Pokemon Unfit for UU Analyses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
So can any other Psychic-type from Hypno and Grumpig to Chimecho. Doesn't mean I'll let them get an analysis atm.

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Cofagrigus? Amazing bulk, great ability, Calm Mind. With its ability, Slaking comes to mind.
lol the slaking nonsense could probably work pretty well in UU when i think about it. the only common mach puncher is hitmontop who wont deal enough damage to matter probably

I'm a pretty bad player but I used CB Aggron on a Trick Room team and it hits amazingly hard. Granted, the only move that I ever really used was Head Smash, but it's very difficult to take that hit. I will say that it's likely outclassed by Rhyperior (though it too suffers from a myriad of weaknesses), but Steel typing and naturally impressive Defense helps it a bit.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Yeah I'm not saying that neither Aggron nor Cofragrigus are bad, just not good enough to warrant an analysis atm.

Anyway after talking on IRC I'm adding Hariyama to the list

EDIT: Also Kabutops and Omastar

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Cofagrigus got a lot of usage at the beginning of the meta... well we'll see how it fares this round.

I'm going to back Oglemi on Jinx being pretty underwhelming. No for now really...

I saw maybe 1 or 2 Aggron in an entire round of play so, :/ Escavalier, Cobalion and Rhyperior do it better basically.

Blastoise is awesome.

edit: On the subject of Bulky Water types, Poliwrath should probably get an analysis (though it's not a MAJOR UU Poke, it's pretty good-- about the same level of usefulness as something like Scollipede). It's Circle Throw hits way harder than Blastoise's Dragon Tail, and makes is a real threat to many teams. It's resistances to Dark, Bug, Steel, Fire, Ice and Water Absorb give it great resistances in the meta, letting it switch in frequently and spam its STAB Phaze attack. It's an almost complete stop to Escavalier, Bisharp, Heracross, Cobalion, Snorlax, Houndoom, and further checks Arcanine, Victini, Mamoswine and fellow bulky water-types like Suicune. RestTalk + Circle Throw + Filler is the best set, but it can run a support set with Circle Throw, Toxic, + 2 attacks.

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
in lieu of poliwrath, how about throh with its massive defenses? i havent personally tried it, so im not going to vouch for it though

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What makes Poliwrath good though is its useful resistances, because added resistances to Fire, Ice and Steel are huge in UU.

I've talked to Oglemi more though and we're going to hold off on Poliwrath for now. It does stuff, but it's not quite "there."

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
What about Lanturn? Even though its stats aren't the greatest, it has an excellent movepool and can provide its team with an invaluable Heal Bell. It gets great coverage with Ice / Electric / Water and can run a variety of sets. It's essentially the Rotom-W of UU without as much bulk.

Oglemi

Borf
I haven't seen a single Lanturn thus far, and tbh, I've always found its tanking abilities slightly underwhelming. There's just too much stuff that's better than it atm (Empoleon, Suicune, Chansey, Slowking) that it's not worth doing right now.

And if it was the Rotom-W of UU, it'd be fucking everywhere believe you me.

I think Hitmonlee could be added. Sure it has -5 points in atk than Gallade; but is 7 points faster and has acess to arguably better priority moves (Mach punch/Sucker Punch).

A life orb revenge killer or even a scarf set outspeeding things that gallade and heracross can't could be considered too.

Finally, it got the improved Hi Jump Kick, which if I'm not mistaken, got the Reckless Boost. Something that differs him even more from Gallade and Heracross.

Oglemi

Borf
Hitmontop is infinitely better than Hitmonlee. Hitmonlee is just too frail for this metagame and really isn't that good. Sure he has some perks over Heracross for a choice set, but Heracross ultimately does it better.

