Smogon Shoddy Server Statistics - July 2010

well Blissey isn't THAT major in Uber Metagame, since people are stronger mixed. by that, i mean they don't have crap stats for the bad attack stat like heracross or gengar, it is usable.

even if we ignore how impractical a move like Hyper Beam is, Porygon-Z has way more problems than just Blissey, which is why it's now BL. Plus, Palkia is an Uber and has outrageous stats to signify it; that alone saves me the trouble of mentioning that it's way better at everything else.
and palkia won't be a sitting duck after KOing Blissey, unlike P-Z.
joking. I was joking. No one uses hyper beam.

I used a life orb aero for a while. It was decent, but a lategame cleaner can NOT rely on a 70% accuracy move, especially if it dies instantly if it misses because it's frail.

I imagine that Blissey can't thrive that much in Ubers since there are so many beastly mixed attackers running around.

Delta 2777

Machampion
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 10 Champion
joking. I was joking. No one uses hyper beam.

I imagine that Blissey can't thrive that much in Ubers since there are so many beastly mixed attackers running around.
It's still a great switchin to non-full health ChoiceOgre, Palkia, Lati@s, Darkrai, Shaymin-S, and most Dialga. Pretty good imho.

EDIT:
Just stunned that there could be a poke that is actually better in Ubers than it is in OU.
That would be Forretress if anything, not Scizor. Also Kingdra and Kabutops.

Just stunned that there could be a poke that is actually better in Ubers than it is in OU.
Heck, there are pokemon, which are better in Ubers then in UU/NU. Perfect example is Jumpluff - it's solid in UU and good in NU, however in Ubers with permanent sun it's one of the most annoying pokemon to face. Perfect Leech Seeders and used on many quick stall teams with Groudon support. There was a time when Parasect was practically "only Ubers mon" however Kyogre users started to use non-choice sets, which made it much worse. Another prime example is Shiftry - with Wobbufett support really good sweeper, either when using Nasty Plot or Swords Dance. So much stuff is weak against his Grass/Dark STAB it's not funny. And quite gimmicky example, but IMO Ubers is best tier to use it with Sandstorm being quite rare (and hail even more) making it viable if played right. This example is Shedinja and I used it with some interesting results on stall teams, as Shedinja walls surprisingly alot of stuff in Ubers.

Blissey in Ubers is as good as in OU, however unlike in OU you need to support your Blissey a bit more, as you mentioned many pokemon here goes mixed, however Ubers is much more special based, giving Blissey perfect niche in this tier. In other words Blissey user must predict with Blissey better then in OU and switch-out with her more often (for example you switch on Palkias Surf and good move is to switch out to steel pokemon, as in this moment Palkia may Outrage you to death. Anyway Blissey can't stay in as easily as in OU). Ubers is almost all of time "pure checking, not countering" as hard counters are hard to find in tier, where almost everything hits like a truck, making predictions harder.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
A Specially-oriented metagame is instant Blissey paradise, despite the physical attackers as there is in the OU metagame. That's all I'm going to say.

blissey is viable in uber, but physical attack from basically anyone = instant death unless its ghost type.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
blissey is viable in uber, but physical attack from basically anyone = instant death unless its ghost type.
Why does everyone think Blissey is frail physically?? She isn't. Blissey can take about the same amount of physical abuse (LOL) as min/min Kyogre. To put it into perspective, she can sometimes survive a CB EQ from Groudon with just 4 HP/252 Def/252 SpD Calm.

Yes, but fighting moves aren't all that rare in the games. Superpower is an attack easily learned by most legendaries.

EDIT: oops, my bad then.

Blissey is viable because of the huge amounts of Special Attacks. Basically the only good Physical Attackers are Groudon, Garchomp, Raquaza, Salamence, Deoxys different forms, etc.

superpower is a VERY rare move in UBERs

edit: I don't see how blissey just a viable pokemon in the ubers
many...no most all-out stall teams use blissey and they work fine
sure it doesn't have that great of def (though it can still take SOME physical hits...not much i agree esp in ubers but it's not a physical wall) but it's a great special wall (the best). you're wanting too much if you want blissey to take physical hits like she does with special hits :/

Hmm... It is a weekend and Doug's probably getting the stats ready...

