Smogon Shoddy Server Statistics - May 2010

yond

mitt game strong
is a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I think one of the biggest stats to look at is that Rotom-A is used less than Gengar now. Thats a big deal compared to before latias left.

then you are playing the game of will ttar crunch or pursuit, does it have a scarf etc. debating that is pointless and dumb. The odds are in celebi's favor that ttar is not holding a scarf, or will go for pursuit instead.
It doesn't matter - Scarftar won't OHKO anyway.

I want Uxie to stay UU so I can continue using it as a lead there, but I use it in OU since it's just so GOOD. I'm in a dilemma :(

Nice to see Choice Band as an item on Tyranitar instead of just 'Other'. I'm looking forward to these statistics being discussed in the next Smogcast.

guess we will be seeing uxie in ou soon
It did go up but it'll take more then that for Uxie to come to OU! It has to go through BL as well. >_> IMO it is a decent pokemon and it performs its job pretty nicely! Maybe it's good because it is unexpected? I've been using a Mismagius lead which is working out amazingly for some reason! The reason is it is unexpected and holds something called the element of surprise!

it doesn't have to go to BL prior to going to OU, which is he case of Umbreon.
If it was used (not TOO sure of exact numbers) at least once out of every 20 games for about 3 months (?), it wil be OU.

As for Missy...I was thinking about using it as well but whih set do you think is the most effective? Ovrall ofc lol

Wow mismagius suddenly rose to 3rd? Since when was it used so often i thought i never see it around!

And dugtrio dropped from 10th to 20th... Didn't know so many dugtrios were just used to deal with raikou.

SlottedPig

sem feio
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
it doesn't have to go to BL prior to going to OU, which is he case of Umbreon.
If it was used (not TOO sure of exact numbers) at least once out of every 20 games for about 3 months (?), it wil be OU.

As for Missy...I was thinking about using it as well but whih set do you think is the most effective? Ovrall ofc lol
As a sweeper Nasty Plot + 3 attacks works fine, Nasty Plot + Taunt + 2 attacks works well too since if you use 3 attacks, chances are you're using Hidden Power.

For a Raikou-ish approach, you can use Substitute + Calm Mind + 2 attacks, or a personal favorite, Substitute + Taunt + 2 attacks.

For a spinblocker approach, try this set:

@ Leftovers
Shadow Ball
Taunt
Will-O-Wisp
Protect
Timid / Calm
If using Timid: 252 HP / 192 SpD / 64 Spe
If using Calm: 252 HP / 88 SpD / 168 Spe
Levitate

Spin-blocker. Yeah. Forretress always loses to you if you come in on the Spin, as a combination of Will-O-Wisp and Taunt neuters it. With Mismagius' fantastic Special Defense, Tentacruel will not break you either. Starmie, unfortunately, can 2HKO you if you predict wrong and it's not a Rapid Spinner. (Trick to find out if it's a Rapid Spinner: only Starmie set that uses Leftovers) That's not really surprising as Life Orb Starmie 2HKOs Rotom-A as well. Anyway, when you get in, you can scare it out with the threat of a 2HKO whereas Starmie cannot even 3HKO you.

Outside of the Spinblocker position Mismagius, once the foe realizes the lack of Substitute, is sure to bring in Scizor or Tyranitar. Here's where Protect comes in: it's an easy scout: if they use Pursuit (or U-Turn, in Scizor's case), they are a) crippled with Will-O-Wisp, b) taking damage from your entry hazards (you are using Spikes w/ a spinblocker, right?), or c) taking damage from your entry hazards and allowing a teammate to be Burned. If they use Bullet Punch (or Iron Head, in Scarf Scizor's case; Crunch, in Tyranitar's case), you can easily switch to Skarmory, the best Spikes-er in the OU metagame, and set up Spikes. If they Dance, Skarmory still wins as long as Scizor lacks Superpower, but even then, a very Physically Defensive Skarmory can survive and pHaze it out.

