Post your favorite anime

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
Ah, so many good anime series...

1. Yu Yu Hakusho (this show is a classic, excellent character and the WRITING is superb! Lots of action, and although the appearance seems dated now, it's still very good)
2. Gundam (any series but SD... good characters, stories, and giant robot fights!)
3. Ruroni Kenshin (another classic, Kenshin is a lot of fun)
4. Fate/Stay Night (Surprisingly moving story with a great premise and characters)
5. Full Metal Alchemist (Everyone seems to like this, no?)

Kinda in order, kinda not. I also enjoyed Zoids and DBZ when I watched Toonami as a kid... good times.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
-One piece, i haven't really looked into it, doesn't seem that interesting to me.
-ALL ANIME ARE WAY BETTER WITH SUBTITLES; have you heard Naruto's voice, for some reason they always choose the people with the most annoying voices in the dubs.
-Skip episodes i watched the first saga and then went to shippuden, which thankfully has no fillers whatsoever.
- One Piece is absolutely amazing

- The idea that "all anime is better with subtitles" is one of the stupidest, most childish statements spewed by people who are just getting into it. I can without a doubt say I enjoyed the FullMetal Alchemist dub better than the subs (watched it in Japanese first, then in English when I bought the DVDs). Some shows sound better in Japanese (One Piece for me), others sound better in English. It's all about the voice talent. I can understand people thinking FMA sounds better in Japanese as well.

Another part of why Japanese often sounds better is because you don't understand it making some of the ridiculous scripts these shows follow seem less corny.

- Shippuuden's 1 chapter an episode pacing is aggravating

Firestorm please there is so much better you can do than Fairy Tail. I know that might be the only type of manga you like or something, but seriously such a bad choice. Hell, as a poor mans Naruto, 666 Satan is better than Fairy Tail is as a poor mans One Piece. I am dropping it as soon as the current arc is over, that manga is nothing but people shouting excitedly and STANDING UP FOR EACH OTHER and vowing that stomping on that is like totally unforgivable!!!! You could read Yakitate Japan or something!
Yeah, I know it's probably not the best but I'm getting interested almost because it is a poor man's One Piece. I'm tempted to try it but we'll see if we get anywhere with it. I keep hearing good things about Yakitate Japan too.

Oh, and I'll be honest, I've thought of getting back into Bleach but this time the manga because it sounds hilarious. I've seen some recent chapters and goddamn you can get through that shit in 10 seconds. There's like no text and 1 - 3 panels per page.

hey Scicky just because you like it does not make it "stunning". The first part of the dialogue is BUNCHA HOT BLOODED SHIT (and some awful fanservice style conversations any time Yoko is busy ruining everything), and then later in the anime HOT BLOODED SHIT but with some whining now!! It might be fun, but objectively it is far from stunning.

Firestorm, I started just literally reading every Bleach chapter in like 30 seconds at 300 before I finally dropped it (370ish?). The lack of art detail and story detail is absurd for a "top two popular manga" (sadly Bleach/Naruto are indisputably 1/2, I am not even sure what order in the U.S.).

Feel free to read Fairy Tail, I just am starting to get really into seeing all the flaws the longer it annoys me...like honestly I would, any day of the week, recommend Rave Master over Fairy Tail now. At least it actually did SOME original things. Sorry I was rushing through my last post, thought I said One Piece/Rave Master, not just One Piece. I mean...dude made one popular series, One Piece was more popular, so he just fucking combined them.

(Though it makes me feel a little better that Rave Master was ripped off in turn as Buster Keel...woo)

I recommend Yakitate because you seem to prefer "flamboyant" style series I guess? It would probably suit you, just guessing.

Japanese dubbing is absolutely superior to the English dubbing most of the time. For instance, no matter how much you want to say "oh hey, sometimes the U.S. performances are more authentic blah blah blah," but the Japanese never butcher the fuck out of everything how English voice actors do. Cowboy Bebop is the most tolerable English dub I have heard, except that Ed has a horrendous English voice acting. That does seriously make the English version "unwatchable" for me, and similar reasons like this occur in most series. I can already tell we are going to implacably agree, but I am on his side and I have watched a lot of anime!

