Project Neverused: Revival

Django is a loser y/n

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweet Jesus

Neal and Jack and me, absent lovers...
I don't know if I'm the one who encounters weak teams, but this set is constantly sweeping on my hail team.

Walrein @ Leftovers
Trait: Ice Body
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Def
Calm Nature
- Surf
- Toxic
- Protect
- Stockpile

Pretty simple, use it as a special wall on a hail team (covers fire types while snover covers ludi), when everything with toxic and a powerful fighting attack or magic guard is down, get this guy out and start stockpiling. With protect, incredible defences and lefties + ice body recovery, your in for the win. Surf is used over blizzard for the pp, to hit rock types who could still harm you at +2 (your faster than everything but rampy) and to hit bastiodon who can roar you out and is immune to toxic.

works well with garbodor who can take on toxic and figthing attacks and set up spikes since most fighting pokes and toxic users aren't worth shit against garbo. Don't forget to use protect to choice lock your opponent's cb sawk/emboar before switching.

I love my ice cream during winter.

Vanilluxe @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 20 HP / 252 SAtk / 224 Spd / 12 SDef
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Protect
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Ground]

This Vanilluxe plays as a mix between Stallrein and Sub + Protect Glaceon. It plays similarly to Stallrein in that it can wear down the opponent through sub + protect stall and like Glaceon, STAB blizzard hurts and is often used after hail has sufficiently chipped away at the opponent. A reason to use this over Glaceon however lies in Vanilluxe's superior speed. It can outspeed and therefore sub up on, or downright take out one-on-one, prominent threats such as Emboar (a lot seem to be jolly), Absol, Garbodor, Ludicolo, most Skuntank, etc. Despite the loss in power compared to Glaceon, Vanilluxe still attains all these OHKO's/2HKO's that Glaceon has while Glaceon's extra power doesn't help it OHKO any of these threats that Vanilluxe can't. Most importantly though, Vanilluxe outspeeds CB Sawk which allows it to sub up on a close combat and KO Sawk after the defense drop (alternatively, Blizzard will KO after rocks and 3 rounds of hail regardless).

Fighting and fire checks such as Garbodor and even Stallrein himself can be useful teammates as protect allows for scouting choice sets/threatening moves. This set loves setting up on grass types, especially Amoonguss, so something like cinccino, gurdurr, or sawk that can lure it out would be good offensive teammates. Sawk furthermore threatens Piloswine, one of the true counters to this set.

I'm not too entirely sure on how to approach the HP EV's so that's up for change.

It's pretty surprising that I never saw Vanilluxe in NU, and especially with Hail unbanned now. What are the HP and SDef EVs for? I think you should fully invest in SAtk and Speed.

I really wouldn't use Vannilluxe over Glaceon. The extra Speed is nice, but it honestly is not too notable. The most notable things you are outspeeding is Samurott, Ludicolo, Adamant CB Sawk (which isn't too common at the moment) and Jolly Absol which is not exactly a large list. In exchange, you lose 20 base Special Attack and a lot of Defense. You underestimate the importance of those two things. Yeah there might not be an outright example that you get from a damage calculator, but when you play with Vannilluxe, you will notice a few situations where you wish you had a little bit extra bulk or power. Extra bulk/power that can be proved by Glaceon.

There are only two conditions where I would use Vannilluxe:
1) I /really/ need an extra check against Samurott / Ludicolo / Absol / whatever.
2) I want another offensive hail abuser besides Glaceon. However, most of the time Rotom-F would be the superior choice for this slot.

Dell

majestic pride.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Alright everyone, it's my turn. I've been looking at a set that I find that's great for the meta-game. Keep in mind, however, that this set is only specialized to work best in Hail, and that this set is based upon a Pokemon that I feel that is vastly underrated at this point of the meta-game. With having approximately as much bulk as Serperior, having a solid Special Attacking stat of 110, and having a granted access to STAB Blizzard and Ice Body, take our eyes here for Vanilluxe, a Pokemon that I may possibly suspect to become quite phenomenal within the set here.