I think Gastrodon deserves an analysis for a number of reasons. Gastrodon is simply an excellent check to Victini, Arcanine, Zapdos and Nidoking . A 252 HP / 124 Def / 76 SpA / 56 SpD Modest spread with Leftovers is never 2HKO'd by LO Victini's V-Create or Zen Headbutt, and always survives Final Gambit if it hasn't taken prior damage. LO Arcanine can't 3HKO with Flare Blitz or 2HKO with Close Combat, and with lowered defenses both are take out by Surf with certainty, unless Victini has HP investment for some reason. If it does, it's Trick Room Victini, and that could mean it's in a whole other world of trouble. Zapdos can't do shit to Gastrodon without HP Grass or Toxic, and even then HP Grass doesn't OHKO Gastrodon without a Life Orb. Nidoking can't take out Gastrodon with a combination of Ice Beam + Earth Power, so basically Gastrodon can switch in on any attack other than Earthpower and KO 100% of the time with Surf. LO Kingdra is also walled, it can't OHKO with Draco Meteor and Gastrodon can just heal off the damage. I don't think Quagsire could manage any of this so it's definitely not outclassed imo.

Storm Drain's buff also makes Gastrodon a great check to bulky Waters that lack Toxic, Protect can be used if necessary to scout for Toxic or HP Grass. Sand Force can also be used to give Gastrodon an effective base 130 attack stat when using Earthquake or Stone Edge with a max attack Curse set. And Sticky Hold as usual is useful at rebuking Trick users like Deoxys-D.

Of course, I'm not biased at all... lol.

I nominate Crustle to be added - He's the only pokemon that I know of who has Spikes AND Stealth Rock on the same set down here, plus he has Sturdy and can run Mental Herb to prevent Taunt. I've used him to great success in OU as well.
Oh yeah, and he has Shell Smash. Just saying.

Oglemi

Borf
Crustle also has a crap typing and is still pretty slow even after a Shell Smash. I haven't been impressed by one yet, and Deoxys-D gets both Spikes and Stealth Rock.

Here we go again. I'm making a case for Luxray. (Eh, if someone can bring up Combusken, then why not.)

Besides its standard wallbreaking capabilities, Luxray also got two new toys to play with: Guts and Wild Charge. It can run a pretty awesome physical set with Flame Orb, Wild Charge, and Facade.

Adamant 252 Spe Crustle can outrun positive base 120's after a Shell Smash, so it's not THAT slow..

Anyway, Cottonee? Bit hopeful, but with Eviolite it has defenses similar to Whimsicott and with lower HP has a higher % recovery every turn with Leech Seed.

I think that crobat with his super speed and having Hypnosis, Nasty Plot and Taunt in its move list is the perfect counter to Ferrothorn and Foretress. 1 Nasty Plot and thenyoou can taunt it but Crobat already has a good +450 SpA and Heat Wave in its moveset. Bye bye steel starter.

Dark pulse+1 Nasty Plot break with Taunter Azelf.

Sludge Bomb is the Stab move to complete the Sweeper moveset.

With this crobat at the begining of the battle only Blissey and priority move users can stop it

I think that crobat with his super speed and having Hypnosis, Nasty Plot and Taunt in its move list is the perfect counter to Ferrothorn and Foretress. 1 Nasty Plot and thenyoou can taunt it but Crobat already has a good +450 SpA and Heat Wave in its moveset. Bye bye steel starter.

Dark pulse+1 Nasty Plot break with Taunter Azelf.

Sludge Bomb is the Stab move to complete the Sweeper moveset.

With this crobat at the begining of the battle only Blissey and priority move users can stop it
This thread is for UU. Ferrothorn, Forretress and Blissey don't exist down here. And besides, Crobat is already on the priority list.

Oglemi

Borf
Luxray - No. Even Electivire > Luxray

Cottonee - imo Jumpluff > Cottonee, and I don't have Jumpluff on the priority list. Cottonee to me just seems too gimmicky, and while I don't doubt it can be effective, I haven't seen one used to success thus far. So, I'll hold off on it. Also Celebi happens to completely wreck Cottonee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)