1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Technical Support (read OP before posting!)

Discussion in 'Pokemon Online' started by Rising_Dusk, May 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antar

Antar Self-anointed Czar of LC UU
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributor
    Official Data Miner

2. ocean4951

ocean4951

hmmm no dice :( it hasn't always been like this if that helps I used to be able to log on fine then one day my internt cut out and I wasn't able to log on again. Maybe im technically still logged in or something??? I dont know. Thanks for your help anyway
  3. ssbbm

ssbbm

i dunno whether to post this here but idk where else to post it:

it should be "simulator"
  4. Wafflez

Wafflez

Cant find it in the registry and getting a connection time out...Is the server down?
  5. Antar

is a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributor
    Official Data Miner

It should also be "University." Both fixed. I can go into the reasons why that happened, and it's not *necessarily* my illiteracy, but the point is it's fixed.
  6. TrueStory

TrueStory

Can't connect to Smogon with my android.

I can connect to other servers just fine, but it for smogon, I get the "Loading. Please wait..." it's been 10 minutes, and I don't think it'll load.

What's wrong? it's not my connection if I can connect to other servers like PO, and Pokemon mexico.
  7. Level 51

Level 51 [17:37:18] boTTT: (Private to @Level 51) ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

I'm kinda new to this, and as such I have two questions:

1. When I click the 'Go Online' button, the screen it leads to is blank. Like, there's the table, but it's blank. When I type in an advanced connection code, the server screen it brings me to is also blank.

2. How do I set a password for my account name?
  8. Haunter

Haunter 100% avocado
    is an official Team Rateris a Battle Server Administratoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris an Administratoris a Tutor Alumnus
    Líder máximo

Smogon University has a script that automatically kicks android clients that have the default team loaded (it's the one with just a cleffa) so in order to connect to our server you need to import an actual team to your android client. You can import your team using the export team to QRcode plugin in Pokemon Online.

if you can't connect to any server then quite possibly you have internet connections problems.

when you connect to a server, at the bottom of the window, you'll see the "register" button. Use that.
  9. Level 51

Level 51 [17:37:18] boTTT: (Private to @Level 51) ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

Thanks.

Oh well, there goes any hopes of joining the Dark Horse Project.
  10. Antar

Official Data Miner

Should be. Are you using the new client (1.0.53--with or without the S)?
  11. Thundur

Thundur

I battled yesterday, and I was at 1413. Today, I battled and won. Now I am at 1393. Does anyone know why?
  12. Jukain

Jukain .leaf
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor

13. Jukain

Jukain .leaf
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor

ladder decay
  14. Thundur

Thundur

Why would it decay after one day?
  15. Jukain

Jukain .leaf

*shrugs* Many people played that one day. That screws up normal ladder decay, plain and simple.
  16. topspin1617

topspin1617

Hello, I'm trying to sign on to Smogon's PO server and I'm not able to. When I try, it opens the chatroom window and says "Connected to Server!"; however, the username list is blank, and there are no messages to be seen. It also does not ask me to enter my password as it usually would. Then after a few minutes (last time it was 5 min 13 sec to be exact), I get "Disconnected from Server!". No error message/number or anything.

I can easily sign on to other servers, it seems like Smogon is the only one giving me trouble. Which is odd... last time I got on (from the same computer), it worked fine and there were absolutely no issues. Can anyone help?
  17. Antar

Official Data Miner

The server is lagging EXTREMELY badly right now. That's what you're experiencing.
  18. topspin1617

topspin1617

I see.

I just downloaded the new version of PO from Smogon, and I can get on now... maybe that's a coincidence.

Though now I have a question with that. Does the Smogon server not appear in the list of servers when using the client from here? Or is that part of the lag thing? I found the IP and used it under advanced connection, but I find that kinda odd.

EDIT: Nevermind haha. It's just low on the list because it just crashed, I guess.
  19. Antar

Official Data Miner

It didn't crash. I rebooted it in the hopes that it would help. I don't think it did.
  20. ewalz97

ewalz97

I dont understand how to play online. please help
  21. Antar

Official Data Miner

22. ewalz97

ewalz97

23. RUisSerperior

RUisSerperior

Just a heads up, about a week ago PO allowed me to play standard RU with a flame body moltres even though that is a currently unreleased dream world ability. Not sure if it was just a bug that day, but ive tried to do it again with numerous unreleased abilities (including flame body moltres again) and it properly redirected me to DW OU tier. A minor issue but maybe somebody could look into it.
  24. Magik

Magik

Help I cant connect to any servers!
    When i click go online it shows no servers whatsoever!
    And when i wait is says "registry timedout" or something of that nature
    Please help i want to try my new team :)
  25. Antar

Official Data Miner

What server was this on? Ours or PO? If it was ours, and it happens again, let me know.

If you can't even connect to the registry, then it's something you should really ask the PO people about, not us. http://www.pokemon-online.eu
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)