Quality Control Documentation

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I like the Koffing. It's easy to spot and it makes it clear whether a QC member approves of a set or if he just says "i like this set, looks cool, make these changes". In fact I think we need a Reject stamp too (with a Grimer on it maybe >_>) for the same reasons. The stamps don't "cost" much (at least not that I'm aware of) and their benefits, while marginal, are still there, so I don't see why we should stop using them.

i didn't say stamps weren't enough to determine whether a thread could be moved or not. i meant that the visibility of the stamp system is the only advantage it brings to the table, and we can capture that advantage by using bolded, colored, large font.

stamps are a little less professional than a nice, simple, to-the-point phrase. plus personally i find it a little annoying to put the image into my post every time although it only takes 5 seconds (this is a very minor reason and if it was just this i definitely wouldn't have brought it up).

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Dragging and dropping the picture of the stamp is as easy as copying and pasting the words. As for "professionalism", I'm ambivalent. I don't see anything wrong with continuing to use the stamp; however, I do think a rejection stamp would be helpful, and if turning to text would be the easiest way to accomplish this, I'm all for it. (point is, I don't care as long as we establish a "rejection stamp/font/whatever")

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've always been annoyed at having to find the stamp as well, and a "rejected" stamp has always been considered unprofessional. I'm ambivalent, but wouldn't miss it if it went.

I think using any sort of image is unprofessional and tacky-looking, even if the images themselves were beautiful.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I really don't consider the stamp to be unprofessional in any way, and nor does it seem tacky.. It's an easily visible and recognizable symbol of the QC team.

I personally really like the stamp, but I can definitely see darkie's point. What it boils down to is perceived professionalism, because that is really the only reason to take it down. Right now, I would just like to see how many people feel it is unprofessional, and how many don't. If a good number of people think the former, I think it should be removed. If the majority of folk don't find it unprofessional, I think keeping it would be fine.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
The only thing that should be taken into account here is efficiency. Use whichever is more efficient. "Professionalism" and "I like the stamp!!" don't really matter.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Implemented the following changes:

Azelf:
- Moved Colbur Berry Lead up to the 3rd slot, below Lead and Dual Screen but above Nasty Plot and the 2 Choice sets

Jirachi:
-Changed all Speed EVs for fast sets without a -Spe IV Hidden Powers to 252 Spe
-Rearranged sets to: Scarf -> Lead -> Wish CM -> Sub TWave -> Sub CM -> Superachi -> Mixed -> Support -> Screens
-Changed names of "Physical Choice" to "Choice Scarf" and "Physical Mixed" to "Mixed"
-Changed Lead set to Iron Head, Stealth Rock, U-turn / Trick, Fire Punch / Ice Punch / ThunderPunch
-Slashed Thunderbolt and HP Ground with HP Fire on Superachi
-De-slashed Zen Headbutt on Scarf set (put in AC), and de-emphasized Trick with a suggested moveset change from Iron Head, Fire Punch, Ice Punch / ThunderPunch, U-turn / Trick -> Iron Head, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, ThunderPunch / Trick / U-turn
-Removed slash for Thunder in Support set, but still mention in AC
-Removed Rain Support set and added to Optional Changes

Lucario:
- Removed Reversal Set

Machamp:
- Removed Scarf Set
- Reordered based on June Usage: Attacking Lead - Sub - ResTalk - Antilead - Bulk Up - Choice Band

Metagross:

- Added [ADDITIONAL COMMENTS] tags
- Reordered sets: Lead, Agility, Scarf, CB, Mixed, Trick + Iron Ball
- Removed Tank, Dual Screen, ResTalk
- Merged Trick and Lead, with a paragraph in AC about a max spe spread with Trick
- Moved 12 Def EVs and 4 HP EVs into Speed on Lead set, allowing it to outpace Lead Empoleon
- Slashed Lum Berry onto Lead set
- Slashed Trick onto Choice Band set, and moved Ice Punch and Pursuit to AC

Salamence:
- Not touching this mofo until after the Council's decision is final.

Smeargle:
- Unchanged, since changing requires large rewrite of the set comments. Will consider rewriting the set.

Starmie:
- Renamed Non-Choice to Life Orb, removed Expert Belt slash, moved to top
- Rapid Spin replaces Psychic in final slash of Life Orb
- Removed Psychic, made Hydro Pump main STAB slash over Surf (choice sets)
- Removed Reflect set

EDIT: To-do list, stuff that I didn't touch but probably will at some point soon:

Heracross- Combining BU and BU Restalk
Hippowdon- Mentioning LO in the CB set for anti-lead (possibly new set?)
Smeargle- Incorporating Entry Hazards into the Anti-Lead set (requires writeup modification and an extra section in AC for the slashed moves that will be replaced with the hazards
Mence- CMON COUNCIL

SDS doin WERK. Thanks for all that help, you really made things easier for me ^_^. If only someone would do that for UU...

