1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Smogon Shoddy Server Statistics - May 2010

Discussion in 'Pokémetrics' started by DougJustDoug, Jun 6, 2010.

1. undisputed

undisputed
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

This is wrong. Just because Heatran may be used more than Scizor in suspect compared to OU doesn't mean that the metagame is more centralized. In fact, its less centralized shown by the top 29 all make an appearance on 1 in 10 teams while only the top 19 in OU show up in 1 in 10 teams. Thats the biggest indicator to me.
  2. Cyrrona

Cyrrona starlet
    is a Tiering Contributor

I agree. ;)

As others have noted, Suspect stats are a radical departure from what we've been seeing in Standard, but the changes all make sense and they're pretty much in line with what I've been seeing on the ladder. If Salamence is voted Uber, it'll be interesting to see what the metagame looks like in a couple months once things have stablized a bit further. Thanks for the stats, Doug!
  3. Bamce

Bamce

Go breloom being number 18.

Best pokemon for teaching people
  4. Jonathan

Jonathan

5. M BLADE

M BLADE

UU:

Steelix took a huge drop. HUGE.
    Leafeon i getting used. Nice.
    Exeggutor UU?
    Heracross UU?

OU:

Well, Machamp is everyhere now.
    Uxie getting more used than Cresselia O_o
    Blastoise on #62 in leads saddens me... that thing is surprisingly effective at taking other leads while cleaning rocks away.
  6. Proboscidea

Proboscidea

yea! I <3 Lanturn! He should be used everywhere more, except NU of course. Lanturn inching to the bottom of UU is worrying me.
  7. RaikouLover

RaikouLover

Infernape is #2 in Suspect.. that means hes the new big dick in town. Starmie moves to #3 to counter Infernape rightfully so. Not surprised at all.

Infernape for next ban?
  8. lordkira

lordkira

Oh wow Palkia's usage has definitely dropped!
    Rather others' usages have aggrandized.
  9. Eternal

Eternal
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

1 | Heatran | 6926 | 35.57

The amount of usage in Suspect is very small. Like only 6926 usages of Heatran compared to like 300k of Scizor's usage in Standard. So the suspect statistics are very accurate, but do show some trends...
  10. mtr

mtr

Holy hell, Shaymin is 21 in Suspect. Grass-types are a lot more powerful with Salamence and Latias gone. Maybe this means good things for Sceptile, who is the fastest Grasser around...
  11. IcyMan28

IcyMan28

This. Now that the hedgehog doesn't have to choose between HP Ice and HP Fire (dragonite is pretty easy to handle), it finds it alot easier to wreak havoc on opposing teams. And unlike Celebi, it isn't weak to Pursuit, so it can just switch in and out as it pleases and Natural Rest if it wants. I really like using it.
  12. Toaster

Toaster

Am I the only one who noticed this?

Anyway, thanks Doug as always.
  13. Aquamentus

Aquamentus

APR 2010 STANDARD USAGE
    | 3 | Salamence | 205028 | 20.91 |

MAY 2010 SUSPECT USAGE
    | 8 | Dragonite | 4202 | 21.58 |

Hmm...
  14. Leman

Leman

The suspect ladders are always more centralized than the standard ladder will be when/if those changes take place on the standard ladder. Everyone is using Dragonite because it replaces Salamence. Nothing should really be taken at face value like that, but instead the trends should be observed.
  15. EpicTurtle

EpicTurtle

Huray nite is making his comeback! I waited to long for this =D
  16. Vaz

Vaz

It is not surpising to see Salamence up to #2 on the Standard Ladder in usage but I was not expecting Heatran to jump up to #4, with a Choice Scarf as the highest used item.
  17. SunshineCat

SunshineCat

I'm happy to see Dragonito go from #28th to #8th in Suspect, and to see that people are finally using Uxie as a lead in OU. From #26 to #13. I use it on a good number of my teams, and it works wonders. It has awesome bulk and Yawn annoys people to death :D

Also, go go go Lanturn in OU!
  18. Ariados

Ariados

Charizard

Damn look at Charizard. #68 on Standard. I cant believe hes NU just cause of stealth cocks
  19. Lil Niglet

Lil Niglet

Celebi has gotten so low.....
  20. luungoc2005

luungoc2005

thanks a lot Doug!
    stat hunting is fun :D
    really...

Standard Ladder:
    UU Ladder:
    Uber Ladder: (wow...incredible...)
  21. Heartgold

Heartgold

Where's blissey in suspect? Has it gone down 10 placed to 23'rd lol
    Heatran ruling in suspect like he did just before platinum was released no surprise.
  22. Revolution.Z

Revolution.Z

Someone explain how Ariados is 31 in ubers?

Ariados used String Shot!
    Dialga used Draco Meteor 334% Damage
    Ariados Fainted....
  23. shrang

shrang Reaction to Ubers ladder
    is a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderatoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

I think people got inspired by the April Fools joke with Magikarp. You can see Weedle is #12.

On a more serious note, Ariados can actually be a pretty cool anti-lead in Ubers, running Bug Bite/Shadow Sneak/Toxic Spikes/Sucker Punch @ Focus Sash stops Deoxys-S from spamming two layers, and Darkrai can't put it to sleep because it has Insomnia. Here's the Smog article which describes it: http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue7/ubers
  24. fitzy72

fitzy72

Regarding weedle it was a little joke one afternoon over on #pokeforum where we all decided to use weedle as our leads for the day.(yeah we were inspired by magicarp)

@people saying e-vire,ninjask etc going UU if salamence goes uber. - What you lot have to remember is that a lot of the users of these pokemon reside at the bottom of the ladder and don't play suspect. I'm also sure that most of the users won't change their teams in salamence goes uber because they arn't really "that" sompetitive battlers.

EDIT: Doug there seems to be a problem with the detailed stats for weedle
  25. Destiny Warrior

Destiny Warrior also known as Darkwing_Duck
    is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

This is weird

So I can use Mence on the Suspect Ladder now?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)