Smogon Premier League II - Week 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
was 6-4 up but started rushing cause I had to go lost gg

edit: Im sure I could've played it out differently but gg anyways lol

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I defeated mattj two games to one, despite the fact that he added his last two Pokemon to his team AFTER seeing all six of mine (and I have a screenshot to prove it).

locopoke

Banned deucer.
I defeated mattj two games to one, despite the fact that he added his last two Pokemon to his team AFTER seeing all six of mine (and I have a screenshot to prove it).
Official VGC Rules said:
Players may not enter a Pokémon nicknamed with the name of another Pokémon character (for example, a Lucario nicknamed "Spiritomb").

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Not only is reachzero's accusation not actually true, but reachzero actually broke a rule of VGC by naming his shiny Thundurus "Tornadus" (which actually affected how mattj played the match) in the first match, so technically he should have lost that first match by default.

(Willing to provide a log for proof)

It's true that that's a rule in the events, but it's not mentioned on the forums, and moreover, it's not mentioned in the actual SPL Rules under VGC. I think reachzero can be forgiven for not being aware of such a rule.

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Seven Deadly Sins is incorrect, I named my Thundurus "Torunerosu", which is a mere combination of letters and not the proper English name of any Pokemon.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Seven Deadly Sins is incorrect, I named my Thundurus "Torunerosu", which is a mere combination of letters and not the proper English name of any Pokemon.
You're right, that's not anything like the accepted name of a Pokemon at a-

http://veekun.com/dex/pokemon/torunerosu

OH SHIT

Wow, way to be an asshole. It's not like it's anything but obvious that it not only loosely breaks the rule but also directly breaks the intent of the rule (don't attempt to deceive your opponent by naming your pokemon after other pokemon), and implying that you're guiltless here is ridiculous.

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there
You're right, that's not anything like the accepted name of a Pokemon at a-

http://veekun.com/dex/pokemon/torunerosu

OH SHIT

Wow, way to be an asshole. It's not like it's anything but obvious that it not only loosely breaks the rule but also directly breaks the intent of the rule (don't attempt to deceive your opponent by naming your pokemon after other pokemon), and implying that you're guiltless here is ridiculous.
the VGC in Japan uses the kanji or whatever, due to character length - that is confirmed to NOT be the English name, so I'm not seeing a problem. In addition, if it were really a problem for mattj, he could just as easily have moused over the pokemon to see its typing, or memorize the sprites - each of the genies have distinct features.

Except there is no rule, SDS, since this isn't an irl VGC, it's a tournament with the rules clearly laid out on-site... There's no need to even get into these semantics 'cause there was no rule in the first place.

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
hi I would like to report my week 5 opponent JIBAKU for flagrant misconduct and upheaval of the rules...he nicknamed his arceus-ghost arceus-grass or arceus-grass arceus-ghost (see I forgot which one he actually used!) and the ramifications of such an act have adversely affected our team in an adverse way (see: snunch). I feel that the only acceptable decision here is to give me double points for my win, which might have never been realized thanks to JIBAKU's act of deception, and therefore the congregation of the classiest the win for that week.

I won in the best RBY game yet, gg man! Not b/c I won, just liked the minimal hax on each side. Thanks for the good game Carl.

Thats not hax, we all win and lose those i meant crits and paras. and notice the word minimal(4 50%s is like DPP).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)