Smogon Grand Slam - Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

~~~Trophy Battalion~~~

This should be fun, NU should be great but I should probably learn the other tiers, whatever 9.9

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
no, animenagai, no. fuk ou

i suggest we really do it like the tennis Open. Have four brackets for each Open, amd the best players of each bracket compete with one another in the semi

no, animenagai, no. fuk ou

i suggest we really do it like the tennis Open. Have four brackets for each Open, amd the best players of each bracket compete with one another in the semi
I like the idea but how would you seed the individual players, would it be based on your rating in the tierat the time of the sign-ups for each open or would it be based on performances in other tourneys for that tier?

bojangles

IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
This is a great idea! We definitely want all the current tiers to be represented in tourneys :).

I suggest adding OU in here. The OU open will lure in a lot of players, and if they do well, that may lead them to learn the other tiers and compete in them.
"Let's add OU to the VGC tournament to attract more people."

I think you're sort of missing the point here.

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
I like the idea but how would you seed the individual players, would it be based on your rating in the tierat the time of the sign-ups for each open or would it be based on performances in other tourneys for that tier?
No seeding. Just random matchups

COME ON AND SLAM, AND WELCOME TO THE JAM

This looks to be a really fun series of tournaments, looking forward to it!

HEY YOU, WHATCHA GONNA DO

Psychotic

Banned deucer.
Thank god you agreed to tutor me in LC Ray Jay. Otherwise I would have no chance because of that tier alone.

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
As a singles overused-centric player with neither the knowledge of any of Smogon's other custom metagames nor the capacity to learn them, I find the idea of this tournament outrageous. Is this a joke? Another bad iconic thread as usual.

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
The Uber Open - Hosted by bojangles (August 13th)

OH MY GOD NO I'M IN USA FUCK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)