1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Technical Support Mk. 2 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!)

Discussion in 'Pokemon Online' started by Antar, Apr 5, 2012.

1. shartruce2

shartruce2 THINK POSITIVE
    is a Tiering Contributor

alright, thank you
  2. Vodoun

Vodoun

1: Poekmon verzen v2.0.02!

2) Windows xP

2 I can connect to all serverrs (on the list)

4 this problem has no time-stamp for starting or ending

5) vodoun

6- There are no options in this version for adding or finding servers, which I only know because the Smogon Academy didn't appear on the servers list, and still doesn't, even though I was on it right before updating my version of PO. How am I supposed to connect to Smogon Academy or any other server I may gain the where-with-all about? All I want to know is how to find/connect to any server using the new version.
  3. Stellar

Stellar dreams and adventure
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Orange Islands

Smogon is not moving to PO v2.0, so it will not be accessible from the new client.
  4. Vodoun

Vodoun

OKAY -- THANK YOU

I figured out the answer ( I think ) to my question anyway;

there's a little 'Advanced Connection' box where you can type stuff into, that I didn't think you could edit.
  5. SunnyG

SunnyG

@Vodoun, I also upgraded my version of PO and I currently have version 2.0.05. After I downloaded this version, the Smogon Server no longer showed up on the list of servers. Before I upgraded, I could still see it. What did you do with the Advanced Connection box to fix this problem?
  6. AJC

AJC

nothing the server will remain at 1.0.60 bad move for those who moved to PO v2 because that version breaks compatibility with older PO server/client versions
  7. SunnyG

SunnyG

Aww that sucks. I guess I'm gonna have to downgrade back to the old version. Why doesn't Smogon just create a compatible server for it?
  8. Antar

Antar That's Dr. Antar to you
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributor
    Official Data Miner

I've set up an official Smogon University server on PO2. It's on the registry. Enjoy.
  9. tehy

tehy

So, i probably can't provide all that information-feel free to reject/delete this question if you want, but... i can't connect to the PO registry, because i'm at a place that isn't my house. PO tells me to port forward. Can someone help me out with that? I'm not really sure what it is or, by extension, how to do it.
  10. Antar

Antar That's Dr. Antar to you
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributor
    Official Data Miner

Problems with the registry are strictly Pokemon Online problems. We can't help you.

You shouldn't need to port forward, and if you're on someone else's network, you won't BE ABLE to port forward (unless that someone else is nice enough to let you do it / do it for you). Either way, port forwarding is a process that differs from router to router, and we can't help you here.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)