Vanilluxe @ Life Orb
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SAtk / 144 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Autotomize
- Blizzard
- Hidden Power [Fighting] / Hidden Power [Ground]
- Protect / Flash Cannon

Now, some of you may have either forgotten that Vanilluxe existed, or just never cared to utilize it due to it becoming notably quite a notch much more inferior to other Ice-types, such as Regice and Articuno, some of you guys may be wondering why you'd imagine something like this. Also, with the welcome viable additions to other Hail-based threats that have gained quite a bunch of light with their powerful sets, such as SubProtect Offensive Glaceon and SubSplit Rotom-F, you may wonder what advantages will this particular set would carry on over the two. The answer is Autotomize; with Autotomize, a notable advantage is the ability to boost its Speed to outstanding levels, allowing it to have an exceptional chance of sweeping significantly more-so than the two and prevents it from becoming revenge killed by two of their most dangerous offensive threats, Sawk and Cincinno, and thanks to its great bulk and Ice Body, it will gain an absurd amount of opportunities to set-up an Autotomize, especially on various Ice and Grass types, some Choice Pokemon, and some common walls such as Snover and Garbodor. Blizzard is its main STAB move that, especially factoring in a Modest nature and Life Orb, will blast through anything that doesn't resist it. For example, Standard Gurdurr is OHKO'd with a combination of Protect (for Hail damage) and Stealth Rock damage. It is also interesting to note that it 2HKO's a number of resists as well, such as Rotom-F, Emboar, and Samurott. Hidden Power Fighting has nice coverage that OHKO's or 2HKO's a vast variety of Ice types, such as Rotom-F, Glaceon, and Piloswine, while also being quite useful for Pokemon like Thick Fat Miltank, Carracosta, and Probopass. Hidden Power Ground covers mainly Emboar and Carracosta, but is generally less useful of a coverage move outside of that ability. Protect has an immense amount of utility on this set. It can be used to scout for certain move of such, and provide utility of Ice Body and passive damage. The former being especially useful for healing some Life Orb damage and potentially getting yourself out of the KO range of Priority moves (252 Atk Life Orb Absol (+Atk) Sucker Punch vs 112 HP/0 Def Vanilluxe: 68.81% - 81.35% (2 hits to KO)
, 252 Atk Skuntank (+Atk) Sucker Punch vs 112 HP/0 Def Vanilluxe: 42.44% - 50.16% (2-3 hits to KO)
, for example), and the latter being useful for wearing down the opposing and possibly putting it in range of being taken out by Blizzard or a coverage move. Flash Cannon can be useful for covering for the Ice-types if you wish to choose HP Ground over HP Fighting.

The EV's give it enough speed to outspeed Scarf Timid Rotom-A after an Autotomize boost with an odd hp number, while outspeeding neutral-natured max Speed 65 Pokemon such as Emboar and Glaceon and outpacing Gorebyss before the boost. The rest are dumped into a nice investment of bulk with an odd HP number and Max SpA with Modest.

Snover is obviously its strongest team player Pokemon of this set's succession, as its ability Snow Warning allows it to activate an 100% accuracy and utility within Ice Body and Hail damage from their opponents. Otherwise, ironically, even with coverage moves, Standard RestTalk Regice is the best counter to this set, as it just barely sits out of 2HKO range of Flash Cannon after Stealth Rock damage. With that being said, Fighting types, especially Sawk, are by far and away the strongest teammates of this set, being able to easily smash through it and other possible rare switch-ins, such as Flareon. Duosion is also a great partner, as it does well against common Fighting types and takes most of its checks as setup fodder.

Probably the best Vanilluxe set I've ever seen. I completely forgot that thing get Autotomize. While it boosts Speed, it also has that funny side-effect of reducing weight, which CAN be helpful vs Low Kick Fraxure, but that thing is rare anyways and I prefer Superpower over Low Kick (Low Kick doesn't even 2HKO Cinccino, iirc). Very nice set, Agent Dell, I have no suggestions at all.

Emboar @ Leftovers
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid / Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Flame Charge / Hidden Power of your choice / filler

Emboar is one of the best checks to Hail teams due to its typing and STABs. Its physical sets are very easily worn down (but still good) due to recoil and now Hail. Substitute is a really cool move on Emboar since 1) it forces a lot of switches and you can see what they switch into, 2) it lets you buffer hits, and 3) it lets you get into Blaze range easily. A special set destroys like every special wall with its STAB moves such as Lickilicky or Regice while it 2HKOs others mon such as Musharna or now, the more common Duosion. Flame Charge is the final sweet of the set as it can allow Emboar to pull off a sweep if need be since at +1 with a Timid nature, it can even outspeed Cinccino. Emboar doesn't really need a fourth move such as HP Grass or Electric since you only use it like 1/10 games and its usually the wrong Hidden Power when you need it. You can set up a sub on something like Snover, and that usually Protects scouting for what you would choice lock yourself into but NOPE. You can also find subs when you force out stuff like choice-locked Rotom-F or Regice. This thing is powerful and it has won me countless matches even against other top players like flclose, ebeastlose, and cbblose (:]).

