1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokemon Unfit for UU Analyses

Discussion in 'Locked / Outdated Analyses' started by Oglemi, Jun 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oglemi

Oglemi gimme
    is a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris an Administratoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    C&C Leader

Pokemon that would be viable with their DW abilities, but whose DW abilities are not released, will not get analyses until their DW abilities are released.

Introduction:

Below is a list of Pokemon that Will Not get an UU analysis. You may argue for a Pokemon on the list to get an analysis, but your argument must be very comprehensive. I haven't listed NFEs yet, but I might add one later so that I don't get hammered with constant arguments concerning them.

Show Hide

Absol
    Ampharos
    Arbok
    Ariados
    Armaldo
    Articuno
    Audino
    Banette
    Basculin
    Bastiodon
    Beartic
    Beautifly
    Beedrill
    Beheeyem
    Bellossom
    Bibarel
    Butterfree
    Camerupt
    Carnivine
    Castform
    Chatot
    Cherrim
    Chimecho
    Cinccino
    Clamperl
    Cottonee
    Corsola
    Delcatty
    Delibird
    Dewgong
    Ditto
    Dodrio
    Dunsparce
    Dustox
    Electrode
    Emolga
    Exploud
    Farfetch'd
    Fearow
    Flareon
    Furret
    Garbodor
    Gardevoir
    Gigalith
    Girafarig
    Glaceon
    Glalie
    Golduck
    Golem
    Gothitelle
    Granbull
    Grumpig
    Heatmor
    Hitmonchan
    Hypno
    Illumise
    Kecleon
    Kingler
    Klingklang
    Kricketune
    Lapras
    Leafeon
    Leavanny
    Ledian
    Liepard
    Linoone
    Lopbunny
    Lumineon
    Lunatone
    Luvdisc
    Luxray
    Magcargo
    Mantine
    Maractus
    Marowak
    Masquerain
    Mawile
    Meganium
    Mightyena
    Minun
    Mothim
    Mr. Mime
    Muk
    Musharna
    Noctowl
    Octillery
    Pachirisu
    Parasect
    Pelipper
    Persian
    Phione
    Pidgeot
    Pikachu
    Plusle
    Primeape
    Probopass
    Purugly
    Rampardos
    Rapidash
    Raticate
    Regice
    Regigigas
    Relicanth
    Rhydon
    Sandslash
    Seaking
    Seismitoad
    Serperior
    Seviper
    Shedinja
    Shuckle
    Simisage
    Simisear
    Skuntank
    Slaking
    Solrock
    Spinda
    Stantler
    Stunfisk
    Sudowoodo
    Sunflora
    Swalot
    Swanna
    Swoobat
    Torkoal
    Torterra
    Trapinch
    Tropius
    Typhlosion
    Unfezant
    Unown
    Vanilluxe
    Vespiquen
    Vileplume
    Wailord
    Watchog
    Whiscash
    Wigglytuff
    Wormadam all formes
    Zangoose
    Zebstrika

This is NOT the Reservations thread. That one is located here.
  2. Chou Toshio

Chou Toshio @Fighting Necktie
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I'd like to nominate Venomoth to be added to the list. There was a saying in UU that "Venomoth trolls the ladder," and I think this is certainly true. Whever I used Venomoth, it was always a key threat of every game, and it was rare that the opponent had any real answers to it.

Sleep Powder + Quiver Dance + Baton Pass is a lethal combination, and would be on pretty much any Pokemon. Whenever you see a Venomoth, you pretty much know exactly what's coming-- but there's not a whole lot you can do about it!

Tinted Lens and workable special sweeping stats make Venomoth even more lethal-- it doesn't need to pass, and has awesome coverage and power in just 1 move, which makes it threatening even when all its other moves are non-offensive. Much like Breloom in OU, all Venomoth needs is that there be a reasonable population of Slower Pokemon present for it to set up on, and then it goes to work.

