The Battle Tower Tourney [Signups]

Status
Not open for further replies.

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The Battle Tower Tournament!
Hosted by: matty and Caelum

Approved by Sonius

Inspired by the amount of support for the Battle Tower Thread in Stark, I thought it would be interesting to simulate that environment with a Smogon twist. Jumpman, here's looking at you ;P

Standard Rules:
* Sleep Clause
* Freeze Clause
* Self-KO Clause
* No Scouting. If a player asks you to leave their match, you must do so. If you do not, you risk disqualification from this tournament!
* Battle Timer must be turned on
* Battles must be played on Shoddybattle.
* You MUST send your logs to matty or Caelum

A Few Twists to the Rules:
1. Each round will be played in a best of three format. Finals will be best of five. This means that you must beat your opponent two times in order to be declared the winner of a round and three times if it's the finals.
2. Players will only be allowed to use a team of 3 real Pokemon. *** Important *** The rest of the team will be Lvl. 1 Shedninjas holding sticky barb with only protect as a move, which will be sent out as your first three Pokemon to kill them off. (This is to ensure that we get a 3v3 per Battle Tower Rules).
3. Each player will be able to select three Pokemon for their team along with three additional “side board” Pokemon that may be traded in or out between matches.
4. The first battle in a given round MUST be played with using your main team. After that battle is done, you are free to substitute as many Pokemon from your main team with Pokemon from your side team. If a third game is necessary, you are allowed as many substitutions from your main team for Pokemon from your side team.
5. This is one of the most important rules. SETS ARE TO REMAIN CONSTANT WITHIN A ROUND. This means if you use Life Orb Tyranitar in the first match, you are bound to using only Life Orb Tyranitar for the remainder of the round. ITEM / NATURE / EV'S / IV'S / MOVE SET are all considered to be part of the set. If there is proof that you have changed your set at any time in the round, you will be disqualified without exception.
6. OHKO Moves and Evasion Moves ARE allowed. An example would be Sheer Cold Walrein would be a legal moveset for this tournament. HOWEVER, moves that decrease evasion rates/increase accuracy rates are illegal with OHKO movesets. An example would be Mind Reader + Sheer Cold Articuno.
7. Item clause IS on meaning that no duplicate items are allowed.
8. Species Clause is off, but only so that we can have three death fodder Sheninjas. Players who use two identical "real Pokemon" will be disqualified.
9. We will be using the Battle Tower Tier List.
This means that the following Pokemon are allowed:
The entire Smogon OU, UU, and NFE tiers except for the Pokemon under the ban list
Latios (w/o Soul Dew)
Latias (w/o Soul Dew)
Garchomp
Wobbuffet
Azelf
Uxie
Mesprit

The Following Pokemon are NOT allowed:
Jirachi
Celebi
Shaymin (regular) and Shaymin-S
Any forms of Deoxys
Any Ubers on Smogon's list not specifically mentioned above

I'll close sign-ups based on how much support I get for this. Hopefully looking for 32 or 64!

Hope you guys are interested because the battler at the end gets bragging rights to Smogon's First Battle Tower Trophy!

PS: If you guys have any questions regarding the tournament or the rules/suggestions feel free to PM me them

Player List:
1 Rag
2 IPL
3 Olie
4 Thorns
5 Gouki
6 Goldfan
7 Captain Falcon
8 Earthworm
9 TAY
10 Exclamation Point
11 Blue Kirby
12 Fabbles
13 newbioform
14 Carl
15 Twash Man
16 setrack
17 motnahp
18 Astamitios
19 Sapientia
20 Silentmartyr
21 Coconut Storm
22 UsainBolt
23 Rojo23
24 da big blast
25 Twist of Fate
26 RB Golbat
27 Master of the Six Kings
28 Silentecho
29 Cynthia
30 darkie
31 Voyeur
32 Lonelyness
33 Brawley
34 Maniaclyrasist
35 Buttmunch
36 Thebattler1
37 PokemonbattleBrian
38 turtleboy3840
39 Seven Deadly Sins
40 Chaos 9
41 Snorlax
42 Torterra
43 Pride
44 Game Freak201
45 Serenity
46 Gymdude
47 Chawla
48 Articanus
49 Supersimon
50 LegacyRaider
51 moi
52 OGBallin
53 Kankuro
54 KD24
55 Shelcario
56 Ripchord
57 Kane
58 MS
59 Blame Game
60 Clifford
61 Elevator Music
62 Giga Punch
63 Antique Roadshow
64 Jackal

Subs:
1 Arin
2 Jass123
3 Itchni
4 FiveKRunner
5 SoT
6 TypeGSiR
7 Spiritman

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Here to play Pokemon!!!

Only thing that sounds dodgy is that the Sheddys come first ... so we'll never effectively have the same lead. Doesn't sound very Battle Tower-esque to me.

Here to play Pokemon!!!

Only thing that sounds dodgy is that the Sheddys come first ... so we'll never effectively have the same lead. Doesn't sound very Battle Tower-esque to me.
Well, AR and I were brainstorming on Shoddy trying to evade certain loopholes certain people [xD] were constantly pointing out, and yeah, you have a point, but I guess this is something that has to rely on trust [keeping in mind caelumatty are reading the logs]? *shrug* Or maybe I entirely misinterpreted what you meant x(

Carl

or Varl
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
i'd like to sign up actually

you could just have the shedinjas at the end and dq anyone that switches them in while they still have real pokemon alive

edit: i see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)