Super Mario Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
In the pms matty placed in the beginning of the main thread, there would've been a comma, not a period. There is no way a style of writing could differ so much.
Do you really think I would have made such a rookie mistake in a fake PM? If was going to fake a PM, you can bet that my grammar and style would have mirrored that of the example PMs EXACTLY. Just read my fake PMs from previous mafias. I'm smart enough to not do something so stupid.

Why would lonelyness leave out something so important from his main role?
You're right, that was a foolish thing to do since it doesn't really change much of anything in terms of my trustworthyness. Also I don't have a log from matty because Xchat only logs ~100 lines of data (it also doesn't have the ability to include timestamps so you woulnd't believe any log I posted anyway).

Why wouldn't he have shown me matty's talk.
Read above

My suspision is that his real role requires a super mushroom.
It does, with the power that I described.

We then see the biggest flaw of the whole plan, the role toad itself. You see, Toad in itself is a species of characters in the mario universe, not unlike goombas. So why would toadsworth assign the task so important to a species, instead of doing it himself.
Unless Toadsworth has better things to do (as in he is a seperate role).

@MS

all p1's get in before p2's no matter what. If all p1's are in then the list goes to p2 and you are reserved a spot (as in, you get to avoid the randomization)

You're right, that was a foolish thing to do since it doesn't really change much of anything in terms of my trustworthyness. Also I don't have a log from matty because Xchat only logs ~100 lines of data (it also doesn't have the ability to include timestamps so you woulnd't believe any log I posted anyway).
congrats, xchat logs ~100 lines. Mibbit barely logs fifty. I posted my own info.

Anyways, uh, yeah, it does change your trustworthyness. It means you have something to hide? Why would you leave out something so blatant from a role pm.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I've never been reserved and I've seen reserved priority two players picked before, so I never bothered reading that part, thanks and have fun everyone ^_^

Everybody cool your jets. You can argue the grammar or common mistakes; but as he said himself, he wouldn't make such mistakes and I don't believe he would, especially if he was in a hurry (mistakes this early are immediate sources for panic). Hell, check the 3rd post in the thread:

Alright, I'm sending PMs as quickly as possible right now. Be aware, I am not perfect and despite going over the role PMs quiet a few times, there still may be mistakes. I apologize in advance. Happy playing.
Another thing is that he claimed such an obvious character, and an even more obvious role. Toad can be counterclaimed pretty easily, but even better, inspector can be counterclaimed in a heartbeat if he's faking it. The inspector is perhaps the best and most vital role in the game. 2 sources to back that claim:

First example is from Quarantine Mafia, where blue_light intended for the inspector(s) to be the focal point of the village:

blue_light said:
I had originally intended for the these 2 roles [inspectors] to be a basic platform of unity for the village.
Second example comes from Smash Bros Mafia, where Thorns mentions the importance of the inspector in forum mafia:

Thorns said:
Worst Misinterpretation - Mordock
Protected forks [martyr] the entire game, when the inspector should have been protected. This isn't #fluodome!
But! Clearly not everybody has seen this thread, so the 'real' Toad/inspector may not have the chance to claim. For this reason you shouldn't be harassed if you don't claim for at least a (real) day. If you have any suspicions then wait until everybody the chance to counterclaim (faking won't work at all). After that there will be no reason not to cooperate. I believe LonelyNess' claims, his actions would be suicide if he was mafia.

Bodyguard should definitely protect LonelyNess for the benefit of a doubt though, we can't play paranoid and risk his death (playing without an inspector sucks). Those of you that have played #fluodome mafia know it's best to protect hooker/martyr there, but in small forum games inspector is the most important role because it's easy to mole via fake claims and inspector is the only way to see through it, unlike #fluodome where it's hit and miss with no reason to believe any claim (ala Basic Mafia, where 'claims' were perfect and indistinguishable).

Yeah guys, let's make the same mistake and have the bodyguard protect someone from the other mafia. Before that, I want LonelyNess to prove he has nothing to hide, because he obviously still does. Neither yourself nor LonelyNess has discussed this fact.

So, uh, please do?

I think the Inspector Toad PM is fake. Not only is there a misplaced period, but it also says "up most" instead of "utmost." After reading the other role PMs I don't think Matty would make that mistake.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Who else's role PM have you been reading Staraptor Call? Your mafia faction's?

