Pokemon Platinum - The definitive thread: Mach 2 (In-Game Discussion)

Does anyone know the new Platinum moves given to Pokemon?

I know Scizor gained Bullet Punch and Darkrai gained Nasty Plot... what else?

And what about the battle frontier tutors? Were those announced? o_o
All the new level up moves are in the front post

Tutors have been rumoured but not officaly announced/revealed by pokebeach/serebii

Does anybody know if you can bring Sky-Form Shaymin, or Origin Form Giratina over to D/P?
Yes, but they turn back to the land and another formes

What's the deal with the battle frontier rumors about Darkrai and Shaymin? Do you really get Oaks Letter/Members Card after winning "X" amount of mtaches?

It is still just that, a rumor. Nothing has really been confirmed yet about prizes gained by winning X battles in the Battle Frontier

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So I just cleared Hakutai City Gym (Grass). If anything, it's easier with the new layout. The clock in the center basically directs you to your next opponent, and you only need 3 wins. The gym leader is the same, same pokemon. Nothing really interesting thus far.

Bullet > Quick Attack, Scizor is a demon X__X

Hey, I want to breed some pokes in platinum, but the natures...japonese!wtf X_X anyone have a list of the japonese natures?xP

P.S: I got a psyduck shiny, the first shiny in platinum :3

Aww how sad. Flareon/Entei didn't get Flare Blitz and Ampharos didn't get Tail Glow!? Why does EVERYTHING have Bug Bite and Feint now? >_< I'm glad the worms do... they finally get stab. XD

Ahem, now that we have curse bibarel, we really need to get simple fixed on shoddy. Its going to increase its attack and defense by 2 in one turn, with a stab quick attack negating the speed loss. Hot damn!

Bullet > Quick Attack, Scizor is a demon X__X

Hey, I want to breed some pokes in platinum, but the natures...japonese!wtf X_X anyone have a list of the japonese natures?xP

P.S: I got a psyduck shiny, the first shiny in platinum :3
What did you expect? It's a "japonese" game.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok, where I expected Cynthia to show up, your rival shows up instead.

Rival: Toshio, you came here to see the pokemon statue right? I'll check it out with you!

*two walk up to statue* (Cyrus is there looking at it)

Cyrus: So this is the Hakutai pokemon statue. To change the shape of the world-- the worshipped pokemon of time and space from Sinnoh folklore . . . . . . I must discover the truth.

*Cyrus walks up to you*

Cyrus: Excuse me *Cyrus walks off*

Rival: Ah!! Just as that guy bumped into us, I had a flash of brilliance!! The way to become the strongest trainer!

Rival: K, listen up . . . . . .
Rival: Hit all your moves!
Rival: Dodge all of the enemies moves! (Wow, even ingame we see a garchomp discussion . . . lol)
Rival: If it's that way you can't lose! A trainer without peer!
Rival: So have a good look at the statue, later!

Ok, then Cynthis shows up and it's pretty much the same.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Got my Platinum FC. Does anyone wanna help me transferring my pokémon to my Diamond to level them up with infinite Rare Candies and then, trade them back?

Chou Toshio

Over9000
Ok wait a note for the players playing through the platinum rom:

If you go into the building in Eterna City to kick out the team Galactic guys, the first guy who talks to you is Handsome in disguise.

. . . oh wait, he reveales himself for a sec, so I'm sure you guys could have figured that out yourself.

There goes the neighborhood. Darkrai and Nasty Plot.

Scizor has both Bullet Punch, Quick Attack, and Technician. Its like a Bulky Lucario o_o

Sky Forme Shaymin turns back to Land Forme with _any_ contact with d/p. Trade screen, battle, etc do not work properly from testing this morning.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Jesus people, wait until Saturday :/ CoroCoro's scans and that Giratina video already shows we WILL be able to use the new forms in Wi-Fi/Wireless.

can't wait for Fridge Rotom to use in UU.

Shaymin CANNOT learn Roost, so only the Specs/Scarf version seems variable.

Ice Shard, Stealth Rock still owns it pretty hard tho.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)