Smogon Shoddy Server Statistics - June 2010

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Suspect has slowed down considerably and there are way less players there than in the standard metagame, so I wouldn't call it a 100% accurate representation of how often certain Pokemon would be used in a Mence-less metagame. However, give or take a few places, I think it's safe to say that without Salamence, the metagame would shift in a way that slightly decreases Scizor's prominence.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's kind of ironic that Heatran was called the "anti-metagame" Pokemon, and now he's up top, so he IS the metagame, to a certain extent, now.

I'm really surprised by the lack of LO Rotom-A's out there. Rotom-W, specifically, is a great anti-spinner and can clean up pretty well. Thunderbolt / Shadow Ball / Hydro Pump / Pain Split from the analysis works wonders, and it has its obvious advantages over Starmie.

Lead Celebi needs more love, its really is a good lead: beating Heatran, Infernape, Metagross while killing Aerodactyl, some Jirachi and setting SR up most of the time, Scouting early with U-turn and dealing with waters with Leaf Storm.

Wow, 5 of my teams pokes make top 15. Glad Swords Dance Luke is so poular, makes my predicts so much easier.

Makes me sad to see my Pimp Daddy down at 69 though. Best Breloom counter in the game. :(

Wow, 5 of my teams pokes make top 15. Glad Swords Dance Luke is so poular, makes my predicts so much easier.

Makes me sad to see my Pimp Daddy down at 69 though. Best Breloom counter in the game. :(
Erm, what spread do you run on Honchcrow that lets it counter Breloom? Unless it's like 252/252 Impish then you're going to get blown out of the water by a Focus Punch or Stone Edge, and even then you're kinda killing his usefulness.

wonder what will happen with th stats now that mence is gone
sure there are some popular beliefs about scizor's drop, dragonite's rise, etc, etc
but what would happen with the say...other top pokemons

Thanks for the stats Doug!

Interesting stats as usual. I'm glad Starmie leads are being used more but it kills me a little to know that I've been using it since November and now it's finally getting recognition. Oh well.

Next, onto Scizor...FINALLY! I've been waiting for Scizor to fall for the longest time...It's crazy. It's going to drop more now that Heatran is picking up steam.

Glad Jolteon is rising. Also, Gengar rising is kind of expected and surprising, because of the drop in Ttar usage and the prominence of Pursuit in OU, respectively.

Maybe, Heracross will actually move down to UU, well at least BL. And Manectric usage would rise, I thought thanks to Raikou leaving...

All in all, can't wait for July's stats and hopefully Heatran will take Scizor's place.

Erm, what spread do you run on Honchcrow that lets it counter Breloom? Unless it's like 252/252 Impish then you're going to get blown out of the water by a Focus Punch or Stone Edge, and even then you're kinda killing his usefulness.
I don't think he's so much countering in the sense of switching in safely on an attack. Rather, he comes in on the Spore and negates the sleep with Insomnia, allowing him to threaten a Brave Bird OHKO.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Honchkrow loses to Breloom if it comes in any move other than Spore, assuming Spore/Sub/Focus Punch/Stone Edge. If you want a Breloom counter, just use Celebi.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Actually:

252/252 Impish Honchkrow

vs. 252 Adamant Toxic Orb Breloom Focus Punch : 70.5% - 83.2%
vs. 252 Adamant Toxic Orb Breloom Stone Edge : 62.9% - 74.3%
vs. 252 Adamant Toxic Orb Breloom Seed Bomb : 18.8% - 22.3%

So Honchkrow gets taken down by Focus Punch anyway, basically dead after Stone Edge (and it's slower), while no Breloom Seed Bombs first (most Sub or Spore first).

Wow, i didn't expect heatran to shoot up like that
also with all the machamps D-punching around as leads, i'm not surprised it moved up.
I was also counting on starmie finally starting to rise. I used it before and it practically swept the last half of my opponents team in mid game. (LO set with hydro pump, OHKO'd, E-vire and non scarf hera after SR). Scizor droppping in usage is proabably what most people have been hoping for, IMO it's BP is overrated.

Interesting stats.

