1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Smogon Shoddy Server Statistics - January 2009

Discussion in 'Pokémetrics' started by DougJustDoug, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Malfunction

Malfunction

Thanks for your awesome work Doug! You sure deserve that Smogon award!
    Heatran is near top ten lead yay!
  2. Garganator

Garganator

I agree, ubers gets some love, which deserves ;). It's too enjoyable metagame to ignore it completely.

I knew it, that seeing much more Wobbufetts in Ubers wasn't coincidence - I saw last time much more of them and some of them used quite well. Yeah, Quagsire has more then 100 uses in Ubers, interesting;). And Parasect is also suprisingly high, but that warstory was more then enough to promote it I guess.

Salamence second - Somehow I'm not surprised. I'm quite surprised in low position of Chansey in UU, but I guess that people realised that Chansey is a really good set-up fodder for deadly sweepers. And Claydol being 13th... not bad ;). Anyway, thanks for stats Doug. Good job as always :D.
  3. Blue Kirby

Blue Kirby Never back down.
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL + WCoP Winner

Stickied for reference, as per usual.

I don't know how you keep managing to do it, but you've outdone yourself once again. Thanks so much for your hard work. :)
  4. Mattman324

Mattman324

Ya know, with all the stallrain running amok, it makes me wonder what happened to wall-rain. Was he murdered or something? Also, Yays first post!
  5. Zoro

Zoro

Changes in OU:

Leads:
    Metagross it the big winner I guess?

And Doug, thanks for these wonderful stats ^_^
  6. Matthew

Matthew I love weather; Sun for days
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Thanks SO much Thug.

Parasect is number 36.
    followed by Toxicroak with only 25 less battles.
    Primeape is 39 which I'm happy to see.
    but, I think Heracross(28)is still over shadowing him as a Darkrai counter.

This doesn't matter, all that matters is Parasect and all the other UU's actually got some action this month. Let's see it continue.

I'm so happy.

EDIT: God damn it Theorymon and your making Wobb extremely popular
  7. twash

twash
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Wow, Doug this is incredible. Thanks so much for this.
  8. A$AP DARKY

A$AP DARKY mfw i see alison brie
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Super Moderatoris a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Super Moderator

Jesus, Doug. This stuff is so fun to browse through.
  9. Mattman324

Mattman324

Hmm... (looks at 52, umbreon) Either baton pass is suddenly more viable, or my cousen gets on more than I think he does. (I can never catch him on the server.
  10. SkarmBlissFTW

SkarmBlissFTW

Scizor is still number one, thank god, but Salamence just might pass him this month. Unless ScarfLatias becomes popular...
  11. Theorymon

Theorymon You have a fever. I prescribe more dead angels.
    is a Smogon IRC SOPis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I seen several Wobbuffets switch in to scarf Darkrai's Dark void to beat it, but its not a good idea for a couple of reasons. First of all, many Scarfrais have started to trick first, as this beats Wobbuffet. Second of all, some Darkrai leads have focus sash. One of the great things about Wobbuffet is that he completly shuts Lugia down. if Lugia whirwinds, he gets encored, which often means he is tuck using roost or reflect. if Wobbuffet encores an attack, Wobbuffet will almost always kill Lugia, which can open some teams to a Rayquaza sweep.

I am aslo quite shocked at Heracross's usage, he is pretty much the best switch in to Dark Void in the game!

Edit:Wobbuffet doesn't like the rare trick specs lugia at all.
  12. charmander6000

charmander6000

For all the whining about Abomasnow I'm surprised it's only 23rd in UU. Chansey is also the only NFE pokemon that has a good chance at making UU. Funny since Porygon2 is almost OU yet is ignored here.

I've also noticed that UU is much more diveresed than OU. This month OU had 54 members while UU had 71. Of course this is the first month of testing so maybe the huge number shouldn't be a surprise.
  13. reachzero

reachzero the pastor of disaster
    is a Super Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

While Infernape certainly does look tempting looking at last month's OU numbers, it needs a partner to take out Latias for it to be able to do anything. Maybe CB Snorlax/Metagross/Scizor with Pursuit?