@Eviolite
Magic Guard
EVs: 252HP, 252Sp. Def, 4 Sp. Atk
Calm
~Calm Mind
~Acid Armor
~Recover
~Psychic

Defense-boosting moves are rarely used, but Duosion makes great use of Acid Armor - not only does it patch up its Defense stat (which Skuntank would love to abuse), it even allows Duosion an interesting spot on stall teams, thanks to its 64 PP, allowing Duosion to even stall out Dark-types. Duosion is also immune to Toxic, Hail and Leech Seed, preventing it from being stalled out by standard means, and Recover being not subject to reduced recovery in the new Hail metagame is great. The only way to shut Duosion down is via a crit, an Unaware Pokemon, or a move like Night Shade.

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
That set actually doesn't stall out Dark-types since it will get Taunted by Skuntank and forced out, or be killed by Absol, which has a twenty-five percent chance to score a critical hit thanks to Night Slash and Super Luck.

Dodrio @ Choice Band
Trait: Tangled Feet
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Thrash
- Brave Bird
- Quick Attack
- Pursuit

I'm not sure if this set has been posted yet but I'll give it a try. This Dodrio set basically makes use of Dodrio's other ability, "Tangled Feet". It is almost the same as Dodrio's CB set but it has Thrash instead of Return. Thrash, if you didn't know, is the normal-type version of Outrage, hitting for 120 BP for 2-3 turns before getting confused. Once Dodrio is confused, its ability activates, giving it 2* evasion for the whole period it is confused. This evasion boost is pretty useful as it allows Dodrio to avoid some hits while trying to get off another Thrash.

Of course, this set has its flaws. Thrash is basically the only thing that benefits from Dodrio's ability. Besides, Dodrio is stuck into Thrash for basically 2-3 turns so that gives the opponent a chance to switch into something that resists Thrash and turn the tides.

However, despite the flaws, this set is really powerful and puts a dent into many things while being able to 'luck' your way out of hits.

Shuckleking87

"Assault vest makes everything better" AV Seaking, BT
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
@Eviolite
Magic Guard
EVs: 252HP, 252Sp. Def, 4 Sp. Atk
Calm
~Calm Mind
~Acid Armor
~Recover
~Psychic
I personally use max D instead of max SpD because this set can handle with choice banded sawk, which, even though the scarf set is more common, I'd rather be safe than sorry. Otherwise I love using this set as it works extremely well under hail over Musharna, but FCLC is right, as this set cannot stall really any dark types. That is what team support is for, and I never bring out Duosion until all dark types are killed or to scout out sawk sets. Sure, with max D, this set cannot initially take blizzards as well, but I pair this guy with SpD Probopass to make a great combo.

Sweet Jesus

Neal and Jack and me, absent lovers...

Haunter @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Destiny Bond

Life orb haunter is already on site, but substitute is used over Destiny bond.

Haunter is a very powerful poke and does massive damage with a Life Orb and a very good coverage. In fact, very few pokes are not 2hko'ed by one of his moves, the most common being normal types that often can't hit back and SR weak regice. Add to this a 30% chance of poisoning with his most powerful move, a very strategic speed and an incredible typing and you have a serious threat to deal with.
This haunter has 2 purposes. The first is to cause massive damage at any point of the game and switch out taking barely no damage from hazards. It does this extremly well as most people don't predict it to have hp ground and keep something like a half health probopass to deal with it. I've swept very often with this guy late game and it's easy to bring in on toxic or a choice locked move (works well with momo and bastiodon). The second goal of this set, is to escape with D bond and kill some very important threats, but mainly it's own most common swtich-in: skuntank. If skunk get's in on a haunter that's not behind a sub it will nearly always use pursuit which will kill you even if you're not switching out. If it uses sucker punch for some reason, the plan still works out since he will attack first postponing destiny bond's effect to the next turn. The only real thing skunk could do would be to use taunt but no one thinks of doing that really and even if they do, you still have a 50% chance of predicting your opponent's next move correctly to either get haunter out safely or hit the skunk with a powerful hp ground.
This is a very strategic play in a way that skuntank is often the only answer many teams have to powerful psychic types like gardevoir and musharna who can then sweep freely.