Honchkrow loses to Breloom if it comes in any move other than Spore, assuming Spore/Sub/Focus Punch/Stone Edge. If you want a Breloom counter, just use Celebi.
Precisely, which is why I mention that he isn't countering by our definition of a counter. I agree that the only way he can come in is Spore. I don't acknowledge that Honchkrow is a solid answer to Breloom.

Breloom talk... Hm...

Well if the opponent has already put Sleep clause into effect, the best way to take care of one is Crobat, due to its X4 resistances to both of Breloom's stabs, and a 4X SE Brave Bird to Breloom may OHKO (sarcasm here d:) You risk switching in and taking a Stone Edge... But judging by the fact that the SubSpore sets are more common (I may be wrong) that could be a risk worth taking. Also taking into account that Stone Edge has a shaky 80% accuracy.

Wow, I can't believe that Dnite usage is up that high now. I wonder how Salamence's banning will affect Dnite (and Flygon and Kingdra) usage.

In the suspect tier
Code:
|   43 | Alakazam   |   3490 |    4.11 |
|   44 | Arcanine   |   3172 |    3.73 |
|   45 | Porygonz   |   2942 |    3.46 |
|   46 | Milotic    |   2873 |    3.38 |
|   48 | Venusaur   |   2713 |    3.19 |
|   49 | Sceptile   |   2693 |    3.17 |
Is this telling us that the OU tier list may change?

Also why are people telling others to prepare for Breloom now, Breloom's usage actually DROPPED.

Code:
Suspect Tier:
|   24 | Breloom    |   3434 |   10.77 |

Overused Tier:
|   16 | Breloom    | 115503 |   11.56 |

I would like to know how the tier change in august will happen.

If the salamence-free metagame is drastically different from standard play (mainly with regard to shaymin and uxie) will the July stats have some sort of ridiculous weighting o make up for the short amount of time?

If shaymin is now an obvious OU but fails to make the cut because of the two months with salamence, will it remain BL? Or will someone actually decide to not use it's stats for tiering?

The only reason why I bring this up is because this will be the last tier change before black and white is released, so I would think people would want it to be finalized

I

Also why are people telling others to prepare for Breloom now, Breloom's usage actually DROPPED.

Code:
Suspect Tier:
|   24 | Breloom    |   3434 |   10.77 |

Overused Tier:
|   16 | Breloom    | 115503 |   11.56 |
I hate anecdotal evidence as much as the next guy, but in my laddering experience since Salamence's ban, I have found there are a lot of Breloom and Heatran running around, often in pairs. Intimidate really hampered Breloom right before the Substitute. Gyarados still can intimidate Breloom, but it doesn't work as well as Gyarados can still eat a Seed Bomb while Breloom is behind the Substitute, which really hurts in combination with SR.

So, whether Breloom truly does benefit from Salamence's absence, it is a presence, and a stronger one in my opinion.

I would like to know how the tier change in august will happen.

If the salamence-free metagame is drastically different from standard play (mainly with regard to shaymin and uxie) will the July stats have some sort of ridiculous weighting o make up for the short amount of time?

If shaymin is now an obvious OU but fails to make the cut because of the two months with salamence, will it remain BL? Or will someone actually decide to not use it's stats for tiering?

The only reason why I bring this up is because this will be the last tier change before black and white is released, so I would think people would want it to be finalized
The tier change happens at the end of August. So we'll still have a good month of usage stats to deal with. Not ideal, but it should be usable.

As anticipated, Heatran and Breloom have risen to considerable levels. I won't be surprised if i see a Breloom for Ubers "bitchy-ness," going on here.

18 | Flygon | 98552 | 9.86

I feel that this will go up dramaticlly it might seem low now but I'm still impressed.

Heatran at number 2 is nice I expect it to cripple Scizor maybe in the next couple of months.

18 | Flygon | 98552 | 9.86

I feel that this will go up dramaticlly it might seem low now but I'm still impressed.
What's your logic? Flygon and Salamence played two separate roles. I'm not sure if I see how the banning of Salamence directly helps Flygon's standing, but if you can give me an explanation, I'll buy it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)