Smeargle's Studio General Thread: Spriting and Banners go here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely amazing concept, I'm ashamed of my uninspired Hydreigon dude.
Anyhow, the Absol helmet looks pretty weird-- it doesn't fit on the head. Can you flip it? If not, maybe move the whole helmet a pixel to left?

On a completely unrelated note, here's a Grass/Ghost jack-o-lantern fakemon!

The eye is like Duskull's-- singular and floating and glowing inside the head. Like how a flame should be in a jack-o-whatever.
It's going to get a scarecrow evolution but I haven't sprited that one yet.

Any C&C on my Farfecht'd trainer.
Have you tried to remove the eyes from the Farfetch'd Cap? That'd help it look more like a Cap, and less like a Farfetch'd head simply attached to him.

@Todris - You have a great sprite, but the eyes are nearly invisable, and the moustache could use a bit of straightening. :/

Looks cute ICC! Wish I could have scratching skills.... Then again, I'm a freshman in high school so I have a long way to go with the arts! Great job man. You're making smeargle's studion proud.

@ToastTyrant: As I said in the WSC Megathread, One eye is covered by the helmet, and the other looks like Absol's. I was thinking about replacing the mustache with a small mouth, so he'll look more sad and serious than a jolly psycho murderer.

Toast said:
The only thing I see is a slight bump / jump in pixels near the bottom-right portion of the spike on top.
Many thanks! It's true, I noticed that bump too, but it's near impossible to fix it. Look:

Now the spike just looks oddly symmetrical. Don't know what to do about it :(

Many thanks! It's true, I noticed that bump too, but it's near impossible to fix it. Look:

Now the spike just looks oddly symmetrical. Don't know what to do about it :(
Well, how about if ya' did something a little bit like this?

Keeps the point, while also being slightly more anatomicly correct. :3

hey saw the interest in the trainer sprites the past couple of days and i was curious if anyone would humor me with a shiny Gallade Trainer?

Looks good ICC, though I kind of feel the head might be a bit flat? Not really sure how to fix it because I'm not sure how it would look with more highlighting and I'm pretty sure you can't add more shading. /shrug!

Anyway, here's my half arsed entry for the WSC this week. Hoping someone can guess what pokemon it's based on without being told. C&C would be great. :O

elcheeso said:
Looks good ICC, though I kind of feel the head might be a bit flat? Not really sure how to fix it because I'm not sure how it would look with more highlighting and I'm pretty sure you can't add more shading. /shrug!
My thoughts exactly. Ah well /shrug
cheese said:
I couldn't tell, though I thought it resembled this fusion from Aragornbird.
...but I saw the answer when quoting the image.
That said, I think the angry eyes don't fit. Make it bigger and cutesier?

Okay, Probaly the final version of Creepy Disaster Fortune-Teller Absol-Man. Looks a lot better without that jolly stache-smile.

choc said:
ERALYRKL CUTE
choc said:
TYPIGN EVREY EXCTIEDLLY
Good shit, smiled when I read it

The sprites are great, they look very light though which is probably fitting for a ghost type, but not like the games' style if you're aiming for that. Reminds me of Albinoloon's dex.

Ok so you removed the comment for some reason. Now this post looks awkward.

The sprites are great, they look very light though which is probably fitting for a ghost type, but not like the games' style if you're aiming for that. Reminds me of Albinoloon's dex.
While being as close to an "accurate sprite" as possible would be good, I kinda' want the sprites I do to be a bit different. You know, uniqueness and junk.

I'm thinking of spriting her Baby-Panda Grass starter, but idk when I'll be able to do it since today's my last day of summer, and I still have summer homework to finish. >_>

i can't tell if that's meant to look like a condom or... not (the second stage obviously)

if it was i'm gonna look like a dumbass

i mean that in a good way of course though! they're both really good

THX U GAIZ 4 DISIN MA FAKMON:'(

no but seriously lol it hardly looked like a condom the second design does actually look better though imo

and I have nothing to show right now whoops

Lol@the above. Anyway, unrelated to condoms, who wants to tell me which trainer sprite is best? I think this is a dud week for me, but meh. I fail at trainers. ;-;

#2 is simple and cute, but if only the dress was larger (which I assume is not possible). The egg pattern can hardly be seen.

Below: Much better. Not explosive like your usual sprites but it'll get votes for cuteness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)