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
@sweetjesus

i've used a double psychic core with musharna and destiny bond gardevoir, which accomplishes pretty much the same thing as haunter, and it was extremely effective. there isn't much that can stop musharna once dark-types are removed.

watashi

World Defender
double post yay

Drifblim @ Ghost Gem
Trait: Unburden
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Nowadays everyone expects Acrobatics Drifblim, which makes this set a great lure to the common Rock and Electric types that switch into it. Drifblim can easily come in on something such as Amoonguss or Sawk and set up. After a boost, not many Flying-type resisters can take a hit, with even Regirock taking over seventy percent damage. What's even better is that after Drifblim has used up its Ghost Gem, it can continue to plow through the opponent's team thanks to Unburden, which only leaves it vulnerable to priority.

Although this set is great against offensive teams due to its speed, it struggles against dedicated walls such as Regice. Garbodor is a great partner since it can provides Spikes and wear down the opponent's walls. It also lures in Earthquakes for Drifblim to switch into. Fighting-types such as Sawk or Gurdurr can break through the aforementioned walls and destroy Skuntank, which is extremely dangerous to this set since it takes pitiful damage from Hidden Power [Fighting].

watashi

World Defender

Lickilicky @ Choice Band
Trait: Cloud Nine
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Power Whip
- Earthquake
- Explosion

This guy here boasts the strongest physical attack in the entire game that doesn't involve any support. A STAB Choice Banded Explosion coming off nearly 300 Attack is enough to grab an OHKO on the likes of Amoonguss and Musharna and do upwards of seventy percent on physically defensive behemoths such as Tangela and Alomomola. Of course, Choice Band Lickilicky is not all reliant on Explosion to do damage. Golurk, a common switch-in to Lickilicky, is always OHKO'ed by Power Whip unless it's running max Defense. Emboar looking to switch in on a predicted Wish or Heal Bell will be smashed by Earthquake. Return is your main attack, and has enough power to OHKO the likes of Ludicolo and Sawsbuck.

One of the greatest things about this set is the surprise factor, which allows Lickilicky to easily remove walls on the opponent's team. For example, hail teams will easily fall to Sawk and Emboar once Lickilicky takes out their Duosion, which would normally set up on it. Rock-types such as Golem, Carracosta, and Regirock will be either OHKO'ed or 2HKO'ed by Power Whip, opening up the way for Braviary or Swellow to sweep. Most of the time, the opponent won't even switch out their Special Wall, allowing you to get a huge hit on opposing Regice or Lickilicky. For these reasons, Choice Band Lickilicky is a great addition to offensive teams for its ability to break down walls.

252Atk Choice Band Cloud Nine Lickilicky (+Atk) Power Whip vs 252HP/0Def Leftovers Regirock (Neutral): 48% - 57% (176 - 208 HP). Guaranteed 3HKO. 21% chance to 2HKO.

252Atk Choice Band Cloud Nine Lickilicky (+Atk) Power Whip vs 252HP/0Def Leftovers Solid Rock Carracosta (Neutral): 107% - 126% (378 - 447 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.

252Atk Choice Band Cloud Nine Lickilicky (+Atk) Power Whip vs 252HP/0Def Leftovers Golurk (Neutral): 101% - 119% (388 - 458 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.

252Atk Choice Band Cloud Nine Lickilicky (+Atk) Power Whip vs 252HP/252Def Leftovers Alomomola (+Def): 50% - 59% (268 - 316 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

252Atk Choice Band Cloud Nine Lickilicky (+Atk) Power Whip vs 252HP/0Def Eviolite Thick Fat Piloswine (Neutral): 64% - 75% (260 - 306 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.
252Atk Choice Band Cloud Nine Lickilicky (+Atk) Return vs 4HP/0Def Leftovers Ludicolo (Neutral): 91% - 107% (276 - 325 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO. 46% chance to OHKO.

252Atk Choice Band Cloud Nine Lickilicky (+Atk) Return vs 252HP/0Def Leftovers Regice (Neutral): 56% - 66% (205 - 243 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

252Atk Choice Band Cloud Nine Lickilicky (+Atk) Return vs 252HP/0Def Leftovers Cloud Nine Lickilicky (Neutral): 50% - 59% (214 - 253 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

252Atk Choice Band Cloud Nine Lickilicky (+Atk) Return vs 252HP/0Def Leftovers Braviary (Neutral): 64% - 75% (261 - 307 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

252Atk Choice Band Cloud Nine Lickilicky (+Atk) Return vs 4HP/0Def Leftovers Sawk (Neutral): 89% - 105% (261 - 307 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO. 32% chance to OHKO.
252Atk Choice Band Cloud Nine Lickilicky (+Atk) Earthquake vs 252HP/0Def Leftovers Sturdy Bastiodon (Neutral): 99% - 99% (323 - 323 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

252Atk Choice Band Cloud Nine Lickilicky (+Atk) Earthquake vs 4HP/0Def Leftovers Emboar (Neutral): 105% - 124% (382 - 450 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.