I'm with Reyscarface. Excellent anime or not, Bleach is a blast. I've enjoyed everything up to now but the second arc. "Coming-of-age animes are crap blargh blah," I see it more as brainless entertainment.

I've watched Elfen Lied because someone was raving about it in the shoddy chat, that was a pretty ruthless (and good) one. "Lilium" has my vote for nicest opening theme ever.

I watch more animated movies than shows, so I'm running out of post here...

I can't even imagine watching Cowboy Bebop subbed, especially because Steve Blum owns
Call me crazy, but I think the English dubs beat the original ones in this case. Cowboy Bebop owns in general, I've watched my box set at least twenty times. Remember the theme from episode five, "Ballad of Fallen Angels" when Spike was falling from the church window? That Latin choir still sends chills down my spine.

Well I've watched my fair share of anime, and plan on expanding my horizons further still.

1. One Piece: The filler episodes are usually crap and there has been a lot of stalling lately, but overall this is my favorite anime. I love how erratic and original the series is. Pirates, FTW!
2. Code Geass + R2: This is probably the best strategy anime I've seen so far. Its like Death Note but with a 'good/better' ending. If you haven't watched this, I'd highly recomend it. Two seasons 24 episodes a piece, english or subbed. Its also got 'gundams' and thats always an added bonus.
3. FMA: Yeah this thing kicked ass, and the OVA's were excellent and expounded upon the universe of the show. Good both in english and japanese. I'm waiting for FMA Brotherhood to finish so i can spam it in two days.
4. Mobile Suit Gundam 00: Sunrise's most recent Gundam series. I really liked the art style and thought the plot was very well done, if a bit cliche. I'd also recommend this one.
5. Darker than Black: This show is a bit more disorienting if you don't pay close attention. It has excellent english dubs as well as subs. Very deep and somewhat 'moral' oriented.
6. Romeo x Juliet: I watched this after studying Shakespeare in class and thought it did an excellent job of retelling the story with a twist.
7. Death Note: All the twists and turns in the plot was quite engrossing, but the series went downhill towards the end.
8. TTGL: This show is the shit, and a great inspirational one at that. The art style is really cool if erratic. I'd recommend this one for sure.
9. .hack: This show is great if you like a lot of conversing and less action. Well thought out and written.
10. I'll save this spot for now. I'm currently watching several really good animes and will decide after that.

Honorable Mentions: K-on, DBZ, Helsing, Ghost in the Shell, Evangelion, Avatar, Cowboy Bebop, Soul Eater, Outlaw Star.

Also, as One Piece is ongoing, I have declined to begin any of the other ongoing anime shows, namely Bleach, Naruto or anything DBZ related.

1. Naruto
2. Cowboy Bebop
3. Eureka 7
4. Death Note
5. Toradora!

Other anime that I dont feel like sorting:
Beck, Haruhi, DBZ,

I love naruto, after I watched the first arc with the battle on the bridge with Zabuza, (which is actually still my favorite fight in the series), I was hooked. From fights like Neji vs that spider guy, the pain fight, Team 10 vs Hidan and kakazu, and a many other fights, I just love this show. Of course its not only the fights, the story is something I love as well.

Cowboy Bebop- Legendary fucking show, I actually might put this ahead of naruto depending on how it ends.

Eureka 7 - Such a new and novel setting, story, and characters, with the emotion of some of the great animes, as well as the comic relief, this series is just fucking amazing.

Deathnote - Its just damn good.

Toradora - One of the best Romances I've watched, I don't know why but I love this anime.

1) The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. My all time favourite. It's just so funny and sweet. It just appeals to me so much, and I love the parody tropes of it all. It's quite cleverly constructed, and I didn't even hate the Endless Eight cycle, though I think the point could have been made in five.

2) Cowboy Bebop. The best serious anime I've seen, and I'd say probably the best complete work there is. Llama, the ending is excellent.

3) Neon Genesis Evangelion. Total classic. I think the "cinematography" was really good. I loved the style.

The other series and movies I have enjoyed are:
- Code Geass
- Akira
- Fullmetal Alchemist (original)
- Hellsing (New OVA)
- Ouran High School Host Club
- Black Cat
- Death Note, before it got ridiculous
- Trigun

man

Every time I try to write something clever

defending the anime I like

bashing the anime I don't like as much

reprimanding people for bashing the anime I like

I find myself wondering if it will do any good. And the answer is no because this is the internet and people are going to call me a (BAN ME PLEASE) no matter what I say.

