1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Smogon Shoddy Server Statistics - July 2010

Discussion in 'Pokémetrics' started by DougJustDoug, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Zacchaeus

Zacchaeus
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Wait a second, if Rotom-A means all Rotom formes, how can Rotom-A be ranked in usage, along with Rotom-W, Rotom-H, so on and so forth?

Jumpluff isn't OU, and really isn't even that annoying in UU.
  2. Fatecrashers

Fatecrashers acta est fabula
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I'm guessing the same way as how Heatran's different sets can be ranked in usage, along with Heatran as a whole.
  3. JSND

JSND

compared to breelom ? its annoying level cant compare
  4. lordkira

lordkira

I actually agree with this
    specs palkia in my opinion is THE specs user of uber tier and unless something really messed up (i actually see this as a good thing since it means it's something new rofl) comes up with BW, I don't see that changing...at all. the thing has soo much power, not to mention it can also abuse rain incredibly well due to STAB (not as much as kyogre but it also has draco meteor = kyogre + dialga imo)
  5. reeebok

reeebok

Umm, Jumpluff is still allowed to be played in OU. Way to not notice wobbuffet on his list of annoying pokemon.
  6. Ice-eyes

Ice-eyes Simper Fi

Or you can just use Lustrous Orb and go, 'I can nearly OHKO Blissey and switch moves while still firing off incredibly powerful Surfs and Spacial Rends'. Especially after they switched their Latias into a Water Spout from Kyogre which turned out to be a Thunder Wave. Dialga does Specs better because it's easier to switch in and out due to its better defensive typing, and because it doesn't have dual STAB so doesn't benefit quite as much from switching moves.
  7. shrang

shrang Go to your room
    is a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderatoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Have fun being walled by Blissey?? You can't outspeed things like +0 Rayquaza either.
  8. calze6

calze6

I'm gonna try specs palkia some time. People need to stop using scarf kia and use haban kia too.
  9. yiran

yiran

Waiting for new statistics... Expecting Heatran and Scizor to drop a bit, Lucario to rise a bit. And nothing else really... I'm not really good at predictions.
  10. whistle

whistle
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

sorry if I am missing something here but how does this work

two full powered draco meteors doesn't do it... unless you mean specs hydro pump in the rain (which still doesn't 2hko wish blissey on average if you're timid, which you have to be to beat rayquaza)
  11. Hobbers

Hobbers

Two Full Powered Draco Meteors (considering you use White Herb for 2x full power) do max. 50% in total. Kyogre Choice Specs Water Spout in Rain does 60% - 70% if you're Modest. Timid is minimum 54.8% so that's a 2HKO
  12. Meru

Meru
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

Soo elaborate on how Specs Palkia 2HKOs Blissey when it doesn't learn Water Spout?
  13. lordkira

lordkira

I'm not getting the calculations what you are shrang...
    how are you getting those numbers for specs palkia?

for me against a uber wisher blissy, a full powered, modest draco meteor did ~37% damage

blissey will be 2hko'd by modest hydro pump under rain and has a very high chance in doing so as well with timid though :/
  14. Zacchaeus

Zacchaeus
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Way to not notice that Jumpluff isn't a good or annoying Pokémon really, and also way to not notice that Wobbuffet is Uber

And for you other people, Hobbers is using a White Herb which seems to be causing confusion
  15. lordkira

lordkira

even with a white herb
    i still don't get anywhere near 45+% with even modest draco meteor (specs obv)
  16. shrang

shrang Go to your room
    is a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderatoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Hydro Pump in the rain 2HKOs standard Blissey about 60% of the time with SR down if you're running Timid factoring in Leftovers.
  17. whistle

whistle
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

oh I was taking into account Protect which makes the chance ~20% down from ~60%. still doesn't factor in the 64% Hydro Pump hit chance though :x
  18. AccidentalGreed

AccidentalGreed "Smogon friends" is an oxymoron.
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

Ok, so people are actually using Life Orb Aerodactyl now. Should get uphill, depending if people are Stone-Edge crazy.

Now if Scizor and ScarfRachi and Breloom and ScarfTrain usage can get a little higher, I can QC some sets successfully.
  19. happy ham

happy ham

but guys, remember, porygonz with ONE TURN setup ohkoes blissey with hyper beam. -_-
  20. SJCrew

SJCrew Believer, going on a journey...
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Even if we ignore how impractical a move like Hyper Beam is, Porygon-Z has way more problems than just Blissey, which is why it's now BL. Plus, Palkia is an Uber and has outrageous stats to signify it; that alone saves me the trouble of mentioning that it's way better at everything else.
  21. UncleSam

UncleSam

Oh wow...I just noticed (and sorry if this has been mentioned before, I merely wanted to express my incredulity) that Scizor is used more often in Ubers than it is in OU, by a significant amount. Having recently started Ubers laddering, I really can't understand why this is; many of the top Ubers pokes resist one or both of its Steel/Bug STAB combo (Kyogre, Dialga, Palkia, Rayquaza, etc.), and ES Rayquaza seems to me to have a lot more usefulness if someone is looking for Priority help. On top of this, its not like Mew/Lati@s are used that often, and Mewtwo/Giratina don't really fear Pursuit all that much.

Just stunned that there could be a poke that is actually better in Ubers than it is in OU.
  22. SJCrew

SJCrew Believer, going on a journey...
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Not true at all. It has to invest in so much special defense to be usable there that its damage output is actually pretty pathetic. It's used so often mostly because it pairs well with Kyogre, functioning as a make-shift cure to its Lati-itis, as well as something of a check to Mewtwo and Darkrai. This sounds very neat on paper, but it has a staggeringly huge amount of bad matchups to where I wouldn't use it at all on any other team. But then again, Kyogre being #1 alone justifies its usage, so I really can't say much against it.
  23. shrang

shrang Go to your room

Palkia can OHKO Blissey without a turn of setup if need be... (GOGO FOCUS PUNCH or Rain boosted Aqua Tail)
  24. sharkz

sharkz

and palkia won't be a sitting duck after KOing Blissey, unlike P-Z.
  25. yiran

yiran

Well, why don't you just use a physical attack and save the trouble? Blissey is hard special wall, but it doesn't have arena trap or something.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)