Simple Question, Simple Answer Thread Advance

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Running through my Leaf Green again for Pal Park. Can you guys suggest a good team of 6 to help me get through it?
If you're going purely for a speed run, I'd run with the following:

- Charizard/Venusaur/Blastoise
- Gyarados [Surf, Waterfall]
- Dugtrio [Cut]
- Snorlax [Strength]
- Raichu [Flash, Rock Smash]
- Fearow [Fly]

They're all fairly easy to obtain and maintain a decent level of coverage and strength while getting you through the game as fast as possible.

I've got an x/31/31/x/x/31 (speed last) Adamant Bagon with Dragon Dance. Assuming I want to use an Adamant nature, what is a typical EV spread for a DD Salamence? I would just search for some RMTs, except that the search appears to be broken right now.

in general you want enough speed to beat jolly/timid aero/jolteon, so you want 264 speed. i like 270+ to beat adamant hera in adv

so 112 for 264, 136+ for 270+

Ok, I have been looking all over, but can't find this. Whats the Base Power of Flail / Revenge at what HP? I need either a table like:

HP 1 = Base 200 Power
HP 2 = Base 100 Power

or something similar. I need to know quickly before I re-breed for a Flail Dodrio.

Also can Dodrio have both Quick Attack and Flail? If so, what do I need to breed it with to get both? My books aren't freakin' helping me either.

well its not a combo at all, endeavor sceptile just subs until it drops to 1hp then use endeavor. Hopefully, if the guy you're faceing is not that that smart, he wont send out a poke with quickattack/tar etc
so yeah, if youre lucky, you'll be subbing against a special wall and killing it.

I've got an x/31/31/x/x/31 (speed last) Adamant Bagon with Dragon Dance. Assuming I want to use an Adamant nature, what is a typical EV spread for a DD Salamence? I would just search for some RMTs, except that the search appears to be broken right now.
if it for in-game ( battle frontier ) i would just max out the attack / speed.
but if youre using it for wifi, just go for atlest 271 speed so it outspeeds 394ers after one dd

quick breeding question...
iam breeding a bold blissey and was wondering how i go about it.

blissey
bold
ice beam
aromatheary
sesmictoss
softboil

I need a move set of a Tyranitar that doesn't have any egg moves, if that's at all possible to make a good one. I am going with the really good Larvitar I hatched in Mary's Emerald with Dawn's Larvitar girl.

Help! I can't release a sharpedo in my Emerald o.O

It says like this:
SHARPEDO was released.
... ... ...!
SHARPEDO came back!
Was it worried about you?
Why can't I release it? X__X

quick breeding question...
iam breeding a bold blissey and was wondering how i go about it.

blissey
bold
ice beam
aromatheary
sesmictoss
softboil
Roselia with Aromatherapy + Chansey = Chansey with Aromatherapy and Seismic Toss is an emerald tutor move.
I need a move set of a Tyranitar that doesn't have any egg moves, if that's at all possible to make a good one. I am going with the really good Larvitar I hatched in Mary's Emerald with Dawn's Larvitar girl.
What nature is it? Crunch, Rock Slide, Earthquake, and Fire Blast is decent.
whats a good curse regice moveset/spread
Regice @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Atk / 56 Def / 16 SDef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Curse
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Ice Beam

Larvitar post: Thx Ace. That looks really good. I am thinking of putting into my Diamond once I get the National Dex.
It's Adamant Natured, which surprised me, and surprised me even more when the person at Battle Tower said it's very well bred or something.

I will check it's exact EVs when I can get the Rare Candies.

I have a new question: I am having trouble with the Elite 4, especially the Ghost one. What's the best Poke right now to face it? I am going to try sending out a Modest Sharpedo to Crunch those jerkasses. I hate that they abuse Pressure with the first Dusclops, and was thinking, what would be the best way to stop it from constantly doing that, other than KOing it right away, which none of my Pokes can do currently. Or can Sharpedo Crunch KO that thing within 2 hits?

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Question: I want to dl mIRC into my new lap top...if I dl the new version, will I have to pay? Also, have a link for registering an account for irc?

Does Belly Drum go with Hidden Power (Sp.Att)? This Damage Calculator is saying it does... I think it's wrong though since CM worked with HP Dark.

Also is this good?

Tentacruel @ Leftovers
Liquid Ooze
Hasty Nature
EVs: 100 Att / 156 Sp.Att / 252 Speed
~Swords Dance
~Sludge Bomb
~Hidden Power [Ghost]
~Ice Beam

156 Sp.A makes sure Ice Beam OHKOs Salamence, HP Ghost gives full 31 IV Speed to outrun it, and OHKOs Gengar after a SD.
Sludge Bomb is STAB and hurts a lot of things for Neutral.
Liquid Ooze was great for Sub-Seeders(it hurt them bad).

I am making a UU team and want to see if this is good. Also going to breed for one of these in my Emerald soon.

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Question: I want to dl mIRC into my new lap top...if I dl the new version, will I have to pay? Also, have a link for registering an account for irc?
not really a question for this thread but no, mIRC is free. to register a dejatoons account just use /msg nickserv register when on irc.dejatoons.ent

Does Belly Drum go with Hidden Power (Sp.Att)? This Damage Calculator is saying it does... I think it's wrong though since CM worked with HP Dark.
ADV hidden power works differently to D/P - in ADV, a special type uses SAtk and a physical type uses Att. The physical types are Normal, Fighting, Ghost, Ground, Rock, Steel, Flying, Poison, Bug - Special types are Electric, Grass, Water, Fire, Dark, Psychic, Ice, Dragon.

Also is this good?

Tentacruel @ Leftovers
Liquid Ooze
Hasty Nature
EVs: 100 Att / 156 Sp.Att / 252 Speed
~Swords Dance
~Sludge Bomb
~Hidden Power [Ghost]
~Ice Beam

156 Sp.A makes sure Ice Beam OHKOs Salamence, HP Ghost gives full 31 IV Speed to outrun it, and OHKOs Gengar after a SD.
Sludge Bomb is STAB and hurts a lot of things for Neutral.
Liquid Ooze was great for Sub-Seeders(it hurt them bad).

I am making a UU team and want to see if this is good. Also going to breed for one of these in my Emerald soon.
If you're making a UU team why are you worrying about Salamence and Gengar?
HP Ghost isn't great, use Ground to get around electrics
Ice Beam doesn't get STAB - use surf - or hydro pump if you want the extra power.
252 speed EVs is unecessary - aim for 319 total
210 SpAtk EVs is generally enough to take out walls like aggron/gligar/solrock with hydro pump - put the rest in attack
clear body is much more useful than liquid ooze especially when you're using swords dance

I basically want to be able to handle both UU and OU with my Pokes that I am getting. Especially since I love taking Pokemon my friends consider horribly weak and destroying them with those Pokes.

I will check that in a bit, but for now, I have to go to sleep.
Thanks for the advice man.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)