Smogon Shoddy Server Statistics - July 2010

Wait a second, if Rotom-A means all Rotom formes, how can Rotom-A be ranked in usage, along with Rotom-W, Rotom-H, so on and so forth?

Jumpluff isn't OU, and really isn't even that annoying in UU.
compared to breelom ? its annoying level cant compare

Hm.

Looks like people have forgotten how great Choice Band Garchomp used to be.

Shrang's new mission: Popularise Choice Specs Palkia. Seriously, why does no one use that thing?? He has the "I have Base 150 SpA Draco Meteor" to brag along with Dialga, but also has "I can 2HKO Blissey with a special move" to play with Kyogre. Seriously, he is the fusion of those two, and while Blissey can easily switch into Specs Dialga, she can't with Palkia, while Latias can't easily switch into Palkia when she can with Kyogre.
I actually agree with this
specs palkia in my opinion is THE specs user of uber tier and unless something really messed up (i actually see this as a good thing since it means it's something new rofl) comes up with BW, I don't see that changing...at all. the thing has soo much power, not to mention it can also abuse rain incredibly well due to STAB (not as much as kyogre but it also has draco meteor = kyogre + dialga imo)

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
Shrang's new mission: Popularise Choice Specs Palkia. Seriously, why does no one use that thing?? He has the "I have Base 150 SpA Draco Meteor" to brag along with Dialga, but also has "I can 2HKO Blissey with a special move" to play with Kyogre. Seriously, he is the fusion of those two, and while Blissey can easily switch into Specs Dialga, she can't with Palkia, while Latias can't easily switch into Palkia when she can with Kyogre.
Or you can just use Lustrous Orb and go, 'I can nearly OHKO Blissey and switch moves while still firing off incredibly powerful Surfs and Spacial Rends'. Especially after they switched their Latias into a Water Spout from Kyogre which turned out to be a Thunder Wave. Dialga does Specs better because it's easier to switch in and out due to its better defensive typing, and because it doesn't have dual STAB so doesn't benefit quite as much from switching moves.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Dialga does Specs better because it's easier to switch in and out due to its better defensive typing
Have fun being walled by Blissey?? You can't outspeed things like +0 Rayquaza either.

Waiting for new statistics... Expecting Heatran and Scizor to drop a bit, Lucario to rise a bit. And nothing else really... I'm not really good at predictions.

I can 2HKO Blissey with a special move
sorry if I am missing something here but how does this work

two full powered draco meteors doesn't do it... unless you mean specs hydro pump in the rain (which still doesn't 2hko wish blissey on average if you're timid, which you have to be to beat rayquaza)

Two Full Powered Draco Meteors (considering you use White Herb for 2x full power) do max. 50% in total. Kyogre Choice Specs Water Spout in Rain does 60% - 70% if you're Modest. Timid is minimum 54.8% so that's a 2HKO

I'm not getting the calculations what you are shrang...
how are you getting those numbers for specs palkia?

for me against a uber wisher blissy, a full powered, modest draco meteor did ~37% damage

blissey will be 2hko'd by modest hydro pump under rain and has a very high chance in doing so as well with timid though :/

Umm, Jumpluff is still allowed to be played in OU. Way to not notice wobbuffet on his list of annoying pokemon.
Way to not notice that Jumpluff isn't a good or annoying Pokémon really, and also way to not notice that Wobbuffet is Uber

And for you other people, Hobbers is using a White Herb which seems to be causing confusion

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
sorry if I am missing something here but how does this work

two full powered draco meteors doesn't do it... unless you mean specs hydro pump in the rain (which still doesn't 2hko wish blissey on average if you're timid, which you have to be to beat rayquaza)
Hydro Pump in the rain 2HKOs standard Blissey about 60% of the time with SR down if you're running Timid factoring in Leftovers.

oh I was taking into account Protect which makes the chance ~20% down from ~60%. still doesn't factor in the 64% Hydro Pump hit chance though :x

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Ok, so people are actually using Life Orb Aerodactyl now. Should get uphill, depending if people are Stone-Edge crazy.

Now if Scizor and ScarfRachi and Breloom and ScarfTrain usage can get a little higher, I can QC some sets successfully.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Even if we ignore how impractical a move like Hyper Beam is, Porygon-Z has way more problems than just Blissey, which is why it's now BL. Plus, Palkia is an Uber and has outrageous stats to signify it; that alone saves me the trouble of mentioning that it's way better at everything else.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Oh wow...I just noticed (and sorry if this has been mentioned before, I merely wanted to express my incredulity) that Scizor is used more often in Ubers than it is in OU, by a significant amount. Having recently started Ubers laddering, I really can't understand why this is; many of the top Ubers pokes resist one or both of its Steel/Bug STAB combo (Kyogre, Dialga, Palkia, Rayquaza, etc.), and ES Rayquaza seems to me to have a lot more usefulness if someone is looking for Priority help. On top of this, its not like Mew/Lati@s are used that often, and Mewtwo/Giratina don't really fear Pursuit all that much.

Just stunned that there could be a poke that is actually better in Ubers than it is in OU.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just stunned that there could be a poke that is actually better in Ubers than it is in OU.
Not true at all. It has to invest in so much special defense to be usable there that its damage output is actually pretty pathetic. It's used so often mostly because it pairs well with Kyogre, functioning as a make-shift cure to its Lati-itis, as well as something of a check to Mewtwo and Darkrai. This sounds very neat on paper, but it has a staggeringly huge amount of bad matchups to where I wouldn't use it at all on any other team. But then again, Kyogre being #1 alone justifies its usage, so I really can't say much against it.

Well, why don't you just use a physical attack and save the trouble? Blissey is hard special wall, but it doesn't have arena trap or something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)