252Atk Choice Band Cloud Nine Lickilicky (+Atk) Earthquake vs 252HP/252Def Leftovers Garbodor (+Def): 60% - 71% (220 - 260 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.
252Atk Choice Band Cloud Nine Lickilicky (+Atk) Explosion vs 252HP/252Def Eviolite Tangela (+Def): 65% - 77% (220 - 259 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

252Atk Choice Band Cloud Nine Lickilicky (+Atk) Explosion vs 252HP/252Def Leftovers Alomomola (+Def): 78% - 92% (417 - 492 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

252Atk Choice Band Cloud Nine Lickilicky (+Atk) Explosion vs 252HP/252Def Leftovers Amoonguss (+Def): 104% - 123% (453 - 534 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.

252Atk Choice Band Cloud Nine Lickilicky (+Atk) Explosion vs 252HP/252Def Leftovers Musharna (+Def): 92% - 108% (402 - 474 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO. 52% chance to OHKO.

This is a set that I have been recently using, and it is extremely annoying. It is the NU version of TormenTran.

Weezing @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Torment
- Protect
- Sludge bomb

No one needs an introduction on how physically bulky Weezing is, so I thought it would be perfect for the Sub+Protect+Torment set that made Heatran so infamous. This set is kinda stally, but it has caused many of my opponents to rage quit. The idea of the set is to switch into a physical hit like a Sawk Close Combat and set up a sub because the opponent is most likely fearing a will-o-wisp. Once the sub is up, torment the switch in (unless of course an obvious taunt is coming) and sludge bomb everything. Sludge bomb is chosen over all of the other moves because of its high poison chance and STAB. Also, a great thing about torment is that is forces choiced pokemon to either struggle or switch out.

But, like all sets there are many checks and counters. Some things this set fears are Bulky psychic types (which are unfortunately common in NU). Because of this, great partners for Weezing are Skuntank and Golurk. Steel types are immune to sludge bomb, but are not too common. NU steel types never really cause too much trouble for my team because most of them are quad weak to something.

Django

Started from the bottom...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
As stated in this post, Project Neverused now has a space on the NeverUsed hub! There will be regular updates from myself and DTC (which we will keep you informed about) featuring the best sets posted here. So be sure to continue to post your new sets - especially with the new tier shifts coming up - and get some of your ideas featured onsite!

Thought I'd share this new set I've been testing out.

Drifblim @ Flame Orb
Ability: Flare Boost
4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Protect
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt/HP Fight
-Will-o-wisp/Thunder Wave/Rest

While everyone runs around with Unburden Drifblim, its dream world ability is laid to waste. This ability gives Blim a Special Attack boost when it is burned, similar to Zangoose's Toxic Boost (with the attack stat). The idea is simple, set up a protect to activate the orb and then you can attempt to clean up. The last moveslot is gimmicky, seeing as Drifblim doesn't have amazing coverage. Rest is what I use, even though it removes the flame orb, when you wake up it will activate again. Will-o-wisp is also good for crippling opponents and T-wave is important if you predict a switch. Psychic is another coverage option, but chances are that no one will be switching in a fighting type. Sleep talk doesn't work well with this set, but if you really wanted to, it could be used over protect. All in all, this set is surprising to many users and it can work well with the right support.

Trick Room Exeggutor

Exeggutor @ Life Orb
Trait: Harvest
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Def
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Trick Room
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Explosion

My friend told me about this Trick Room Exeggutor set a while ago and I thought it was pretty good. I made a Trick Room team and it fits pretty well so I decided to post the set here.

Trick Room to allow Exeggutor to move first for a few turns. Giga Drain and Psychic are its coverage STAB moves. Explosion is used as a last resort whenever Exeggutor is at low HP and Trick Room ends soon. It comes off a respectable 95 Attack stat too.

Max Attack and Max Special Attack EVs give Exeggutor maximum power on its moves. A Quiet nature raises Exeggutor's Sp.A stat while lowering its Speed stat, win-win. 0 Speed IVs coupled with a Quiet nature gives it 103 speed, 'outspeeding' quite a few pokemon in TR.

