Simple Question, Simple Answer Thread Advance

I remember talking to a few people about Spikes vs Substitutes. Some would say that if the opponent has a Sub up and you use Rapid Spin, the Spikes would stay in-tact. In-game in Emerald, the only thing that blocks spins from my testing are Ghost Types. I don't know how I can test it in R/S since I used Ditto to transform into my Spikes Smeargle and Skill Swapped Color Change to it and turned it into a Ghost to check the Ghost part.

Also used the Smeargle-Ditto thing with Spikes/Sub. Spikes were blown away.

Question: How can I check to see if Sub can block Rapid Spin in Sapphire?

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
I remember talking to a few people about Spikes vs Substitutes. Some would say that if the opponent has a Sub up and you use Rapid Spin, the Spikes would stay in-tact. In-game in Emerald, the only thing that blocks spins from my testing are Ghost Types. I don't know how I can test it in R/S since I used Ditto to transform into my Spikes Smeargle and Skill Swapped Color Change to it and turned it into a Ghost to check the Ghost part.

Also used the Smeargle-Ditto thing with Spikes/Sub. Spikes were blown away.

Question: How can I check to see if Sub can block Rapid Spin in Sapphire?
Set yourself up a link battle? :V

How do I find Latias/Latios? I've beaten the Elite Four, saw the news on T.V and I can't find Lat@s anywhere, I've been searching in various patchs of grass for over an hour, mainly route 117 and 121. Lat@s doesnt show up on the map either.

Why is it That event Pokemon Like Mew or Deoxys CANNOT be Traded into Emerald/FR/LG?? I tried Trading Deoxys From Ruby to Emerald and It said "This Pokemon cant be Traded yet".

Not sure if this goes here but,

Since I'm taking on a very hard project on my diamond, I feel like trying breeding on emerald so my thread dosen't go unupdated for months. Could someone direct me to a beginning emerald breeding guide? Unfortunatly I don't have any starting parents on my emerald nor a gameshark.

@ninjadead: Lati@s isn't going to show up on your map until you've seen it once in battle. however, I don't know how you would go about finding it that first time. All I can suggest is just walking through a bunch of grass.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
How do I find Latias/Latios? I've beaten the Elite Four, saw the news on T.V and I can't find Lat@s anywhere, I've been searching in various patchs of grass for over an hour, mainly route 117 and 121. Lat@s doesnt show up on the map either.
Trading one to yourself might let you see it in the Pokedex? Not sure, just a guess.

Can someone give me a list of all viable Skarmbliss counters in OU? Please don't say Blaziken, it's weak to Skarm's Drill Peck. The list is to shut up those NB noobs who say 'SKARMBLISS OVERPOWERED GHAHAHA'

Thanks!

ok. Tyraniboah, MCgar, charizard, Blaziken(yes he is, skarms drill peck wont hit blaziken before it fireblasts him into oblivion), Jirachi, Mixmence(unless blissey carries icebeam), Subpunch regice/anything,reversal houndoom, Weezing...Etc there is alot. Skarmbliss is still really strong. The only way to really counter is Dug/Mag.

the way I do it is by getting a level 40 poke or so, 99 max repels and flying to pallet town. Use a repel leading with the level 40 poke, then ride in and out of the grass, the area changing from route 1 to pallet town over and over. eventually you'll get it, it's a pretty effective way of doing it.

the way I do it is by getting a level 40 poke or so, 99 max repels and flying to pallet town. Use a repel leading with the level 40 poke, then ride in and out of the grass, the area changing from route 1 to pallet town over and over. eventually you'll get it, it's a pretty effective way of doing it.
PALLET TOWN?? He was Looking for LATI..

BlueCookies

April Fools 2009 Participant
VGC '10, '11, '12 Masters Champion
Where can I download Netbattle, because I'm interested in going back and playing some of the old generations.

Why is it That event Pokemon Like Mew or Deoxys CANNOT be Traded into Emerald/FR/LG?? I tried Trading Deoxys From Ruby to Emerald and It said "This Pokemon cant be Traded yet".

Unless you already have the National Dex you cannot have a Deoxys in Emerald / FR / LG.

Question: Does a synchronizer work on the legendary pokemon you talk to in FR or Emerald?

ok well i need a Lum berry in my Emerald how do i get one?

i heard that the Berry Master's wife can give you one? is that true and if so, i need the code words so she can give me one.

Malfunction

nice desu ne
@Haku16: Go to Lilycove city, east of the dept. store is the move deleter's house, and east of it is a guy who will give you a random berry each day. You can get a Lum berry from him.

I suggest you save before talking to the man, and just reset 'till you get the berry you want. Not sure this works though, so just try it ;)

I needs to know asap if soft resetting for shiny legendaries actually works in Emerald, such as a shiny Rayquazza.Also, why doesnt this forum have it's own RMT sub-forum and why isnt this thread a sticky like in the DPPt forum?

Ninjadead:
1. It does, except for Lati@s.
2. Because no one plays Advance
3. Because the mods have a vendetta against me and will not sticky this thread.
no really I have no idea, why don't you ask for it to be stickied?

I play advance quite often, and that's the actual game, not Netbattle/Rom. Who would I ask for that? Blah, I'm sick of seeing nothing but RMT's here.

Ninjadead said:
Try this. Go to a route that the Latis can show up, and save. Go into the grass, if it's not Lati, then Soft-Reset (A+B+Start+Select).
Do that and you'll see it faster than trying to find it going through different grass patches.

Haku16 said:
ok well i need a Lum berry in my Emerald how do i get one?

i heard that the Berry Master's wife can give you one? is that true and if so, i need the code words so she can give me one.
Try Angry Abra. I got my Lum Berry the first time that way. I think I got it from Pickup once, but I might have given it to Linoone. I don't remember.

Amre92 said:
@Haku16: Go to Lilycove city, east of the dept. store is the move deleter's house, and east of it is a guy who will give you a random berry each day. You can get a Lum berry from him.

I suggest you save before talking to the man, and just reset 'till you get the berry you want. Not sure this works though, so just try it ;)
Oh yeah! I tried this with Kiri from Sootopolis trying to get my Mago Berry. It kept changing to PokeBlock berries mostly but it did change. Didn't get my Mago Berry though. ):

I guess this is the best spot for this.

Today I noticed an enemy Linoone's Tickle went through my Starmie's Substitute. Dunno if people know that or not.

My simple question is, did anybody know that already? :D
~Uiru

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)