-12-17

Keep doing what you're doing aesoft, can't wait until Pokemon SHOWDOWN is fully completed.

I'd like to request that it works on the log files the server saves. I got the error message stating it wasn't a valid file from trying to use the file in my server logs.

The site is giving me problems. It says: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ')' in /home/aesoft/public_html/pokemon/replays.inc.php on line 59584

It looks like people had the same problem before, but it was fixed. I'm just wondering what's going on.

" Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ')' in /home/aesoft/public_html/pokemon/replays.inc.php on line 59584 "
I see some other people had the same problem...

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
Creator of PS
I'd like to request that it works on the log files the server saves. I got the error message stating it wasn't a valid file from trying to use the file in my server logs.
coyotte508 tells me this was a server bug. The alpha version of PO floating around in one of their YouTube videos, combined with the newest version of the replay converter, should work, from what I hear.

" Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ')' in /home/aesoft/public_html/pokemon/replays.inc.php on line 59584 "
I see some other people had the same problem...
This happens periodically when the list of replay files gets too big. I usually just start a new list when that happens. That's why you see it every once in a while.

I'd do a permanent fix, but I'm a bit busy working on Pokemon Showdown. I'll probably get to it sometime in January. :/

Hi, since the new patch, my replay files ave not been working. Probably just a bug that will be ironed out with all the others in the patch, but I'm just checking.
I get this message: Error: Replay file must an original Pokemon Online replay file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)