Pokemon Platinum - The definitive thread: Mach 2 (In-Game Discussion)

Can anyone help me with the 4th gym ( this girl was it , rite? )

I cant get to her, although punching !!

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
What about if you enter the Club Colosseum (against another Platinum game) instead of the Union Room? Does it still revert?
What is the Club Colosseum? More information, please.

And does wifi have a Platinum-specific mode as well?

Go upstairs in the Pokecenter and talk to the woman on the right. It's where you go to stage non-cripple fights, as the union room is limited to 2 Pokemon of <=lvl30.

I had to download a Diamond manual to doublecheck this since I've never had a local multiplayer fight (lol).

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Can someone please post all the CONFIRMED tutors here?

I don't want to look through this thread ~_~

(or Maybe RB Golbat can just edit it into his first post?)

The move tutors are awesome, but question: Are they free or what? Do you have to pay something to get the moves taught?
Are they multiple use or one time only?

Just minor questions.

Can someone please post all the CONFIRMED tutors here?

I don't want to look through this thread ~_~

(or Maybe RB Golbat can just edit it into his first post?)
I would edit it in the first post if Serebii or Pokebeach said they were true. Until that time, (Or Arty2 hacks the game again) I'm not adding them to the front post

well if anyone cares i got the pic where it shows Sky Shaymin battling in wifi/union room.

there has to be away to use them there just that we dont know how yet.

Hopefully it's some old move tutors from past games such as from emerald.
No. I, for one do not want this to happen. Emerald bred pokemon are special because they get those tutors. Same for XD pokemon. If Platium introduced the one-time tutors like Body Slam or Mimic, I would have no objection. But this, it just going to really devalue a lot of pokemon on Wi-FI.

That said, I do want 4th gen tutors like Nasty Plot. Lots of the one-use 3rd gen tutors are all kind of pointless now (Sword Dance, Thunder Wave). Body Slam and Double Edge, however, would be a big improvement in my opinion.

Agree with Tracker, stop being so selfish and be open to new possibilities.
In an ideal world we would have access to ALL of the old tutors and new ones as well in the same game but since this is Nintendo we are talking about then of course that they are going to make us buy more games to get everything (past and present games).
There is nothing selfish in wanting to have the old move tutors back, not all of us care about Emerald so please stop being greedy like Nintendo. And yes I have Emerald but I find way more convenient to have everything I need for breeding in one game.

With curse, steelix will become very tough physically, impossible to stop on that side of the spectrum. STAB Gyro Ball with even +2/+3 attack is pretty tough to survive, especially with it having -2/-3 speed. On special side, it will still be a piece of cake.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Oh, yeah, I'll have to bring this up: are the Micle, Custap, Jaboca and Rowap berries available in the Battle Frontier, or at all?

Just curious.

Speculative competitive poop aside, does anyone have any clue how to use the battle recorder? Is it only for matches vs other DS games?

Any word on GBA slot pokemon encounters?

Also, goddamn this game is awesome.

Does anyone know the new Platinum moves given to Pokemon?

I know Scizor gained Bullet Punch and Darkrai gained Nasty Plot... what else?

And what about the battle frontier tutors? Were those announced? o_o

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)