Simple Question, Simple Answer Thread Advance

so i can save right before that event to change everything? awesome (for some reason i heard it was determined right at the beginning of the game but i wasnt sure).

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
so i can save right before that event to change everything? awesome (for some reason i heard it was determined right at the beginning of the game but i wasnt sure).
Well, I think I got different natures when I SRed it a few times. However, except your IVs to be crap, no matter what.

Everstone

Now 100% reliable
is a Contributor Alumnus
Ruby/Sapphire Latis are similar to Raikou, Entei and Suicune in FR/LG. If you can endure the daunting task of trying to SR the Latis in Emerald, by all means do it.

read through the SRing in Emerald thread. Flurries got a ton of good info that should help you, and yes, the parents needed for the quint23 is x/31/x/x/31/31

If you PAL park while "resting" in the Hoenn Battle Factory will you be able to acquire your rentals on your team?

I am 100% sure that you cannot get any of the BF rentals unless you use Game Shark cheats to teleport after choosing your team by pressing the L-Button, while walking through the doorway. It's just I managed to switch a level 100 shiny Metagross onto my team in my Emerald cart and I am looking for a legal way to get it. But I am pretty sure that PAL parking rentals does not work, but as I do not own any of the fourth generation games I was wondering if anyone could confirm this. I know it's a dumb question but I am hoping against all odds that I can keep that shiny Metagross somehow.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
If you PAL park while "resting" in the Hoenn Battle Factory will you be able to acquire your rentals on your team?

I am 100% sure that you cannot get any of the BF rentals unless you use Game Shark cheats to teleport after choosing your team by pressing the L-Button, while walking through the doorway. It's just I managed to switch a level 100 shiny Metagross onto my team in my Emerald cart and I am looking for a legal way to get it. But I am pretty sure that PAL parking rentals does not work, but as I do not own any of the fourth generation games I was wondering if anyone could confirm this. I know it's a dumb question but I am hoping against all odds that I can keep that shiny Metagross somehow.
As you cannot select party Pokemon, no.

Okay I read somewhere that about a method of getting Latias/Latios. Here it is.

Requirements:
-Acro Bike
-At least 1 Defeat of the Elite 4
-At least 1 Max Repel
-Something hard and heavy that you can place on a single button of your GameBoy:P

Method:
Here's what you do. After you've defeated the E4, go to any patch of grass (really, it doesn't matter where) in Hoenn and use your Max Repel. Equip your Acro Bike. Then, place your heavy object on your Game Boy in such a way that it holds down only the B button. Watch the screen and make sure that your character is bunny hopping, but is remaining in the same spot. He is? Great. Now leave your Game Boy alone for an hour or two. No, I'm not kidding. Go away for a good long while, and then come back. Don't bother watching, 'cause this method usually takes time to work. Anyway, when you come back, you (Should) have run into Latios/Latias.

Here's why it works:
Latias/Latios works in much the same way that the Legendary dogs did in G/S/C. He/She changes regions frequently, and will do so even if you stay in one region all the time. This method works on the theory that, if you wait in one region long enough, he/she'll eventually meander into it, and then you'll encounter the wily Pokemon. The Max Repel will keep other Pokemon away from you, and the bunny hopping simulates walking through the grass without wasting steps and exhausting your Max Repel.

So now you should have run into the elusive Latios/Latias. What happens next is up to you. I always used a master ball, because I hate chasing them around. But if you want to do it the hard way, just remember that once you've run into Latios/Latias, you can track him/her but everytime you go to a different location the location for Lati@s will change - look at the area page for that Pokemon in your 'Dex. It'll show the current location of him/her. Of course, this is provided you don't make him/her faint. That's it, people. Happy hunting!
Is that true and is that the most effective way to catch them?

I've been breeding surskits all day, and gone through about 200 eggs. Out of those 200, 2 have been timid, with a timid female with an everstone. Why is this happening?

that kind of happens to me too when I'm breeding. For some reason, my everstone stops working after I masshatch several eggs until I reset my game, then works for about 20-30 minutes, and then stops working again.
Yeah, thats happened to me too. But today I've tried everything, from switching the parents, to breeding on my SP instead of my DS.
it's happened to be before, but it lasted for 3 days :( but then it started working again, so who knows
Hmm, weird. I hope mine dosen't last that long. >.<

@ -Aura-
That Lati@s trick with the bunny hop sounds bogus. I have never seen the Latis change areas while I stay in one area, and I have never seen a wild Poke attack while I'm standing in one spot bunny hopping, although I may be wrong about the hop.

The best way was posted about 3 times already. It's not originally posted by me, but I can't find who said it, but here's what you do:

1) Save on any Route Lati@s can show up in.
2) Go to the grassy patch.
3) If it's not Lati, just reset the game.
4) Repeat until the first Pokemon you see is the Legendary you are after. Catch it.

Running for it worked for me only twice, out of about 6 playthroughs, and I hate it. Resetting for it worked a lot faster and gave me a lot less stress.

If that doesn't work, post back.

Edit: I just checked, that bunny hop thing works. Now I am going to check to see if the Lati thing works. I'll try it on my Sapphire, which I was using to Restart for Jirachis.

Edit2:
This question is for those who are using Mingot's list to SR breed.
Do you guys press Start on the stop-watch at the same time as when you press the A Button to SR?

Edit3: On the GameCube GameBoy Player, while doing the said SR timings, would the timings be different from lag or anything? Wired controller btw.

hey guys, not sure if this is the right thread but if I have these parents set in the day care:

Slot 1: Ditto: x/x/31/x/x/x
Slot 2: Staryu: 31/x/x/x/x/31

will I be able to get the famous 31/19/31/30/30/31 ground spread if I get the timing right?

EDIT: this is on emerald of course

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)