If Gyarados gets courageous and tries to setup on you, you outspeed Jolly +0 Gyarados and may Taunt it, followed by a swift burn. They'll probably switch out, but that's -50% from Stealth Rock right there. As you outspeed Gyarados, you also outspeed Dragonite, but be EXTREMELY CAUTIOUS it will not Draco Meteor you (personally, I would Burn it, not Taunt it, first, as Skarmory would still be able to pHaze it out, and Mismagius is not OHKOd by Draco Meteor (-2 Burned Dragonite is similarly handled by Skarmory.) Adamant Kingdra is outsped as well.

tl, dr; spin-blocker, beats all Rapid Spinners in OU, beats Choiced Scizor or Tyranitar, cannot be setup on by the likes of Gyarados, Dragonite, or Kingdra, as well as hitting hard with a respectable 246 Special Attack.

Edit: No, I don't want you to use Spin-blocker Mismagius, I just wrote, like, 20x more about it than the other sets. Because I can obviously cope with it in UU. /sarcasm

Edit 2: Rosie went straight to OU, past BL, as well; BL is if you get voted overpowered, not if your usage is overused

What I find really funny is that Azelf, a standard suicide lead is number 1 on suspect and Aerodactyl the next suicide lead is number 11 on suspect, when it is 2 on OU. I guess suspect is not for suicides

I personally think that Umbreon is a worse Cresselia for all of you die hard Umbreon OU fans. All it can do is gimmick lucario to death

i remember setting up nasty plot against yawn umbreon with my lum berry porygon-Z when she was UU, all i gotta say is that umbreon is a gimmick full stall pokemon who is not outclassed by pokemons like snorlax because of the movepool(wish to be more specific)

On of the biggest things to look at is that Heracross is now #47 in OU, which is lower than Porygon-Z. I have a feeling we'll be seeing him in UU pretty soon.

I personally think that Umbreon is a worse Cresselia for all of you die hard Umbreon OU fans. All it can do is gimmick lucario to death
nooo umbreon is one of the premier clerics in the entire game. no one realizes this though because no one uses heal bell. Synchronize is infinitely superior to natural cure for a cleric, and it's really bulky against all attacks except really powerful fighting stabs.

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
What I find really funny is that Azelf, a standard suicide lead is number 1 on suspect and Aerodactyl the next suicide lead is number 11 on suspect, when it is 2 on OU. I guess suspect is not for suicides
Some interesting Azelf stats.

Standard
| Azelf | Item | Focus Sash | 49.2 |
| Azelf | Item | Life Orb | 12.9 |
| Azelf | Item | Choice Scarf | 11.4 |
| Azelf | Item | Other (7) | < 8.4 |
| Azelf | Nature | Naive | 43.2 |
| Azelf | Nature | Timid | 22.9 |
| Azelf | Nature | Jolly | 19.7 |
| Azelf | Nature | Other (5) | < 4.1 |

Suspect
| Azelf | Item | Focus Sash | 33.5 |
| Azelf | Item | Light Clay | 21.1 |
| Azelf | Item | Life Orb | 14.1 |
| Azelf | Item | Other (7) | < 9.0 |
| Azelf | Nature | Timid | 38.2 |
| Azelf | Nature | Naive | 32.1 |
| Azelf | Nature | Jolly | 20.9 |

This shows that far fewer Azelf on Suspect are the typical suicide lead - LO Azelf going up is pretty clearly due to the lack of Tar on Suspect. Far more Azelf are Timid, as well - apparently special attackers not carrying Explosion. DS Azelf really is interesting and over a fifth of Suspect Azelf ran that set, compared to about one in twelve on Standard.

I'm guessing Heatran is #1 in Suspect because it is the ONLY option for a defensive Fire type in those Fire/Water/Grass cores. Water and Grass have multiple choices.

On of the biggest things to look at is that Heracross is now #47 in OU, which is lower than Porygon-Z. I have a feeling we'll be seeing him in UU pretty soon.
I doubt it. Heracross always seems to pull his usage up right before tiering.

Not that Heracross would likely stay UU for long. If Gallade was too strong for UU, I'd be willing to bet Heracross would find its way to BL, too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)