Pokemon Unfit for UU Analyses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Pokemon that would be viable with their DW abilities, but whose DW abilities are not released, will not get analyses until their DW abilities are released.

Introduction:

Below is a list of Pokemon that Will Not get an UU analysis. You may argue for a Pokemon on the list to get an analysis, but your argument must be very comprehensive. I haven't listed NFEs yet, but I might add one later so that I don't get hammered with constant arguments concerning them.

Absol
Ampharos
Arbok
Ariados
Armaldo
Articuno
Audino
Banette
Basculin
Bastiodon
Beartic
Beautifly
Beedrill
Beheeyem
Bellossom
Bibarel
Butterfree
Camerupt
Carnivine
Castform
Chatot
Cherrim
Chimecho
Cinccino
Clamperl
Cottonee
Corsola
Delcatty
Delibird
Dewgong
Ditto
Dodrio
Dunsparce
Dustox
Electrode
Emolga
Exploud
Farfetch'd
Fearow
Flareon
Furret
Garbodor
Gardevoir
Gigalith
Girafarig
Glaceon
Glalie
Golduck
Golem
Gothitelle
Granbull
Grumpig
Heatmor
Hitmonchan
Hypno
Illumise
Kecleon
Kingler
Klingklang
Kricketune
Lapras
Leafeon
Leavanny
Ledian
Liepard
Linoone
Lopbunny
Lumineon
Lunatone
Luvdisc
Luxray
Magcargo
Mantine
Maractus
Marowak
Masquerain
Mawile
Meganium
Mightyena
Minun
Mothim
Mr. Mime
Muk
Musharna
Noctowl
Octillery
Pachirisu
Parasect
Pelipper
Persian
Phione
Pidgeot
Pikachu
Plusle
Primeape
Probopass
Purugly
Rampardos
Rapidash
Raticate
Regice
Regigigas
Relicanth
Rhydon
Sandslash
Seaking
Seismitoad
Serperior
Seviper
Shedinja
Shuckle
Simisage
Simisear
Skuntank
Slaking
Solrock
Spinda
Stantler
Stunfisk
Sudowoodo
Sunflora
Swalot
Swanna
Swoobat
Torkoal
Torterra
Trapinch
Tropius
Typhlosion
Unfezant
Unown
Vanilluxe
Vespiquen
Vileplume
Wailord
Watchog
Whiscash
Wigglytuff
Wormadam all formes
Zangoose
Zebstrika

This is NOT the Reservations thread. That one is located here.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'd like to nominate Venomoth to be added to the list. There was a saying in UU that "Venomoth trolls the ladder," and I think this is certainly true. Whever I used Venomoth, it was always a key threat of every game, and it was rare that the opponent had any real answers to it.

Sleep Powder + Quiver Dance + Baton Pass is a lethal combination, and would be on pretty much any Pokemon. Whenever you see a Venomoth, you pretty much know exactly what's coming-- but there's not a whole lot you can do about it!

Tinted Lens and workable special sweeping stats make Venomoth even more lethal-- it doesn't need to pass, and has awesome coverage and power in just 1 move, which makes it threatening even when all its other moves are non-offensive. Much like Breloom in OU, all Venomoth needs is that there be a reasonable population of Slower Pokemon present for it to set up on, and then it goes to work.

Even from a typing aspect, Venomoth is good-- despite its lackluster defenses, it can switch into all the common grass, bug and fighting attacks of UU. Also, UU's high frequency of Psychic Pokemon makes Venomoth's STAB more lethal.

What makes Venomoth truly terrifying is the very presence of Nidoking, which is essentially a perfect passing partner, with awesome coverage, power, reasonable bulk and speed and an immunity to Thunderwave. Nidoking would be nowhere near as scary in the meta if it weren't for Venomoth.

With all the above factors in mind, I'd like to suggest Venomoth be added to the list (and I've already posted saying I want to write it in the reserve thread :P).

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I would like nominate Galvantula on the list. with sun banned, he can spam 91% accuracte thunders, that with a life orb do more than specs jolteon tbolt. he is also white fast and hits the many bulky waters, as well as the ever so gay, suicune

his offensive stab combo is extremely high with the only a small amount of uu threats walling this stab combo

if this is accepted, i would accept giving up my Deoxys defense analysis for galvantula

first controversial post ever

EDIT: Never mind about Tornadus it hasn't officially been confirmed UU yet.

Rotom-F has BoltBlizzard and is powerful in Hail. It's also bulky, and can spread burn alongside Pain Split.

Since Drought has been banned, I'm wondering if Tangrowth and other Chlorophyll sweepers should be on the list.

Hippopotas summons Sandstorm, and is actually quite bulky with Evolite. Roar and Slack Off help too.

Shouldn't the UU tiered Pokemon automatically be top priority? Hippopotas and Ambipom are the only ones missing, I think. As for others, I'm surprised Cresselia, Gallade, PorygonZ and especially Rhyperior aren't on the list, and I agree with Venomoth. Also I'll question the importance of Sawsbuck and Charizard now that Drought is banned, but if Charizard stays, Moltres should probably be there too.

