Professor Baobab's Field Guide

Hello everyone!

I want to start by saying that I hope this is the right place to post such work. Second, I hope that you enjoy the work as much as I have creating it. I welcome all comments and will try to answer any questions asked within a timely manner. I will start by posting a selection of pages (10) and continue from there. As to not flood the forum or at least this thread with tons of images, I will try to post 10 more pages/pieces throughout the week in this thread until caught up with my current guide. If any of you should feel the need to see more immediately, you can find the complete work at my DeviantArt. enjoy.

This is my Professor's (Baobab) guide. I currently have a total of 32 and am working on more. ;D Feel free to share the links or my website with your friends. Have a great night and I hope to hear from you soon.

Oh man, this stuff is awesome. Two questions.

1. Will you update frequently?

2. What program and tools are you using?

That is so cool! I actually hate the simis in-game, but you made them look amazing! If only they looked that badass in the actual franchise, I would have had so much more respect for the first BW gym.

The Zebstrika is great, too!

Ohhhh who am I kidding? It's all incredibly cool. I love how you've taken on the role of the naturalist here, and your art looks like field entries. You're definitely one of my favorites now :)

Oh man, this stuff is awesome. Two questions.

1. Will you update frequently?

2. What program and tools are you using?
1. Simply put, yes. I didn't want to flood the opening thread and I figured that if I released the content in two to three posts, it would not only give you guys the oppurtunity to enjoy each piece but not overwhelm the community with a single post of 28 pages. Hopefully the thread will have some continued conversation and these six pages will be talked about over the next day or two. We'll go from there. Most likely 3 posts with 9-10 pages each.

2. I have a 27" iMac i7 Quad-Core with Photoshop CS3 (I don't have enough to drop $1600 on 4 or 5 yet) with that, I use a Wacom Tablet and most pages are drawn first in pencil on paper. I currently have a Moleskine sketch book that I carry with me and use a simple #2 pencil and scanner.

Those are a couple of pages from my sketch book. Maybe it will give you an idea of the beginning of the process anyway. I hope that helps!

This is absolutely amazing. I swear I've seen this in Pokememes.
My project has been featured on several sites. Some of you may be familiar with the work because of this. It's also been tagged and reposted by different people (many of whom I am unaware). Though it's been featured elsewhere, I think this is a great place to share my work and have a constructive conversation about current and future pages. Not to mention I've always wanted to draw some things for "The Smog"!

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
haha wow these are pretty brilliant, including the ones on your dev

feel free to post your non-pokemon work as well considering its also very good; lets hope you stick around our humble abode for a while

I'll post some of the DA ones here so that they are collectively in one space. I just wanted to spread them out. I have a lot of cool stuff not on either of these pages including an awesome cartoon a friend and I are currently developing. We have 3 episodes written and are in stages of Story Boarding. It's titled, "Fable Files", a documentary style look at fables from the point-of-view of the antagonist turned protaganist.

I'll definately stick around. I just hope that I can produce and create some really cool pieces that can compare to the awesome stuff you guys are doing. I appreciate all the great compliments. I was going to hold off on the other pages but it seems people will just go to the off site addresses. So give me a bit and I'll try to set that up. A quick question. Since 28 pages will take forever to scroll through, how do I add the "Hide" tag to the images to collapse them?

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Wow. I just love your twist on the standard. Also, you can label your hide tags
[/hide.]. right now it's sort of counter intuitive since the Pokemon name is below the picture.

That hippowdon..... You made me love hippowdon man.
That is so cool! I actually hate the simis in-game, but you made them look amazing! If only they looked that badass in the actual franchise, I would have had so much more respect for the first BW gym.

Its always good to read comments like these. If my art can actually change the way that one feels about the Pokemon in a positive way, I guess that speaks about, at least to me, the quality of my art. I'm sure that all of us artists here sometimes question our own ability at times and this is a nice affirmation. I guess what I am trying to say is, "Thanks!" LOL

wow nice one
could you do a garchomp and an arcanine?
I have drawn up some concept work however, I usually try to figure out a way that any given Pokemon would fit into the story. A selection of which can be four here: Untitled Not only does this kind of give me some structure, if allows me to really put some feeling and depth into each piece.

Same as everyone else. Your realistic concept is amazing and i finally can enjoy a watchog being eaten! Good job

haha i love how whenever i refresh this there's new work X)
also that style is so amazing it actually looks like field work ahaha

This makes me happy to be alive. Your style is excellent, but Im kind of concerned for the guide now... could we have the a list of all the group members and their Pokemon?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)