Skuntank (F) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 220 SDef / 36 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Poison Jab
- Roar
- Crunch
- Taunt

SpD Skuntank with a twist move: Roar. This set help a lot against Psychic and Ghost types that are a big threats like Exeggutor, Duosin, Musharna, Gardevoir, Haunter, etc
Poison Jab and Crunch are the two STAB moves and just with a good coverage, Poison Jab is nice since has a 30% of chance to poison the opponent around Taunt this is so good because you avoid that your opponent uses Heal Bell while the effect of toxic work on the opponent mons. Roar help to down the mainly checks of Skuntank things like Piloswine, Gurdurr, Golem or Probopass with the Spikes support. This set should be more oriented on balance or defensive teams since Skuntank has a defenses very ok and this set appreciates Wish support. A cleric should be good to prevent scald burns / WoW.
Probably isnt the best SpD wall but is just one of the best way to deal with dangerous threats while keep the pressure on the opponent team with a decent Attack and the annoying Taunt + Roar at the same time.

Thought I'd share this new set I've been testing out.

Drifblim @ Flame Orb
4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Protect
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt/HP Fight
-Will-o-wisp/Thunder Wave/Rest

While everyone runs around with Unburden Drifblim, its dream world ability is laid to waste. This ability gives Blim a Special Attack boost when it is burned, similar to Zangoose's Toxic Boost (with the attack stat). The idea is simple, set up a protect to activate the orb and then you can attempt to clean up. The last moveslot is gimmicky, seeing as Drifblim doesn't have amazing coverage. Rest is what I use, even though it removes the flame orb, when you wake up it will activate again. Will-o-wisp is also good for crippling opponents and T-wave is important if you predict a switch. Psychic is another coverage option, but chances are that no one will be switching in a fighting type. Sleep talk doesn't work well with this set, but if you really wanted to, it could be used over protect. All in all, this set is surprising to many users and it can work well with the right support.
I've been using something along those lines, but more crippling:

Drifblim @ Flame Orb
4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Trick
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt
-HP Flying

This one switch in on predicted Close Combats, Mach Punchs, Body Slams... (you get the idea), his orb activate and now you decide to semi-sweep or trick your flame orb on something.

I say "semi-sweep" because 80 base speed is nothing stellar and can be outspeed and revange killed by a lot of others mons. About his bulk, there is none, any relativety powerful attack bring you down aside the fact that you are SR weak.

But if you get the sweep going you have nice coverage in your dual STAB + Thunderbolt, and if trick work that pesky skuntank will end burned, and gurdurr will be robbed his precios eviolite (and his guts activated, but he become a lot easier to revange kill now). Talking about the incredible resilient gurdurr, even with flare boost activated you need SR damage to secure your OHKO, but we are talking about the same little pesky that can take an unboosted (read: no choice band, no life orb) Brave Bird from braviary and retaliate with Ice Punch.

watashi

World Defender

Skuntank (F) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 220 SDef / 36 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Poison Jab
- Roar
- Crunch
- Taunt

SpD Skuntank with a twist move: Roar. This set help a lot against Psychic and Ghost types that are a big threats like Exeggutor, Duosin, Musharna, Gardevoir, Haunter, etc
Poison Jab and Crunch are the two STAB moves and just with a good coverage, Poison Jab is nice since has a 30% of chance to poison the opponent around Taunt this is so good because you avoid that your opponent uses Heal Bell while the effect of toxic work on the opponent mons. Roar help to down the mainly checks of Skuntank things like Piloswine, Gurdurr, Golem or Probopass with the Spikes support. This set should be more oriented on balance or defensive teams since Skuntank has a defenses very ok and this set appreciates Wish support. A cleric should be good to prevent scald burns / WoW.
Probably isnt the best SpD wall but is just one of the best way to deal with dangerous threats while keep the pressure on the opponent team with a decent Attack and the annoying Taunt + Roar at the same time.
this set is great for stall teams that lack a way to deal with duosion, musharna, and taunt misdreavus. it has amazing bulk on the special side and can live for a long time if paired up with wish support, which is mandatory on stall teams. roar can rack up hazards damage and wear down common switch-ins such as regirock, golem, and piloswine really quickly.

Django

Started from the bottom...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Yeah I really like the look of that Skuntank set, but personally I would use Sucker Punch > Crunch. Priority is just so valuable in NU and there are so few users which can easily fit onto stall. I guess being able to reliably hit those Ghosts / Psychics is useful, but with Taunt and proper prediction you can still do it with Sucker Punch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)