Edit: Doug never ceases to amaze....the partners stats are pretty awesome. Thanks!
  14. ToF

ToF
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 13 Champion

Excellent as usual Doug, thanks!

Salamence is no surprise, and neither is Infernape to be honest. Infernape basically beats most other common leads, so its spike in usage is probably a testament to its ability.

The only surprise was Magnezone to me as so low on suspect, as I thought it was used way more than the statistics indicate.
  15. eric the espeon

eric the espeon maybe I just misunderstood
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

*awed silence*

*massive smile*

And Doug managed to make the stats even better than before.. somehow.

Wow.. New UU is massively decentralised. Can't wait to see X-Act's tier list, wonder it it will have like 70~80 standards.

*goes back to reading stats*
  16. SHUCKLE MAN

SHUCKLE MAN

I'm sure UU will centralize slightly, but even then, I'm sure it'll have a large tier. Hopefully, when we start testing BL suspects, the number of OU UUs will increase even more! If it doesn't, I guess people will be less inclined to ban the Pokemon in question.
  17. reachzero

reachzero the pastor of disaster
    is a Super Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Does Rampardos at 71 in UU seem a little high to anyone else? More uses than Tauros, Camerupt, Rhydon, Jumpluff, Sharpedo, Lickylicky, Quagsire, Jynx and Banette? I would rather use any of those than Rampardos; Rampardos has poor typing, paper defenses, and only one good stat....
  18. mien

mien
    is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

Has nobody noticed the sudden rise in ammount of battles?

I mean it always has been around 250'000 and now suddenly 320'000 ,if my calculations are correct that's an increase of 28%

I wonder where all those users are comming from. I could understand a slight increase over the months because more WiFi players might be moving over to Shoddy. However that doesn't explain this insane rise
  19. SHUCKLE MAN

SHUCKLE MAN

Yeah, I'm a bit surprised by that too. It beating Rhydon especially, as I think Rhydon is a lot more useful than Rampardos personally. Poor Rhydon needs a break though. It's been OU all of RBY, GSC and the most part of Advance. I don't know why something that has Earthquakes as strong as Garchomp got an evolution in DP, but there you go...
  20. petrie911

petrie911

Tons of new pokemon get added to UU, and Steelix drops 1 place. Nice.

So, if we were to make a tier list out of this, where would the cutoff be for "Standard UU"?

Sub+Liechi+Rock Polish kicks the crap out of so many things, and its ability means it only needs Stone Edge+EQ for perfect netural coverage on everything bar Torterra. After the Rock Polish, it outspeeds neutral Scarf base 100s (probably the fastest things you'll see in UU) and +1 attack off 165 base hits very, very hard. Swords Dance and Choice sets can also be quite dangerous.
  21. Kagster123

Kagster123

These stats are really great Doug! Thanks!

Glad to see Jolteon getting more useage, its always been one of my favs. Also glad to see Alakazam rose a few spots rather then drop. :)
  22. Heysup

Heysup Monsters are dangerous and kings are dying like flies.
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

I lol'd.

Thanks alot Doug! But i have a question, do these statistics inlude any usage before the BLs were demoted to UU? If not, the statistics show that people did in fact test many many pokemon.

Rampardos' usage was probably all from me and people who read my RMT lol(it works i swear).
  23. cim

cim happiness is such hard work
    is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Doug, I love you. Thanks for doing what you do. These stats are like the best part of my month.

Perish Song Lapras and Hariyama is too low in New UU; both check more of the Top 15 than you'd think! Lapras also just says no to Milotic.
  24. SHUCKLE MAN

SHUCKLE MAN

I tried to calculate it, and I got Weezing to be the lowest used Pokemon in standard UU. So that would be 56 Pokemon, with Ninetales just missing the cut.

I probably did it wrong though. :0
  25. charmander6000

charmander6000

I got Rampardos (71st), the cut off line is the top 80% used right?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)