1. Remember to check the Simple Questions/Simple Answers , Suggestions , Bug Reports and Technical Support threads before posting. If you have something that warrants extended discussion then post a thread, but when in doubt, please use an already existing thread
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokemon Showdown bug reports

Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by Zarel, Nov 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aurora

Aurora this CT is about ethics in gaming journalism
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I, too, am beginning to suffer from these disconnection issues - they only began affecting me about 5 minutes ago, but I am now plagued with DCs occurring every 20 seconds or so.
  2. CrackinSkulls

CrackinSkulls

People being disconnected try using safari, it won't happen as often but it will still happen ever 15-20 mins. It will also happen 1-2 times in a battle :\ but i guess its better than the current situtaion
  3. Cuban Vader

Cuban Vader

Not sure if it's been reported and it's not exactly a bug, but I've noticed in Random pokes with Frustration get max happiness
  4. HardCore

HardCore

Fatalpotato called Scizor back!
    Fatalpotato sent out Forretress!
    Pointed stones dug into the foe's Forretress!
    The foe's Forretress fainted!
    Landorus used U-turn!
    But there was no target...
    The sandstorm rages.
    Fatalpotato sent out Chandelure!
    Pointed stones dug into the foe's Chandelure!

You're supposed to be able to change your move if you are choiced and your opponent's Pokemon fainted before you hit it.
  5. Menshay

Menshay

Mummy obtained by touching a Yamask (and most likely anything with Mummy) seems to not go away when the Pokémon is called back (unless I didn't notice activating it again).
  6. melvni

melvni
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Are you sure about that? Because the onsite description of the move seems to imply otherwise:

Nothing about missing because your opponent fainted in here.
  7. The Immortal

The Immortal Administrator of Showdown!
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributor

The only Pokemon that got Frustration were Doduo and Dodrio, and I have fixed that.
  8. Oiawesome

Oiawesome

Belly Drum+Aqua Jet (Ileagle) Is allowed on azumarill And I used without knowing so yeah can you try to fix that because what ever PS alows in the teirs is fair game for me
  9. blarajan

blarajan holla ladies #£14000 #bling #sparkle #bitchesonmydick
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Move illegalities have not yet been implemented.
  10. Brock Harrison

Brock Harrison

Somehow myself and another player both registered the name Bryan yesterday. We are both currently logged on using the name, and when one of us starts a battle, we both get involved in it and are able to control each other's teams. It's rather odd.
  11. akela

akela

There is an issue in Balanced Hackmons. I know that Wonder Guard is banned on every pokemon except Shedinja. This is not the issue. Huge Power is not allowed on Azurill, Marill, or Azumarill. Likewise, Pure Power is not allowed on Meditite or Medicham. Seeing as how Shedinja is able to use abilities it naturally has in Balanced Hackmons, I would think that Azurill, Marill, Azumarill, Meditite, and Medicham would be able to do the same.

It think the issue might be with how Shedinja only has 1 ability it can naturally have whereas the other mentioned pokemon have alternative abilities to choose from. The coding might just banned the one ability unless it is the only ability it can naturally have.
  12. Michael1991

Michael1991

I haven't been able to use shedinja with wonder guard; I don't think it's an exception. If it's working for you, that's strange since it's only working for some people as it won't work when I try it.
  13. Marty D

Marty D Bug Catcher
    is a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

Was this for you or your opponent? I know that on mouseover the opponent's Pokemon will still claim to have Mummy after switching out and back in, but that's purely a graphical quirk; the Ability does revert.

I tested this in-game and even if there is no target for the first use of a Choice-locked move, that Pokemon will be forced to choose that move again.
  14. SonOfCarl

SonOfCarl

Anyone else not able to get on the servers?
  15. TrueSoprano

TrueSoprano

I get disconnected every time I log in.
  16. vielIeis

vielIeis

same for me here. Server down?
  17. Smaug

Smaug

So it would seem.
  18. IFailAtPokemon

IFailAtPokemon

Zarel is working on the server, I heard.
  19. Slim Slendy

Slim Slendy

How about we all read the damned thread before posting.

The server is down, Zarel is working on it. Do not freak out.

Sorry for minimodding, but seriously...five posts in a row asking the same question.
  20. Antar

Antar Self-anointed Czar of LC UU
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributor
    Official Data Miner

21. Zarel

Zarel Not a Yuyuko fan
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
    Creator of PS

No, it's not. Wonder Guard is banned on Shedinja, too. I don't do complex bans if I can help it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)