The Cutest Sprites and Models

I had never paid much attention to Unown, but now that I'm looking at their sprites... Cute!
Unown-I is cute too and has not been mentioned yet (bouncy!) ^^

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
I had never paid much attention to Unown, but now that I'm looking at their sprites... Cute!
Unown-I is cute too and has not been mentioned yet (bouncy!) ^^
Unown-I seems like it got overfocused on the fact that there's an "I" in "Team" "Pogo-stick"

Raichu looks like it's ether ready for boxing or is telling you to bring it on.

As cute as that punch is, I don't think that striking with the tail is legal in boxing.

Thank you for giving Pikachu's neglected older brother the love it deserves.

Speaking of the franchise mascot and his siblings:

(Yes, Sugimori artwork again. What can I say? He's great at what he does.)
For being the franchise mascot's even-more-neglected younger brother, Pichu sure is happy. Even if you only wanted one for Volt Tackle, it still warms hearts.

Let's see...

"Do I look cuter with the red flower or with the blue one?"

Isn't she adorable?

Igglybuff feels bouncy too! Also looks like she's trying to hug somebody with those little arms...

Cute! Even more in SSB4 when it looks around for something to Take Down! Nice rabbit... ^_^

Either with Ember or its cuteness, Torchic also warms hearts!

Looks like Mantyke had a nice day!

Say Totodile it's cute or it'll bite you. Hey, but its a friendly bite! Looks like Totodile's saying: Me! Me! I want a hug!

rotom-3.gif

Come on! Chase me! Bet you can't get me!

Let's see...

"Do I look cuter with the red flower or with the blue one?"
I vote Floette-Eternal ;)

Too bad it hasn't been released yet! But the colours are so elegant, and the flower too. I think it's fitting. It also looks a little serious, or earnest. That's fitting as well, considering its backstory.

Another event exclusive I really like is Shaymin (especially Sky-forme). It has the combination of cute and cool that I can always appreciate in sprites and models. It also has a very nice colour palette, with the red detail in nice harmonious contrast with the green and white, making it look sincere, but not something you'd want to mess with.

Mega-Banette has been such a brilliant upgrade to Banette's normal design, at least in my consideration. I never cared for the Shuppet/Banette line before. Actually, I thought regular Banette was ugly, with a bland design and nothing to set itself apart! Cue XY and this super wicked Mega Evolution it received. Suddenly it has a much better contrast of colours, a recognizable theme, and zippers all over which make it look more balanced. It looks like a witch puppet! So nice!

I also firmly believe that Chingling is the actual embodiment of luck and childlike naïve happiness (which is a very good thing!).

Bellossom also makes me happy when I look at it. It's like the sun shines when I see it, even when it's actually raining outside in real life.

I took some time to look up the animated moves of the models I like best. This Psyduck is particularly adorable, especially when it's having the headache (does that make me a sadist?).

"BUHLHUHULhuhlulh!"

Maniacal laughter! I love it! Gengar looks evil here. It's confident of its strength, with good reason.

Jumpluff was such a pleasant surprise! How its fluffy round seed-things move is so incredibly cute! And you can also see how light it is, looks like it can just be carried off by a slight breeze, exploring the world on a zephyr ^_^

Does anyone else here like these croaks? I feel like they are a little under-appreciated on the internet, but I might be wrong. I really love how its cheeks (Croagunk) and its throatball (Toxicroak) fill with air. It makes the models special. I also think they look very cool in general, especially Toxicroak. The colour palette is nice, the special dart-like things as its third fingers, the spike on its head, even its teeth! I like it all.

Also, these two receive a star for trying:

Marshtomp had successful sprites past gens.

Spr_3r_259.png
Spr_b_3r_259.png
These sprites and Wattson's Magnetons were my actual reason to pick Mudkip. Marshtomp gives me its contagious happy-go-lucky vibe here,
its open arms and big smile shine even more in Emerald with the animated sprite, which is way better than DJ Swampert who turns bue (inside and outside, like his house with a blue little window) or Mudkip who goes nom-nom.

Spr_4d_259.png
Spr_b_4d_259.png
In fourth generation, they took a different approach, it's more chill now. The real thing that got my attention was the backsprite, where Marshtomp folds its fins(?) neatly to one side and lay its carms down, this makes its head and its petite body stand out more.

Spr_5b_259.png
Spr_b_5b_259.png
Now Marshtomp stands still, moving its arms sometimes to avoid cramps. The eyes are the first to catch my attention here, also the fin on its head. The shut mouth is the icing on the cake.

We shouldn't forget the pink fifth gen pokémon:

517.gif
The little movements Munna makes are really cute and the sniffing snout makes it ten times cuter.

518.gif
You can tell what kind of dream Musharna is having just by looking at this sprite, too bad the dream mist is a long tuft of hair now in sixth gen.

592f.gif
Frillish and especially its shiny
592f (1).gif
are exactly what their names are, a jellyfish, a frilly one.

And of course,
531.gif

Also, why didn't anybody mention Audino?! I can talk about it for hours!
Audino Flood (1).png
Audino Flood (3).png
Audino Flood (20).jpg
531.png

Last edited:
I don't know why. But I've always found registeel quite adorable. Just something about it's Shape and cry. I don't know. I JUST WANT A PET REGISTEEL NOW ;-;

Can we all agree this is the cutest HGSS sprite?

I mean, look at it. It's practically asking for a hug!

I like this Diamond/Pearl sprite of Igglybuff.

And shouts to Generation VI's Bonsly sprite.

How about little Snorunt freezing in the cold (even though it's an Ice-type mon)?

SO DAMN PRETTY CUTE!

It looks like it's about to explode and evolve into a Glalie *_*

And look at this cute lil nigga

Last edited:
I like quilava's movement in it genVI sprite.
Ay!

I like the previous gen sprites too because of the fiery hair, they also have doge like poses :)
Looks like it is playing with a ball or something :) (Gold)
"Say hi quilava" *extends paw for handshake* (Silver) :O Imagine if we had this shiny colors now, dem Purple flames
Quilava! Fetch! *Throws frisbee* (RSE)
Grrr... Come ate me, bro! (DPPt)

I actually prefer Cherrim's Overcast form!

Its shyness is cute, and endearing. I also may recognize myself better in Overcast Cherrim?
Perks of being a wallflower cherry blossom ^_^

Last edited:

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
I don't think this is cute, but it definitely doesn't belong in the Worst Sprites thread.

My first impression of Grovyle's RSE back sprite was that it reminded me of the Mona Lisa.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)