Even from a typing aspect, Venomoth is good-- despite its lackluster defenses, it can switch into all the common grass, bug and fighting attacks of UU. Also, UU's high frequency of Psychic Pokemon makes Venomoth's STAB more lethal.

What makes Venomoth truly terrifying is the very presence of Nidoking, which is essentially a perfect passing partner, with awesome coverage, power, reasonable bulk and speed and an immunity to Thunderwave. Nidoking would be nowhere near as scary in the meta if it weren't for Venomoth.

With all the above factors in mind, I'd like to suggest Venomoth be added to the list (and I've already posted saying I want to write it in the reserve thread :P).
  3. prem

prem failed abortion
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator

I would like nominate Galvantula on the list. with sun banned, he can spam 91% accuracte thunders, that with a life orb do more than specs jolteon tbolt. he is also white fast and hits the many bulky waters, as well as the ever so gay, suicune

his offensive stab combo is extremely high with the only a small amount of uu threats walling this stab combo

if this is accepted, i would accept giving up my Deoxys defense analysis for galvantula
  4. Mind Controller

Mind Controller

first controversial post ever

EDIT: Never mind about Tornadus it hasn't officially been confirmed UU yet.

Rotom-F has BoltBlizzard and is powerful in Hail. It's also bulky, and can spread burn alongside Pain Split.

Since Drought has been banned, I'm wondering if Tangrowth and other Chlorophyll sweepers should be on the list.

Hippopotas summons Sandstorm, and is actually quite bulky with Evolite. Roar and Slack Off help too.
  5. Erebyssial

Erebyssial

Shouldn't the UU tiered Pokemon automatically be top priority? Hippopotas and Ambipom are the only ones missing, I think. As for others, I'm surprised Cresselia, Gallade, PorygonZ and especially Rhyperior aren't on the list, and I agree with Venomoth. Also I'll question the importance of Sawsbuck and Charizard now that Drought is banned, but if Charizard stays, Moltres should probably be there too.

It's still OU, tiers are only updated every 3 months and the cutoff isn't the same number every time
  6. Moo

Moo Professor
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Miltank should be on the list. It has great stats and a wide movepool. Miltank can provide support with Stealth Rock, Thunder Wave and Heal Bell, or be offensive with Curse. (Which only needs one attack thanks to Scrappy) Sap Sipper is pretty cool, and makes it immune to Sleep Powder as well as raising its attack. It's also the fastest cow I've ever seen with a massive Base 100 speed (msasive for a cow, lol).

Please Free Miltank!!!
  7. shrang

shrang Go to your room
    is a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderatoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

All the Rotom forms should get an analysis in my opinion. They all have the same stats and almost identical movepool. Even normal Rotom should get an analysis, it is actually quite a decent Pokemon.
  8. Venser

Venser

Seconding Hippopotas, it's surprisingly bulky and has decent support moves to boot.
  9. prem

prem failed abortion
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator

i would also like to recommend gligar. with the evolite, he is an amazing physical wall, being statistically higher tan gliscor. he takes a mere 7% from adamant max attack heracross close combat. also in sand with hippotas, he has sand viel which we all know and love
  10. Oglemi

Oglemi gimme
    is a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris an Administratoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    C&C Leader

Tbh I mostly just c/p'd this list from the threat list that Dracoyoshi started. I knew that some important ones were going to be missing, so that was to be expected. OK here are the ones added to the list:

Gligar
    Rotom Formes
    Hippopotas
    Ambipom
    Gallade
    Cresselia
    Rhyperior
    Porygon-Z
    Venomoth
    Moltres
    Stoutland
    Alakazam

Tangrowth, Sawsbuck, Charizard, and Lilligant will remain on the list for now and will get an analysis. Tangrowth because he is still a bulky mofo, and the latter three because Sunny Day still exists, and the three are still pretty damn threatening with the proper support. Also, Lilligant still has Quiver Dance, which in and of itself deserves an analysis imo.

