Smeargle's Studio General Thread: Spriting and Banners go here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude I LOVE the names sets, and stats! Thanks man! :)

@Magikarp- my region's sprites' sizes are supposed to be more varied than pokemon's, but yeah, I would do them a little bigger if I were doing b/w sprites.

Here's Mormid! :)
Hope it's OK!

@Tyrant- Btw, I got the worm from a bug/grd concept with stats a lot like Meatle's. Since we think sorta the same, wanna design the stats and/or help me with concepts?

EDIT: On the claw sharpener set, I would ude black sludge instead of the toxic orb, just me. :/

EDIT2:Added Meatle

Dude I LOVE the names sets, and stats! Thanks man! :)

@Magikarp- my region's sprites' sizes are supposed to be more varied than pokemon's, but yeah, I would do them a little bigger if I were doing b/w sprites.

Here's Mormid! :)
Hope it's OK!

@Tyrant- Btw, I got the worm from a bug/grd concept with stats a lot like Meatle's. Since we think sorta the same, wanna design the stats and/or help me with concepts?

EDIT: On the claw sharpener set, I would ude black sludge instead of the toxic orb, just me. :/
Sure! But the only reason I didn't use Black Sludge was because Trick...oh.XD

Anyway, that'd be great.

For the Mormid, the tail spike looks a little offset. Perhaps rotate it to our left slightly to align more with the body? Great coloring though. Perhaps on the third evo we add a purple shell to give it a bright color? Similar to the contrast between Rhyperiors red armor to his brown-ish body?

Well, I'll be back later. I'm gonna' be out for a while, but I won't be gone long. Good progress though.

Edit: Quick before I leave.

OOH! MEATLE! Beutiful. That's exactly what I thought it was gonna' look like. Perhaps just a smidge of purple though,I.D.K. Sweet! Well, gotta go

You mean like this-
Hope it's decent

EDIT: What is this and how did it get here? lol
Where should I go with it?

EDIT2: Too late! lol Made the evo. I have LOTS of free time. :D
I hope they're all ok, if not please tell me! :) All praise or criticism is greatly appriciated! :)

EDIT3: Nagabe added. *sigh....*

Yes, perfect coloring!

Those purple guys are indeed good, but they seem a little...wierd. Are they poison/water? I like the concept though. Toxish and Fisludge. Hmm...I need a better name for the last one.

Hmm. Normal/Electric? Seems to be a fungi or parasite. Viroom? Like a Virus+Mushroom? I like it.

Mushrus seems better. :B I'd think Dark/Poison or Normal/Poison or something, I dunno.
I really love the bug line. :D
Those purple things are...weird. They look like Ditto's hellspawns, lol. I'm not sure what to think of them.

Mushrus seems better. :B I'd think Dark/Poison or Normal/Poison or something, I dunno.
I really love the bug line. :D
Those purple things are...weird. They look like Ditto's hellspawns, lol. I'm not sure what to think of them.
Electric/Poison with Levitate?

Does it have an evo? Perhaps an electicuted fungi/virus/awesome monster mushroom virus?

Mushrus evolves into...Fungoom? Like, Fungus+Doom.

Of course I wanted to save "Doominescent" for an awesome Jellyfish pokemon, but that's an excess in letters.

You said this is a new region, right? It seems awfully unsanitary...in a good, pokemon way.

Nurse Joy:"Welcome to *insert name of region*! Here we have a wide variety of beutiful pokemon, guranteed to make you sick. But they're still awesome pokemon!"

New trainer: "Well...geez...uhm...thanks? Well, it's better than where I live. We've got giant evil scorpions, big evil skunks, and walking roses"

XD Anyways, I forgot to tell you how much I love the water and grass starters! Do they have stats/movesets/secondary types/names yet?

OOH! Wait, let me see them real quick.