I know it couldn't have been any of the villager's that I've talked to because I explicitly told them to not give their information to anyone else. So where are you getting all of these examples of role PMs? Hmm???

There's 3 in the OP.

Anyway, I suggest the bodyguard protect LN tonight, while it's obvious that's not his real PM, he does seem clean. But all the same, everyone should be cautious, don't give out to much too early. Claim to LN if you really want to though.

Who else's role PM have you been reading Staraptor Call? Your mafia faction's?

I know it couldn't have been any of the villager's that I've talked to because I explicitly told them to not give their information to anyone else. So where are you getting all of these examples of role PMs? Hmm???
Billyrolling: A sign that the billyroller is mafia.

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've received about half of Tonight's PMs. Please keep in mind that if you are idling let me know. Otherwise I'm gonna have to sub you out!

Also guys, I forgot to mention. Please Please Please send PMs to Serenity as well as to myself. I realize in the role PMs it says just to send them to me and I was to lazy to change them all. They should be sent to both of us. Thanks

EDIT: BL is a cock head; disregard his swipes at me :)

Anyways, I'd like to address what's happening tonight. LonelyNess will not be inspecting me, if he is inspector, even. Instead, I've decided he should inspect Shade. It's a much more worthy target, and, really, if he is inspector, we'll find out.

It's always nice when such a person like LonelyNess listens to me.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
As I said earlier, I want everyone to completely ostracize moi from this village. He's being dealt with. If you've been contacted by moi, you need to tell me.

Do not, under ANY circumstances, give him any information about your role.

moi says "trust me" and you go to butter but LonelyNess gives his role and plenty of reason to make himself trustworthy and you're suspicious?

Yeah, we're going nowhere quick.

Veedrock, if you haven't noticed the thread, there's been plenty of reasoning to not trust LonelyNess. The reason not to trust me?

LonelyNess's word.

You're more naive then he is.

And he's also still inspecting Shade, if he is inspector!

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
You wanna know how trustworthy moi is?

Moi has claimed twin to me, but then refuses to give his partner's name. And yeah ok that's fine don't give me info on the other villager, that's fine whatever...

Except I've already got full role PMs for two twins, neither of which is moi.

I've provided you all with my role pm, role, and alliance. What has moi provided you? A lied about role, and one line that I clipped from my role PM so that I wouldn't get stolen from if I ever came into contact with my Super Mushroom, and some retarded logic about the stylistic writing of my role pm.

I think it's pretty obvious that he's about 10x less trustworthy than I am.

You wanna know how trustworthy moi is?

Moi has claimed twin to me, but then refuses to give his partner's name. And yeah ok that's fine don't give me info on the other villager, that's fine whatever...

Except I've already got full role PMs for two twins, neither of which is moi.

I've provided you all with my role pm, role, and alliance. What has moi provided you? A lied about role, and one line that I clipped from my role PM so that I wouldn't get stolen from if I ever came into contact with my Super Mushroom, and some retarded logic about the stylistic writing of my role pm.

I think it's pretty obvious that he's about 10x less trustworthy than I am.
You know, LonelyNess? You're absoluetely right. I refused to give my partner's name. You never asked, stop trying to make up stuff that isn't there.

Either way, he's correct, I did claim twin to him. I did it to protect my real role. LonelyNess, however, is pushing the issue, trying to figure out what I am. I've revealed it to him. But this puts us all at a sense of danger, risking to lose what role I have. We can blame that on you!

And LonelyNess, I don't understand how the logic is retarded. It took you this long to answer me? Either way, it's pretty big if the first line of the role pm is differed from my own, and the others that have come in contact with me. Trust me, I'm not the only one who has had doubts about you.

Let me ask you this. What's up with Veedrock? He's obviously formed an instant alliance with you, without credibility at all, and came in here. So can he explain himself?

Finally, LonelyNess, you faulted yourself. You didn't realize that someone trying to defend the village from a possible mole could be village? You're ignorant to think that anyone to instantly defy you is not on your team.

I agree with various others, I do not believe LonelyNess is telling the truth. I do think that LonelyNess is clean, and I don't think the role he said he has is his actual one. And Veedrock, why are you so quick to defend him? Do you possibly know something we don't? Why have you formed an alliance with him so quickly?

EDIT: And why do you say moi is being dealt with? Are you saying you know someone is going to kill him, possibly you? Is your mafia going to kill him for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)