Tornadus isn't on the list somehow. It was dropped down to UU as of the May statistics. I think it's usage in OU speaks for itself (i.e. Prankster Taunt and powerful Hurricane)
It's still OU, tiers are only updated every 3 months and the cutoff isn't the same number every time

Moo

Professor
is an Artist Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Miltank should be on the list. It has great stats and a wide movepool. Miltank can provide support with Stealth Rock, Thunder Wave and Heal Bell, or be offensive with Curse. (Which only needs one attack thanks to Scrappy) Sap Sipper is pretty cool, and makes it immune to Sleep Powder as well as raising its attack. It's also the fastest cow I've ever seen with a massive Base 100 speed (msasive for a cow, lol).

Please Free Miltank!!!

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
All the Rotom forms should get an analysis in my opinion. They all have the same stats and almost identical movepool. Even normal Rotom should get an analysis, it is actually quite a decent Pokemon.

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i would also like to recommend gligar. with the evolite, he is an amazing physical wall, being statistically higher tan gliscor. he takes a mere 7% from adamant max attack heracross close combat. also in sand with hippotas, he has sand viel which we all know and love

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Tbh I mostly just c/p'd this list from the threat list that Dracoyoshi started. I knew that some important ones were going to be missing, so that was to be expected. OK here are the ones added to the list:

Gligar
Rotom Formes
Hippopotas
Ambipom
Gallade
Cresselia
Rhyperior
Porygon-Z
Venomoth
Moltres
Stoutland
Alakazam

Tangrowth, Sawsbuck, Charizard, and Lilligant will remain on the list for now and will get an analysis. Tangrowth because he is still a bulky mofo, and the latter three because Sunny Day still exists, and the three are still pretty damn threatening with the proper support. Also, Lilligant still has Quiver Dance, which in and of itself deserves an analysis imo.

EDIT: I didn't add Miltank because Chansey > Miltank. And I didn't add Galvantula because I tried it myself and it's pretty underwhelming tbh.

Moo

Professor
is an Artist Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Chansey cant run Curse or Choice Band sets, its much more one dimensional. And slow. :(

Oglemi

Borf
I realize that Miltank can run more interesting sets, but there are so many better Pokemon atm, that there really isn't any reason to use Miltank (especially now that needing to tank a Sunny Day-boosted V-Create is less needed).

If you can provide some logs of Miltank in action, then maybe I'd reconsider. But, honestly, the time worth doing so would be better spent working on an analysis of one of the Pokemon on the priority list.

Moo

Professor
Ok, I'll get logs. It may seem wierd, but I really love miltank

Edit: Fuck it, I'll do something else. Miltank can wait.

Scyther should be added. It has enough attack and bulk to run either a choice band set or a bulky SD set, and good resistances to fighting and bug, as well as its odd base speed lets it check a significant portion of the most used UU pokemon.

Golurk also needs to be up there. The subpunch set is extremely effective, and free subs against pokemon like Chansey, Hitmontop, and Heracross makes Golurk a good stallbreaker. Blocking rapid spin is just icing.

elDino

Deal With It.
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You are named after a cow Mooo...
I wonder why?

On a more serious note, Scyther may be worthy of an analysis, due to its great speed and attack etc.

Edit: ninja'd

Druddigon, it has a powerful 120 attack, defences of 77/90/90, an interesting an wide movepool. It can't set up Trick Room but it works well in it and with all of the Trick Room users in UU, I can see it abusing it with its base 48 speed.

No Regirock? With Hippopotas, it can be a devastating tank on both sides which Hippopotas can do...it's still a great Curse user in Sandstorm.

As Eelektross is already on this list, I'd like to suggest Electivire. Electivire has higher attack and speed, a better physical movepool, and Motor Drive can be really useful. I'm not saying that Eelektross is outclassed, as it has higher special attack, Coil and Levitate, but Electivire should be on this list as well.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Simipour is notable for it's Nasty Plot set, which can be a deceptively dangerous threat to go against one it does get the boost. It has access to three good coverage moves, and being placed in an odd Speed tier gives it an advantage over base 100's such as Staraptor and Celebi. It was QC rejected for an OU analysis, so I'm pretty sure if it was approved once in the "Unfit for OU" thread, it can be threatening in UU, and thus deserves priority. 3DOstrich is currently in charge of the now-locked Simipour analysis.

Oglemi

Borf
Simipour - While I don't doubt this can be dangerous, I question if it's any more dangerous than the other Nasty Plotters in the priority list right now (which it probably isn't). I can't stress enough that this is just a priority list. This list doesn't mean that Simipour will never get an analysis, I can tell you now it will. Just not right now.

Combusken - lol no. Too fragile even with Eviolite, and its offenses are hilariously weak.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Well, okay. If it's a priority for other competitors, I already understand perfectly.

On the other hand, what about Arcanine? It was a popular offensive threat in last generation's UU, and it helps that sunlight still exists despite the Drought ban in V.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)