Foliarm. Hmm, looks fast. Well, you've got grass. The face and it's eyes makes it look like...Dark? Yes! The first Grass/Dark type. I see it using leaf blade rather than solar beam or leaf storms...physical potential indeed. Now, It looks like it'd be a bit bulky defensively, so this thing appears to have beutiful stats. A physical seeper to fear! Sorry, just had a thought overload. *Ehem!* Now, for the stats.

The Dark Forest Pokemon "It cautiosly sprints across the treetops of forests in search of a new nesting ground."

HP:65
Atk:130
Def:70
SpA:80
SpD:70
Spe:113

Overview~
Well, some people may be wondering"Isn't that TOO sweepish? Isn't that TOO awesome?" No. It may outspeed Gengar, but it loses the Starmie nonetheless. It's typing is also a leverage, since it's weak to priority and common types like fire/fighting. Either way, this thing is still a monster that is perfectly capable of sweeping. It has acces to Swords Dance, Butterfly Dance and great support moves like Sleep Powder, Toxic, Toxic Spikes, and Leech Seed. Besides Hi Jump Kick, Foliarm has alot of trouble against things like Skarmory, Nattorei, Forretress, and Scizor which basicly stop him unless you managed to get +6 with Swords Dance. It's most reliable dark STAB is Night Slash, also.

LO Sweeper @ Life Orb----------Night Slash and Hi Jump Kick for good coverage. Leaf Blade is pure power. Leech Seed for recovery.
Jolly 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
~Leaf Blade
~Night Slash
~Hi Jump Kick
~Leech Seed

Forest Knight @ Leftovers-----------Put them to sleep for an easy Swords Dance(s). The 4th move is a choice between Steels and Ghosts.
Jolly 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
~Swords Dance
~Sleep Powder
~Leaf Blade
~Hi Jump Kick/Night Slash

Forest Spirit @ Life Orb--------------Set up a B.D with good timing. Energy Ball and Dark Pulse for good STAB. HP Fire for coverage.
Modest 4 HP/ 252 SpA / 252 Spe
~Butterfly Dance
~Energy Ball
~Dark Pulse
~Hidden Power (Fire)

I didn't do a choice set since being locked into Grass/Fighting is never a good idea. Well, how do you like it?

Those purple things are LITERALLY the spawn of my boredom.

Wow, you really had fun with the stes and the stats! lol I already mad the stats and abilities, but you can still help me with them. My intentions aren't to make 137 copetitive monsters, but a more suttle region. The first gym is going to be a poision type, using "purple" and the meatle familyl and is kind of gangster-ish. I've drawn the region, but I'll edit it in paint. Thanks for the support and tyrant, when I read that nurse joy thing, I was rolling on the floor, laughing my head off.

@Tyrant: There has been a Grass/Dark type Pokemon, two actually. Shiftry and Nuzleaf. :P
@Albinoloon: I might want to help with the stats and movesets as well. We should definitely make a thread for your region with your sprites so we can discuss stats/moves.

Thanks. XD I did'nt know they aleady had stats. If you're bored, perhaps the legendaries of this region; like, the box covers?

OOH! A Grass/Dragon and a Poison/Dragon. The Natural Health pokemon and The Unnatural Disease pokemon.

@Kipp~Oh yeah! *facepalm* I can't believe I forgot that. XD. Well, the first OU Grass/Dark pokemon.

OK, It's decided; Thie thread will be added to smogon tomorow, don't expect anything fancy though. :P

@kipp- Sure, you can help! :D Any help is appreciated.

OK, It's decided; Thie thread will be added to smogon tomorow, don't expect anything fancy though. :P

@kipp- Sure, you can help! :D Any help is appreciated.

If Kipps gonna' help, who does what. Or do we just do what we do?

Well, welcome Kipp! :) As long as I get to do the Grass types. ;)

I really like that Lapras. C: The Chansey would be good if it weren't for the feet and the tail, in my opinion. The pouch and egg are also slightly flat.

I could help with movesets? And what moves are learned/how.

