Smeargle's Studio General Thread: Spriting and Banners go here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for the hat, try scratching it :). It's good practice. It looks good besides the hat like you said. The tail looks a bit odd though.

Lol everyone's starting Dexes. I think I may start a Dunsparce Dex...in due time, in due time.

@ Alch, try saving your sprites as PNG instead of GIF, thats why the tail on wob looks so strange.

A few fakemon sprites I have done recently:

plump pokemon

hotdog pokemon
Instinct pokemon
comet pokemon

All scratch, enjoy!

Also, a quick cherry sprite:

Assassin first you save it somewhere, by right clicking then pressing save as, then go to "User CP".
From there, you click "edit avatar" other the section "settings and options" on the left side.
Once you've clicked it, you should see the button saying "browse". Well, click and it and find your avatar, then once you've found it and back to the screen where you can browse again, press "Save Changes".

For flamestrike...

I take no credit for this.

I posted this up in the WSC thread but I wanted to get some feedback. Since they still have not answered the question about editing, it would be purely for constructive criticism.

So how do you guys like the water type Flygon. The head and tail were scratched, I removed the wings, and recolored it into a more watery color scheme.

Nice Fakemon Dragonz, pretty neat ideas you have there - especially the comet.

That's pretty good SEO, but when you scratched the head and tail you used pure black only. Make sure your outline is correct with the shading, meaning you should have dark blue where the light is shining, and then black where the light source isn't hitting it.

While we're on the C+C subject, could someone give me some on this Psychic retype I did on Metapod?

Dragonzrule, there's one issue with your sprites for me, but it might just be a style thing - all your sprites look sort of, well, plastic. I can imagine them as a figurines, but not as living beings. Perhpas try using some darker colours and/or less contrast?

Sorry, guys, I put my Dragonite scratch on hold to work on my WSC entry...which is still only halfway done. ._. I hope it's done tomorrow so I can work more on the Draggy, too.

@Alchemator- Try fixing the jagged line on the hat into a smoother curve, and I think it'll look much better.

Man I wanna make a game with that cherry in it.
You could be a smiley face with a gun, shooting fruits. Other fruits could be like Pineapple, apple, lemon, orange, apple being a basic one, pineapple exploding when destroyed potentially leaving behind a secondary weapon of pineapple bomb, a timer bomb, chery being basic, leaving behind cherry grenades sometimes, lemon sometimes leaving behind lemon boomerang, orange taking two shots. Man itd be so cool.

@Dragon: Very good.

@Seo: The tail gets too big to quickly.

@Fuzz: I don't mind. But you'd better have one heck of a good WSC entry. I command it.

I need to finish Deovire and my WSC entry (which, BTW is a fire type clefable. It's pretty epic).

Hello all,
I've been a lurker on smogon for quite some time now, and this thread has inspired me to try my hand at spriting
Before I post any, i need a little help with the whole...putting the pictures in the posts thing lol. If i've uploaded to photobucket, which URL do i enter after pressing insert image? thanks in advance for any help offered

@hue, you would want right click the image and copy the picture itself for this board. Most other boards you would want to use the ones with the tags. (except without the *'s)

@ Mastadi, I see what you mean, but I think its the highlights, not the colors. The only one's that are supposed to look that way are the hotdogs, since hotdogs have a smooth casing. I'll fix the others now though.

Furnace pokemon

I also editted the sprites, they should look less plastic. (refresh if they look the same)

In case that wasn't enough, I took a quick screenshot.

Just copy the thing circled in red (right click, select "copy", or press CTRL and C and the same time) to your post and the image should show up.

Alright, thanks, i will give that a that a try.
So i've made three mixes thus far tonight, C&C greatly appreciated, and i realize that the difficulty level associated with these is next to none, but if all goes well i'll try some more challenging recolours or mixes later
In the order in which they were created

Teddiursola:

Glatang:

Clawcario:

*prays that they work*
I'm happy with how they turned out for my first try(s), but i do think that the right claw (lucario's left) needs some shading work to give it the right depth. Again, thanks in advance for any comments or suggestions
and thank you 1337ness, i def needed that screenshot to figure it out

You have to upload the images to an image sharing site like photobucket (I recommed this), imageshack, or whatever. Then you can use the IMG tags.

IMG tags don't upload from your computer.

Yeah, you have to upload it to an image sharing site like Photobucket.

Could I please get some C+C on mah Metapod? I need to know what to improve on next time.

Alright, thanks, i will give that a that a try.
So i've made three mixes thus far tonight, C&C greatly appreciated, and i realize that the difficulty level associated with these is next to none, but if all goes well i'll try some more challenging recolours or mixes later
In the order in which they were created

Teddiursola:
<sprite>

Glatang:
<sprite>

Clawcario:
<sprite>
*prays that they work*
I'm happy with how they turned out for my first try(s), but i do think that the right claw (lucario's left) needs some shading work to give it the right depth. Again, thanks in advance for any comments or suggestions
and thank you 1337ness, i def needed that screenshot to figure it out
You're welcome.

Anyway, for the record, they're not technically fusions, you're just adding parts along with recoloring ('cept for clawcario). Generally fusions like something like the base pokemon, but they should have markings/patterns and whatnot of the pokemon you're fusing to it.

They're all good. Clawcario's claws fit very nicely. The only problem with any of them that I can see is Glatang's left arm (right from his point of view) has too thin of a connection.

Yeah, you have to upload it to an image sharing site like Photobucket.

Could I please get some C+C on mah Metapod? I need to know what to improve on next time.

<sprite>
Well, the only thing that makes it look like a psychic type is the aura (and partly the colors). You could probably add more parts to make it look more psychic-ish.

@ Chaos669, The metapod looks good, but there is some black under its "nose" that looks out of place. I would either add some black outline to some of the other lines in the sprite or get rid of the black. The circles around it are out of perspective from metapod's angle, they should be in more of a vertical oval instead of a circle.

As one of the judges I say we shouldn't be allowed to edit our entries. People who hastily entered their entries (like I did) will just have to learn to take more time to perfect it has much as possible before submitting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)