Simple Questions & Simple Answers & General Resources (OU Edition) MK II

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
What's a decent counter to most versions of Jirachi?

I play a Rain team so I'm looking for a way to deal with Jirachi easily. The big issues are that 1) I play Rain so Fire moves are super weak and 2) Jirachi is often Specially defensive so Physical moves work better.

I'm considering Gliscor at this point, but I'm unsure if there are better alternatives.

My team atm:

Specs Politoed, Scarf Keldeo, Scarf Latios (Trick + 3 moves), LO SD Scizor, Sub/Bulk Toxicroak, and Rest/Rocks/Gyro/Whip Ferrothorn.
The best offensive answer for Jirachi is certainly Garchomp. He doesn't fear most moves of the most popular sets (the SubCM and the SpD set), outspeeds and OHKOes with a LO EQ.

As for general counters the best around are Gastrodon and SpD Hippowdon, as they both wall Jirachi's most popular sets. Just make sure to put Earthquake on Gastrodon, so that you can brak its Sub even after a few Calm Minds.

Finally, using a Ferrothorn with 196 Atk EVs and Bulldoze is also an option, which allows Ferrothorn to counter its most popular sets. The Atk EVs are used to always break Jirachi's sub.

Thanks for the answers for my last question.

What are some good teammates for Sash Alakazam and Sheer Force Landorus? I'm aiming for a more balance team so bulky and defensive pokes are prefered.

What are some good teammates for Sash Alakazam and Sheer Force Landorus? I'm aiming for a more balance team so bulky and defensive pokes are prefered.
Tyranitar+Scizor take out Lati@s and Celebi, can attack on the physical side to complement your special attackers and resist ice, dark and ghost.
Slap in a reliable water resist and a scarfer to complete the team.

Those two are begging for Tyranitar. Which for the former can pick off fast and frail scarfers with Pursuit, and the latter getting that Sand Force into play.
Zam will also enjoy the removing of special blobs (Blissey,Chansey), so that help can range from a variety of Physical beasts, like Lucario or Conkeldurr. Another Teamate to keep in mind, is Jellicent. Since it resists or is immune to all priority moves (Except the uncommon shadow sneak) which all annoy Alakazam.

-Not trying to create a sand team for you, but stuff to keep in mind.
Hope I helped and good luck!

But then... what should be my goal when teambuilding? Checking as many Pokemon as possible with the Pokemon I'm using?
As many relevant pokemon as possible**

For example Breloom should be one of the first things you need to think about dealing with but Bisharp would probably be one of the last.

I remember sweeping unprepared teams with hurricane moltres in rain because well.. most teams weren't designed for that.. but then Tornadus-T got popular and hence specially defensive Jirachi was everywhere.

Some threats are incredibly important that you are able to deal with. For example its not uncommon for a team to have a glaring weakness to gengar considering its a pokemon often capable of going 2 for 1, etc.

Thanks for the answers to my last question! I want to use defensive nidoqueen on my hail stall team due to its coolness and its ability to mess with and wall terrakion, which loves to kill hail teams. I need to give it both stealth rock and toxic spikes, and blizzard is useful since it takes advantage of the hail. I need to decide between flamethrower and earth power: which one, generally, should it use in a case like this?

Thanks for the answers to my last question! I want to use defensive nidoqueen on my hail stall team due to its coolness and its ability to mess with and wall terrakion, which loves to kill hail teams. I need to give it both stealth rock and toxic spikes, and blizzard is useful since it takes advantage of the hail. I need to decide between flamethrower and earth power: which one, generally, should it use in a case like this?
Earth Power. You get STAB on it plus you're gonna be worrying about Tyranitar, Ninetales, Heatran, Tentacruel and others on a hail team.
Flamethrower doesn't do much for you.. Ferrothorn can be dealt with in other ways and Bronzong is rare. Everything else gets hit just fine by Blizzard+Earth Power or walls Flamethrower anyway.

I'd go with Earth Power for a few reasons, chief among them being it's your stab and will probably be your go to attack against most things. It's also better against rain, and you won't always have hail up so being able to combat rain is pretty big, as well as preventing Water-types from walling you. Anything you'd want flamethrower for aside from Forretress and Scizor can generally be hit harder by Blizzard anyway.

I don't know why you need toxic spikes on Nidoqueen to be honest, in this metagame they are pretty crappy in my opinion. I would just not run them at all.

The choice is what is better for your team, is hitting tyranitar and terrakion or Scizor and Ferrothorn more important, what are the other members of your team.

Also, in my experience with Nindoqueen earthquake > earth power any day to hit Tyranitar and Terrakion harder, which is why you have it in the first place, the main disadvantage is of course the speed drop that is needed to go mixed, but its worth the trade.

If Using Triple kick on Hitmontop with Wide Lens and Technican, what would the base power of each indivual kick be, and the accuarcy of the moves, since each kick is counted as a seprate attack?

First, yes, each kick is powered up by Technician - that's why Tech Bullet Seed from Breloom is that strong. Triple Kick? Not so much, because each hit is only 15 strong. A Mach Punch is stronger.

Wide Lens increases the accuracy by 10% of the given accuracy. The accuracy of Triple Kick is 90, so the result is 99.

It said in the description, that the 1st 10, 2nd 20, and the 3rd 30, so a collective total of 6o, but with tech, what would the new collective total be?

Just multiply with 1.5. That would be 15, 30, 45. In therory, you would have 90, but remember that it can miss inbetween the moves execution; your overall accuracy for hitting with every move with Wide Lens would be 97%, or 73% without.

Specify "similar role": If you have meant "fast spiker", then there is Deoxys-D. If you have meant "spin blocker", then there is Golurk. In combination, no.

It depends on what you mean by 'similar role to Froslass'. If you mean a pokemon that can set up hazards and spinblock, you can use Golurk. If you mean something else, I dunno.

what i mean is someone who can set up hazards, yet spin block. but im guessing no one has that same speed, role, and access to destiny bond.

thanks for the help! :)

just reading the thead...why is toxic spikes bad in the metagame?
Because when you are trying to pass some status around such as Burns, Paralysis or even sleep Toxic Spikes hinder that since Pokes are poisoned upon switching in. Plus Pokemon like Venusuar and Tentacruel can switch in and get rid of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)