I really like that Lapras. C: The Chansey would be good if it weren't for the feet and the tail, in my opinion. The pouch and egg are also slightly flat.

I could help with movesets? And what moves are learned/how.

Sure. I'll help with concepts, revisions, Pokedex entries, stats, typing, or whatever Albinoloon wants me to do.

Thanks. XD I did'nt know they aleady had stats. If you're bored, perhaps the legendaries of this region; like, the box covers?

OOH! A Grass/Dragon and a Poison/Dragon. The Natural Health pokemon and The Unnatural Disease pokemon.

@Kipp~Oh yeah! *facepalm* I can't believe I forgot that. XD. Well, the first OU Grass/Dark pokemon.
you guys forgot cacturne

@Tyrant: Come on, butterfly dance and SD? Garchomp doesn't even get two epic boosting moves. Don't use leech seed on a sweeper as that requires it to stay in on the same pokemon for a while. I would recommend a mixed set with BD to boost its speed and special attack while also using its better attack stat.

And on the mealworm/beetle. Immunity is always outclassed by Poison Heal so you might as well give it poison point to give it a flavor ability through all three stages.

I still can't believe how good you are at scratching, Albinoloon, even though you dither a lot. (I've got no problems with that, but Gamefreak does)

@Tyrant: Come on, butterfly dance and SD? Garchomp doesn't even get two epic boosting moves. Don't use leech seed on a sweeper as that requires it to stay in on the same pokemon for a while. I would recommend a mixed set with BD to boost its speed and special attack while also using its better attack stat.

And on the mealworm/beetle. Immunity is always outclassed by Poison Heal so you might as well give it poison point to give it a flavor ability through all three stages.

I still can't believe how good you are at scratching, Albinoloon, even though you dither a lot. (I've got no problems with that, but Gamefreak does)
Well, consider its---

1. Troublesome competitive typing. X2 from Fire, Ice, Flying, Fighting. Then there's a X4 Bug weakness. It's only fair.

2. It's defenses and typing make it harder for it to set up. Infernape/Blaziken/Roobushin/etc. walk all over him with their STAB.

3. Come on. No one ever complained when Infernape got Swords Dance and Calm Mind... Why does everyone diss the Grass types?

4. Only things that help it set up are an inaccurate Sleep Powder and good timing.

Thanks! But about meatle, I'm trying to make this a bit more logical than competitive, but thanks anyway! :)

Well, consider its---

1. Troublesome competitive typing. X2 from Fire, Ice, Flying, Fighting. Then there's a X4 Bug weakness. It's only fair.
Replace fighting with dark and ghost and you have Celebi. Both dark and ghost have priority moves. Celebi is OU without the use of a +3 and a +2 boosting move.

2. It's defenses and typing make it harder for it to set up. Infernape/Blaziken/Roobushin/etc. walk all over him with their STAB.
65/70/70 isn't all that frail. It's also not going to be switching into any fighting poke that outspeeds it/has priority. That's what team preview is for, don't switch him in until their fighter(s) is gone.

3. Come on. No one ever complained when Infernape got Swords Dance and Calm Mind... Why does everyone diss the Grass types?
Because Infernape had no reliable way to set up a boost with the third most accurate sleep move AND butterfly boosts mixed sets (+ speed) and helps this guy's below average stats.

4. Only things that help it set up are an accurate Sleep Powder and one of the best boosting moves with another solid boosting move
Having counters is not a justification to have an awesome movepool. Doryuuzu doesn't have gear change with a justification that fighting types exist, nor does Garchomp have a terrible movepool because he has great typing.

New revamp:

Wow, that's pretty impressive! There's only one problem I see, and that's on the top of the right elbow, it seems like there's one pixel too many on the left. Good job if that's all I can criticize!

I've got a request because I'm no good with devamps. Is anybody here able to devamp both Meditite and Bronzor to a Crystal animation? If anybody can do that that would be extremely awesome and I would be indebted to you forever ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)