Smeargle's Studio General Thread: Spriting and Banners go here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I have an exploding Koffing? Make it as large as possible please!
How's this:

I can make it bigger, just tell me by how much so I don't over/under do it. Hopefully I understood what you were asking, if there is anything you want changed please let me know! :)

Would I be able to get a Sprite done here? I was hoping for a Lucario, who is holding this sword
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh64/Balthier_Bunanza/Figureren_Lionheart.jpg
with him holding it across his shoulder with his back to the viewer, looking back so you can see one eye? perhaps with this coloring?
Credit to SimonSays*

Also if I could get a trainer sprite of this http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/16097/337182-100498_super.jpg
that'd be grand.

He should have a straight back with his arms crossed in front of his chest. The hood down revealing dark brown eyes, somewhat longer blue-black hair, either in a pony-tail, or flowing elegantly down, the face should have a royal, elegant look to it, other than that just more serious that most would be, not frowning but not smiling either, a passive expression. hopefully someone will take time out of their day to do these. thanks in advance!

Just showing these cause they hadnt been seen yet.

I boasted on /vp/ so i had to prove myself. I think I did
Oh Doran you monstrous son of a pro you

For the final evo of your peacock, the tail looks a bit shorter on the back sprite than the front. I know it's for spriting conveniences, but still...
Shauntal's pen looks a bit small - was it like that already in the official art?
Other than that, I don't have a freaking thing to say, and you would be a real fool to expect me to.

its not a peacock, its a turkey. I could try to make that bigger, i was just being lazy on that back sprite. For the shauntal, i used the versus sprite you see when you fight her, so the pen was already like that. i was afraid the body was too small in comparison to the head and stuff.

Psychotic

Banned deucer.

I really would appreciate some input on this banner I made, I suck at Photoshop and I had to go through like 5 tutorials to even begin to get the hang of it, so it took me like 6 hours to make. Anyway, would you click on this banner if you saw it as a signature? I like the way it came out, but I don't know what other people think, thats why I'm posting it here.

To Raikou00 and PsYch071c:

Those banners look awesome. Very well done in my opinion as I am horrible when it comes to making banners.

I like the texture in the Keldeo one and the colours blend in nicely with it's design.

For the #Genvuu Challenges, I can't really find much that's a prob with it. The only thing that I will say is that Darmanitan's left eyebrow seems a little too close to the C in the title. I like how you gave each pokemon a soft highlight and the backgrounds look lovely too. They feel straightforward, but complicated enough to catch a viewers eye and be pleasing to the eye.

Wow, it's been awhile since I posted anything. I wish I had more...

Dratini in an Ekans disguise. I feel like the rattle isn't big enough, but I thought it looked odd when I tried to expand it so I just left it as is.

The first trainer sprite I've actually been happy with.

EDIT: As per Classical's request,

I finally made an alright sprite-me.

Any thoughts on how I could improve it? Something about the (our) right leg looks off to me...

If you're wondering, the body is a modified BW2 Steven (removed arm bracelets, made him less slim, recoloured obviously). The Head is some rich boy, also with a few pixels added to make his slightly face rounder, and then I added hair spikes which I modified from Grimsley.

Sup people I love your work you guys <3. I just want to know if anyone can make me a Lugia Banner with Mylo as the Text. Thanks in advance :)

First off, Doran Dragon.

LOVE the difference between the two. The bottom one is so awesome, and if that were to be one of the pokemon you could find early on in the actual games, I would buy it without hesitation. Although I do have one question concerning the improved one. Is that red thing supposed to be it's tongue?

@Mylo: I'll see what I can do for you. I'll try and get it done ASAP, k?

the red thing near the eye is actually, dried blood or toxins or something. it's based off the horny lizard, a lizard who's defenses include shooting blood out of it's eyes, and yeah, its going to be available early, as it evolves at level 27. They're both poison/ground as opposed to the poison/ground to poison/dragon before.

Hey artists and especially spriters on smeargle's studio! As you may or may not have heard there's a bunch of enemies used for Pokewood/Pokestar Studios in BW2 that have BST/ability/typing/movepool, and can be encountered by hacking into the game. I'd really like to implement them on Showdown at some point (heck, they're more legit than most CAPs), and most importantly, beyond hacking out all the data we can from the game, this would require backsprites for all these Pokemon.

Their frontsprites can all be found on this page: http://sprites.pokecheck.org/?other . The new "pokemon" are starting with the cascoon looking ufo thing, and ending with the bowtie smeargle. So I'm looking for someone interested in making some backsprites (animated preferred but not needed) of all or some of these Pokemon. Perhaps let's make this fun by seeing who can make the most anticipated backsprite of BW2 for a Pokemon you didn't know about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)