Round XIX: Coconut vs Banana, Exeggutor vs Tropius!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gotta go with A.Snow here. Competitively I'd pick Hippowdon, but I prefer Abomasnow's interesting typing combination and odd design.

Abomasnow

Poor Abomasnow is stuck as the only Snow Warning user (aside from Snover), and, for the Sand Stream users, there's Tyranitar as well...

However, since I had SO MUCH trouble trying to get a female Hippopotas in Diamond/Pearl, I'll just have to vote Abomasnow, partly because I feel bad for it, and don't feel bad about Hippowdon. :P

Abomasnow seems interesting in concept and design and has a typing unique to its evolutionary line. Also, it reminds me of a Christmas tree. Christmas is awesome!!

So, yeah. +1 to Abomasnow.

Abomasnow

I prefer the design : badass snowy tree :p. I also prefer snow over sand look wise. I wish hail was more useful though.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Abomasnow

While it's not the best design, it's definitely an interesting one. Add in a unique and cool typing and the fact that it is the only hail summoner outside of it's prevo, and you have got a winner to me.

Hippowdon. While I prefer Hail to Sandstorm, I think that Hippowdon is a much cooler design. I really hope we get another Hail inducer as the tree-thing doesn't really work for me...

Abomasnow

Ice types have long been my favourite- and in DPP I was an ice type gym leader. Without Abomasnow- my team would have been seriously crippled. Combined with the fact that he would be good for 1 or 2 KOs every match- running 100% accuracy Blizzard- along with the ability to subseed- protect stall for residual damage, hit unsuspecting foes with focus punch as well as the ever constant threat of wood hammer- my aboma's sheer unpredictability will forever make it in my mind the best weather inducer in the game. (yes over T-tar)

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Damn, they're both so underrated and I love them both so much...

I have been using a lot of Abomasnow lately and I absolutely love it, so just based on my current fad I'll have to vote for Abomasnow. Really cool design too.

Abomasnow

tyranitar is a MUCH better sand set-up than hippowdon imo. plus, abomasnow has a better design, a kickass cry, and a nice movepool. and, as the only snow warning user other than its pre-evo, it has no competition in that field. even though its typing is godawful it's much more fun to use.

I remember reading zatch bell when kanchome died, the hippo is mightier than even the lion so while hail is better than sand I'm going to go for Hippowdon

Cool design and everything for the Yeti, but Hippowdon is just a boss. Just a boss. So impossible to take down, that lack of 4x weakness coupled with that insane bulk is just too much to overcome. Truthfully, I never liked Abomasnow much, I guess is just never did that well for me.

Abomasnow

Love the unique typing and also the tree/abominable snowman concept. There's something really awesome when you're walking on top of Mt. Coronet and this massive white/green pokemon appears from the snowy mist as hail starts to pour down.

Also while Hippodown is also kind of cool the thing that always irks me is the fact that it has no ears and looks funny when its mouth is closed, like something is missing (which I figured was the ears after all this time- it really looks unnatural/off without them)

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Hippowdon

A genial concept if you ask me. Whereas Abomasnow is an alright abominable snowman (though, a wooden one, that's certainly creative) just like you'd expect one to look, GameFreak really turned the concept of hippopotamus around when they made Hippowdon. Usually an aquatic mammal frolicking in the Nile, but GameFreak figured out that they might as well place its habitat a few thousand kilometres westward. Whereas the Earthly hippo lives in and around rivers, Hippowdon thrive in sand. They swim around in quicksand, burrow in the dunes, and even have powdery blood. Sand is water, indeed, for Hippowdon. It has the ability to manipulate it like Water Pokémon manipulate water, and is just as comfortable underground as overground. Hippowdon is also good stat-wise, and has a wide array of moves in its arsenal.

Qwilphish

when everything you touch turns to gold
Hippowdon. Really???? Abomasnow isn't even cool. Hippowdown is badass and hippopotas is cute af.

You guys are all crazy.

Hippowdon through and through. Abomasnow never appealed to me, it looks really ugly, plus I hated the hail as well as comng across a Snover too many times. Hippowdon is a genunely clever design from Gamefreak, and one of the best of Gen 4. He looks awesome, and he pours out sand from its body. How freakin' amazing is that?

dwarfstar

mindless philosopher
Abomasnow for me. I've never been a fan of hippopotami, and the fact that Game Freak made Hippowdon weak to Water when actual hippos spend most of their time in water irks me for some reason. The lack of external ears is also bizarre. Abomasnow still looks kind of weird (not very tree-like, but also not very Yeti-like), but I like its facial hair and unique typing. Abomasnow's grown on me over my competitive career because I like weird/creative/underused Pokemon, sets, and playstyles, so seeing people using hail teams up in OU makes me happy. The only thing that makes me happy about Hippowdon is that it isn't as immediately threatening to my team as Tyranitar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)