The only thing that should be taken into account here is efficiency. Use whichever is more efficient. "Professionalism" and "I like the stamp!!" don't really matter.
I agree with stellar. Personally I don't think the stamp makes anything inefficient.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
Mmk, TIME FOR UU

Ambipom
- Removed Nasty Plot

Arcanine
- Removed Howl

Azumarill
- Slashed Ice Punch and Toxic onto Waterfall and Aqua Jet / Encore respectively, set comments updated to match
- Removed Belly Drum

Blastoise
- Removed all sets but Utility and Specs
- Gonna talk to Heysup about reworking Specs

Blaziken
- Specs to OO
- Removed Reversal
- Moved Physical Choice to the top

Clefable
- Belly Drum to bottom
- Stall and Toxic Encore rolled together, set comments updated to reflect

Hariyama
- Removed Special Tank, Bulk Up
- Deslashed EQ from SubPunch
- Payback over Knock Off on physical tank
- Removed Froslass mention from lead- uu lead still needs reworking with fake out < bullet punch
- Removed Fire Punch from CB

Hitmontop
- Removed CB, sent to OO
- Changed spinner EVs to 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def Impish
- Added mention of 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD Careful for spinning against Rotom and Mismagius
- Added mention of Earthquake to prevent Toxicroak from setting up

Houndoom
- Removed Specs and Lead sets

Kabutops
- Removed Flail
- Removed Mixed
- Deslashed Return from SD, but kept it in set comments

Leafeon
- Slashed Synthesis onto Roar/Grasswhistle on BP set
- Slashed Roar onto Yawn on support set

Mismagius
- Mentioning Taunt in SubCM
- Removed LO from Nasty Plot
- Changed CM + 3 Attacks to Nasty Plot + 3 Attacks

Steelix
- Moved CB to Other Options

Torterra
- Moved SD to Other Options
- Where's this legendary Lead set that needs to be "re-added?"

UU IS DONE RAWR

To-do list:
- Find that Torterra lead
- Get Specs Blastoise rewritten (preferably whole analysis but that bit needs it the most)
- Fix Venusaur EV spreads (dunno what's wrong with them, someone else can fill this in)
- Rewrite Tangrowth analysis- currently WIP in the UU forum
- Houndoom fixes (splitting the NP, reworking Mixed)
- Hariyama stuff (I contest the combining of ResTalk Hariyama and generic Tank Hariyama)
- Dugtrio stuff (requires set splitting and rewrites)

um cause sds told me to comment or something

torterra lead i don't know where it is i think it is probably in archives somewhere heysup wrote it initially though so he probably knows

specs blastoise needs to be done afaik

there is a venusaur ev spread discussion in the venusaur update thread (which flashstorm has prolly abandoned franky might take it over also i could write it too if franky lets me)

tangrowth is indeed wip and a bit leaning towards the done side

houndoom is being written by me and it just got moved from qc to uu a few days ago

hariyama i agree? don't know if there needs to be something done here or what...?

no one is doing dugtrio as of now

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
Nothing needs to be done about Hariyama, since in that case it's fine as is.

I looked in Archives and didn't find a UU Torterra lead set, unfortunately.

Good to know that Tangrowth / Venusaur / Houndoom are in progress.

Blastoise needs to be done ASAP- If anyone can find Heysup, he's the one that tested it for QC so he's probably the most qualified to write it. Same with Dugtrio. (the asap part, not the heysup part)

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Metagross:

- Added [ADDITIONAL COMMENTS] tags
- Reordered sets: Lead, Agility, Scarf, CB, Mixed, Trick + Iron Ball
- Removed Tank, Dual Screen, ResTalk
- Merged Trick and Lead, with a paragraph in AC about a max spe spread with Trick
- Moved 12 Def EVs and 4 HP EVs into Speed on Lead set, allowing it to outpace Lead Empoleon
- Slashed Lum Berry onto Lead set
- Slashed Trick onto Choice Band set, and moved Ice Punch and Pursuit to AC
Although all of these changes are sensible, I am not sure whether those speed EVs on Metagross are a good idea. Empoleon runs speed EVs specifically to outrun Metagross, which means that we then have to go and add more speed to the lead empoleon set. You must realise that this has to stop somewhere, and in reality all you are doing is jeopordising both Metagross' and Empoleon's performance against everything else. So essentially, this is the right thing to do on your team, just not on an analysis.

Given that the defense EVs were designed for Dugtrio, can we not just go for a simple 252/252/4 spread?

Edit - see thread on speed creep

I'm not sure if this is the right spot for this, and I know it doesn't even matter because the Pokemon is never used, but I just thought I'd mention that the Unown Analysis should probably be deleted. It is an unusable Pokemon, and the Opinion section of the analysis is just completely immature. Hope this helps, and I apologize in advance if I'm posting in the wrong section.

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm not sure if this is the right spot for this, and I know it doesn't even matter because the Pokemon is never used, but I just thought I'd mention that the Unown Analysis should probably be deleted. It is an unusable Pokemon, and the Opinion section of the analysis is just completely immature. Hope this helps, and I apologize in advance if I'm posting in the wrong section.
Honestly, when a Pokemon is as bad as Unown, a joke analysis is pretty much fairgame imo.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place, but we all know about Farceus and the fact that he can't be implemented on Shoddy. However, we know that PO offers Farceus playing, and I am just wondering, should we actually write up an analysis for Farceus, or just wait until Nintendo finally releases the proper thing?? Shoddy Battle 2 is (hopefully) around the corner, and our Arceus page is not suitable for the current situation.

The Dragonite analysis page needs some major updating with Salamence out of the tier, just pointing that out. I can do it if necessary, although I have exactly zero experience with the OU tier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)