So, do you guys thiink that Heracross and Smeargle will drop or not? Shaymin's rising for sure though...

And I think Top usage will be Gyarados or Tyranitar. Heatran is weak to both of them and Starmie.

In UU... Well I personally fell like there are more Spiritombs than Venusaurs, but Milotic remains first.

As for Ubers... Don't know much xD

Hmm... It is a weekend and Doug's probably getting the stats ready...

So, do you guys thiink that Heracross and Smeargle will drop or not? Shaymin's rising for sure though...

And I think Top usage will be Gyarados or Tyranitar. Heatran is weak to both of them and Starmie.

In UU... Well I personally fell like there are more Spiritombs than Venusaurs, but Milotic remains first.

As for Ubers... Don't know much xD
Shaymin will rise comfortably, seen one Heracross all month I think. I can see Flygon moving up the rankings, he's been everywhere lately.

Smeargle is still a must on baton pass teams, and people still use him pretty frequently, from what I've seen.

Heracross has been holding by a thread for months now.

MiloSaur will still dominate UU, as they should.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
The HeraPocalypse is going to hit UU. I don't want it to, but it's gonna. Smeargle's going to be close.

Shaymin is solid OU, and Heatran will be 1, Gyarados 2.

I think it would make most sense to just ban Heracross to BL instead of going through weeks of testing, considering Gen IV is pretty much over.

Gyarados usage is crazy lately. Yeah with salamence who hold highest damage output DD
gone the bulkier one with weaker damage output transform from bulkiest with moderate power into bulkiest with OMG power

I actually agree with Cubic. Gallade is also BL, and Heracross would pretty much be played like Gallade, except better, with more speed and defence, better resistances, and no fear of burns.

Well there's still gonna be a bit of time before a simulator for Gen 5 is out, so I think IF Hera does drop(it probs will but you never know), there might be time to try it in UU.

Around When will the Gen 5 Battle Simulator be out?

And Heracross surely had been lingering around for a year already.

Any pokemon from UU ready to rise? Alakazam looks quite nice. Uxie too.

Alakazam is outclassed by Azelf and Scizor pursuits it for breakfast. Uxie and Shaymin, maybe Porygon-Z, are comfortable in OU.

Meru

ate them up
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Alakazam is outclassed by Azelf and Scizor pursuits it for breakfast. Uxie and Shaymin, maybe Porygon-Z, are comfortable in OU.
People need to stop throwing the word outclassed around like they know what it means.

Alakazam has 5 more base speed, 10 more base SpA, access to Encore. Azelf can never outclass Encore, it can perform a different niche, but Encore (or even enough speed to reliably beat things like Starmie and ScarfScizor) can be enough reason to use Alakazam instead of Azelf without being "outclassed".

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
People need to stop throwing the word outclassed around like they know what it means.

Alakazam has 5 more base speed, 10 more base SpA, access to Encore. Azelf can never outclass Encore, it can perform a different niche, but Encore (or even enough speed to reliably beat things like Starmie and ScarfScizor) can be enough reason to use Alakazam instead of Azelf without being "outclassed".
What he said.

Please, don't let Heracross drop and Uxie rise. I'm fucked if either happen.

Why don't you want Heracross to drop and Uxie to rise?

And do you think Heracross will be dropped to BL or UU?

Alakazam cant stealth rock, alakazam cant rapid spin,alakazam is killed by 1 bullet punch, alakazam cant get past blissey without being crippled or without taking big damage, alakazam cant kill TTAR as easy as Starmie(situational)
,Alakazam has bad typing in tandem with laughable bulk,Alakazam cant use boltbeam,Alakazam lead is killed by 2 attack while they are taunting,Alakazam is killed by +1 Gyarados,Alakazam cant explode,Alakazam
cant kill gyara and nite at the same time. And the list goes on
If that isnt outclassed i dont know what it is

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)