So I propose that we stop arguing over what's objectively good versus what's subjectively popular and instead make this a thread for recommending anime that we have watched and liked. Because no one has watched them all, not even me. And I honestly don't care if people don't like Eureka Seven because the last episode made me cry. Both times I finished the series.

*note: no one has bashed Eureka Seven yet but I figured someone would have to eventually so I preemptively defended myself from attack

EDIT: :( ˇˇˇˇ

2) Cowboy Bebop. The best serious anime I've seen, and I'd say probably the best complete work there is. Llama, the ending is excellent.
Yeah I finished Cowboy Bebop sometime ago, probably the best ending in an anime ever. I was referring to how good Naruto's ending will be.

kissxsis: i just started it but it's actually one, if not the only, ecchi i actually like, it actually makes me laugh sometimes, wich is rare in anime for me... or maybe i haven't found a GOOD comedy anime.

Naruto doesn't end.... It's an ongoing serial, like DBZ or Bleach.
He meant when it DOES it will be great, and dbz was over YEARS ago, and the new one is the same but they actually fight in 2-3 episode base, so it's just faster.

And it's pretty obvious how it will end, or easy to imagine, either naruto becomes hokage after killing the ten-tails with sasuke and he dies, or the reverse, but we all know one of them dies.

I recently finished Fullmetal Alchemist (Brotherhood), and it is definitely in my top 3 list.

I am currently watching Naruto, Bleach and Gundam 00 (almost done). Naruto is one of my favorite series, Bleach was awesome until episode 63 and then went down a notch. Both suffer from pacing problems, but that is to be expected (even though the pacing of Bleach has been the worst and the timing of the fillers has been horrible). Gundam 00 has been cool so far and has excellent pacing (maybe a bit fast!), unlike Gundam SEED, which I liked but found a bit slow.

Some of my already watched favorites are Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, Code Geass, Rurouni Kenshin (read the manga as well), Gundam Wing, Trigun, Blood+, Death Note and Whistle! (soccer anime I really enjoyed when I played soccer and where my nickname comes from, heheh). Tales of the Abyss anime was good too and a successful game-to-anime series (which happens like, never). I watched Tsubasa Chronicles, which at least got me hooked to the manga and had an incredible musical score (unfortunately the anime adaptation deviated a lot from the manga and was never finished).

One Piece is in my "to watch" list and will hopefully begin watching it soon, since I have heard really good things about it. I began to read Black Cat, which seems pretty cool so far. I need to finally sit down and watch Cowboy Bebop, since I have only watched random episodes on tv.

1. Fullmetal Alchemist: Simply Amazing.
2. One Piece: It's funny and Ruffy is the best!
3. Naruto Shippuuden: Nice Anime, I like Ninjas. But sometimes filler episodes are very annoying.

Naruto doesn't end.... It's an ongoing serial, like DBZ or Bleach.
I was referring to how good Naruto's ending will be.
I mean come on man, do you take me as a retard? I put Naruto as my favorite, I kind of know its ongoing. However when Naruto does end then I will judge both finished series (CB and Naruto) to see which is better.

EDIT: Didn't see cayr's post above, but yeah I agree with you on the ending.

B GATA H KEI is legendary
b sex cup h kei is always amazing

1. Azumanga Daioh (one of the few animu's that can get me to laugh multiple times per episode, but then again Azu is the best slice of life animu so yeah)
2. Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's (hey look a magical girl show that has good action in every episode, a good plot, and EXPLOSIONS and white devils and befriending and EXPLOSIONS and starlight breakers and a badass main character in Nanoha)
3. Evangelion 2.22: You Can (Not) Advance (Yes, Eva is a bunch of religious made up bullshit towards the end, but Eva 2.22 showed that
Shinji can be a man if he needs to, Shinji's love can save the day, Kaworu can be a troll if he needs to, Gendo has the best glasses, Asuka sucks more than you think, Mari will be a main character, etc.

Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni (When the Cicadas Cry)

It's got a good story, isn't lengthy and is just plain out insane.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)