EDIT: I didn't add Miltank because Chansey > Miltank. And I didn't add Galvantula because I tried it myself and it's pretty underwhelming tbh.
  11. Moo

Moo Professor
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Chansey cant run Curse or Choice Band sets, its much more one dimensional. And slow. :(
  12. Oglemi

Oglemi gimme
    C&C Leader

I realize that Miltank can run more interesting sets, but there are so many better Pokemon atm, that there really isn't any reason to use Miltank (especially now that needing to tank a Sunny Day-boosted V-Create is less needed).

If you can provide some logs of Miltank in action, then maybe I'd reconsider. But, honestly, the time worth doing so would be better spent working on an analysis of one of the Pokemon on the priority list.
  13. Moo

Moo Professor

Ok, I'll get logs. It may seem wierd, but I really love miltank

Edit: Fuck it, I'll do something else. Miltank can wait.
  14. Snunch

Snunch
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 8th Official Smogon Tournament

Scyther should be added. It has enough attack and bulk to run either a choice band set or a bulky SD set, and good resistances to fighting and bug, as well as its odd base speed lets it check a significant portion of the most used UU pokemon.

Golurk also needs to be up there. The subpunch set is extremely effective, and free subs against pokemon like Chansey, Hitmontop, and Heracross makes Golurk a good stallbreaker. Blocking rapid spin is just icing.
  15. elDino

elDino Deal With It.
    is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

You are named after a cow Mooo...
    I wonder why?

On a more serious note, Scyther may be worthy of an analysis, due to its great speed and attack etc.

Edit: ninja'd
  16. Moo

Moo Professor

durrrr

Um, Suicune should be on the list because it's Suicune and it's like no 18 in usage.

(mine if it goes well)
  17. Oglemi

Oglemi gimme
    C&C Leader

K Snunch added those.

Also mooo Suicune is already there.
  18. Moo

Moo Professor

lol my bad
  19. ParaChomp

ParaChomp

Druddigon, it has a powerful 120 attack, defences of 77/90/90, an interesting an wide movepool. It can't set up Trick Room but it works well in it and with all of the Trick Room users in UU, I can see it abusing it with its base 48 speed.

No Regirock? With Hippopotas, it can be a devastating tank on both sides which Hippopotas can do...it's still a great Curse user in Sandstorm.
  20. Omicron

Omicron
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Regirock is somewhat outclassed by Registeel and it has 5 weaknesses...
  21. oizo 06

oizo 06

As Eelektross is already on this list, I'd like to suggest Electivire. Electivire has higher attack and speed, a better physical movepool, and Motor Drive can be really useful. I'm not saying that Eelektross is outclassed, as it has higher special attack, Coil and Levitate, but Electivire should be on this list as well.
  22. AccidentalGreed

AccidentalGreed HOMERUN, CABRONES
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

Simipour is notable for it's Nasty Plot set, which can be a deceptively dangerous threat to go against one it does get the boost. It has access to three good coverage moves, and being placed in an odd Speed tier gives it an advantage over base 100's such as Staraptor and Celebi. It was QC rejected for an OU analysis, so I'm pretty sure if it was approved once in the "Unfit for OU" thread, it can be threatening in UU, and thus deserves priority. 3DOstrich is currently in charge of the now-locked Simipour analysis.
  23. ParaChomp

ParaChomp

Thought so. Combusken (I don't need to explain myself)?
  24. Oglemi

Oglemi gimme
    C&C Leader

Simipour - While I don't doubt this can be dangerous, I question if it's any more dangerous than the other Nasty Plotters in the priority list right now (which it probably isn't). I can't stress enough that this is just a priority list. This list doesn't mean that Simipour will never get an analysis, I can tell you now it will. Just not right now.

Combusken - lol no. Too fragile even with Eviolite, and its offenses are hilariously weak.
  25. AccidentalGreed

AccidentalGreed HOMERUN, CABRONES
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

Well, okay. If it's a priority for other competitors, I already understand perfectly.

On the other hand, what about Arcanine? It was a popular offensive threat in last generation's UU, and it helps that sunlight still exists despite the Drought ban in V.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)