1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Info Hub for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. The Social Media forum has returned from the grave!
  4. Ever find yourself missing out on the latest Smogon articles? We've now got a subscription service, so the newest articles (of your choice) are delivered right to your inbox! Check it out here.

Smogon Premier League - Bidding (Everyone Else)

Discussion in 'Smogon Premier League' started by LonelyNess, Apr 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toshimelonhead

toshimelonhead Master of Coin
    is a Tiering Contributor

thanks B-lulz.
  2. Mr.E

Mr.E im the best
    is a Pre-Contributoris a defending SPL Champion

:happybrain:
  3. San_Pellegrino

San_Pellegrino the eternal dreamer
    is a Team Rater Alumnus

Anyone willing to expend their last few cents to buy me?
  4. Swords

Swords

Is SPL on Shoddy?
  5. Mr.378

Mr.378 The Iron Man of Ubers
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

No bids as expected.

Mission Accomplished!

Also, the logos do look rather nice.
  6. makiri

makiri My vast and supreme will shall be done!
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL and WCoP Champion

After my VGC win I've decided to hold out for a new long term contract with more money.

Show me the money Sonuis.
  7. lesalia

lesalia

too bad no one picked me
  8. Veteran In Love

Veteran In Love
    is a Past WCoP Championis the Smogon Tour Season 3 Championis the Smogon Tour Season 1 Champion

Did the rulemakers ever specify their stance on:

RBY - Wrap allowed?
    GSC - HP Legends allowed? Sleep Trapping allowed? Celebi allowed?
  9. skarm

skarm I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

You'd have been nothin' without my coaching.

You ain't go be a franchise player, son, because you ain't practicin'.
  10. Mekkah

Mekkah
    is a Super Moderatoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
    Super Moderator

VIL get on IRC please...
  11. Synre

Synre
    is a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

With the exception of HP Legends being allowed(which was changed to be the official policy, perhaps in light of the crazies in Wifi and the fact that rule was based on the improbability of acquiring them in-game), everything is the same as it was in the RBY and GSC tours, which I imagine can be looked up somewhere but I'm not completely sure where.

Hopefully rules are posted with Week 1...
  12. skarm

skarm I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

When are we expecting Week 1 to be up? I am feeling Classiest vs. Indie right now!!
  13. Aeolus

Aeolus Bag
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

The rules will be the same as Smogon Tour rules which can be found by looking at old threads in the Smogon Tour forum. The only change is that HP legends will be allowed in GSC.
  14. Bluewind

Bluewind My appearance, ability, and awesomeness strike fea
    is a Contributor Alumnus

I don't know if this has already been answered somewhere like in the introduction or in this very same thread, but will changes on the tiers be applied if they take place in the middle of the tournament?
  15. Heysup

Heysup Monsters are dangerous and kings are dying like flies.
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

I heard it was based on whatever is being used on the Ladder at the moment of the tournament.
  16. Folgorio

Folgorio I KickTehAss
    is a Past SPL Champion

Sorry if this has been answered, but is it going to be just one game per week?
    Or like one game per team every week? Also if it is one weekly, what order will the tiers be?
  17. Stone_Cold

Stone_Cold
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a defending World Cup of Pokemon champion

I used to be #1 on it, no wonder Fabbles had faith in me!
  18. Blue_Blur

Blue_Blur

I am from Nagasaki, because I not gonna sucky
  19. Mr.E

Mr.E im the best
    is a Pre-Contributoris a defending SPL Champion

yeah when the fuck are we getting pairings and RULES jesus fuck guys

RE: shitty rules

Abusing Wrap in RBY is inferior to just having better pokemon on your team. Dragonite is the only one that's even in the realm of usable (both because of Agility and because it's not completely terrible in its own right) and it's still not worth using over a real pokemon. It takes so long to whittle things down with Wrap that it's simply inevitable you'll eventually miss and the "strategy" will fail, kinda like how greedily attempting to boost to +6 slowly while Resting off 4HKOs gets you crit more often than you make it there. You're open to getting beat by prediction if you try to use Hyper Beam as a finisher (otherwise you're stuck Wrapping even longer and have to use a weaker finisher) and it's still hosed by Gengar anyway. That's not to mention the fact it takes good effort for Dragonite to get in an Agility unmolested, since every OU pokémon in RBY packs a sleep move, PAR move, or Body Slam. tl;dr :pirate:

Banning sleep trapping in GSC is pretty scrubby too. Can anyone explain to me how this even became a rule? Curselax shits all over GSC and we've never banned that. It'd be like we banned Skarmory and Blissey in DPP while Latias and Salamence are still terrorizing teams everywhere. Sure, they're annoying, but they're innocuous compared to the top threats in the metagame. It's not like we've shunned NYPC moves in general (hello Growth Jolteon, Lovely Kiss Nidoking and Snorlax), so that's also not an excuse here. It's a bad rule that shouldn't exist.

At least I was able to help push through abolishing the other bad rule... That's a start.
  20. Aeolus

Aeolus Bag
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Since the ruleset used throughout the history of the Smogon Tour was not static from season to season, I'm going to post the preferred RBY, GSC, and Advance rules here.

One change that I'm making to Smogon Tour rules for GSC and Advance is the removal of Freeze Clause to harmonize it with current practice for DP where similar mechanics prevail. Freeze Clause remains in effect for RBY for obvious reasons

RBY Rules (notice that wrap is allowed)

* No Mewtwo or Mew
    * No illegal movesets
    * No GSC Tradebacks
    * No OHKO moves (No Horn Drill, Fissure, or Guillotine)
    * No Evasion moves (No Double Team or Minimize)
    * Sleep Clause
    * Species Clause
    * Freeze Clause
    * No Self-KO allowed on last pokemon

GSC Rules (notice, HP legends and Sleep Trapping without Perish Song are allowed)

* No Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-oh, or Celebi
    * No illegal movesets
    * No OHKO moves (No Horn Drill, Fissure, or Guillotine)
    * No Evasion moves (No Double Team or Minimize)
    * Sleep Clause
    * Species Clause
    * No Self-KO allowed on last pokemon
    * No Sleep PERISH Trapping

Advance Rules
    No Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-oh, Wobbuffet/Wynaut, Latias, Latios, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Deoxys (all forms)
    No illegal movesets
    No OHKO moves (No Horn Drill, Fissure, Guillotine, or Sheer Cold)
    No Evasion moves (No Double Team or Minimize)
    Sleep Clause
    Species Clause
    XD moves WILL be allowed
    No Self-KO allowed on last pokemon
  21. Synre

Synre
    is a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

8 players for every team play every week.
  22. Aeolus

Aeolus Bag

I temporarily deleted my post because I'm considering a rule change. It will be reposted tonight.
  23. goofball

goofball
    is a Past WCoP Championwon the 4th Official Smogon Tournamentis the Smogon Tour Season 4 Champion

yay!
  24. Aeolus

Aeolus Bag

Ok i undeleted my earlier post where i indicated the preferred rules for the earlier generations. In some cases, the rules may differ from what is on the site... but I can't edit the site at this moment. I will do that when I get home later.
  25. Aeolus

Aeolus Bag

Looking at the rules on the site, it appears they only thing different is freeze clause. Freeze clause has been abandoned for all generations other than RBY... but that isn't a huge deal.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)