The Everything Eli Manning Thread - Overrated Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
toughest division would have to be the nfc north. then afc north, then nfc east, then nfc south, then afc east, then afc west, then afc south (should be owned by texans), then nfc west.

I think its: AFC North, NFC North, NFC East, NFC South, AFC East, AFC West, NFC West, then AFC South.

Main reason I put the NFC West > AFC South is the 49ers.

Just because Manning is now with the Broncos does not all of a sudden mean the AFC West is a great division. I still believe the NFC West is better than the AFC West and the AFC South, especially with the Rams hiring Jeff Fisher and the Seahawks signing Matt Flynn.

the afc west was a good division last year as far as competition. the raiders are always in it, the chargers have the potential to explode at any time, the chiefs aren't a slouch and the broncos just got peyton manning.

yond

mitt game strong
is a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
How is the AFC west 'bad'? Peyton Manning being added to a playoff team, the chiefs who are really damn talented on offense and defense (if not for injuries they are going 10-6 last season), and then you have the Chargers who are waaaay talented, and the raiders who are decent. Thats alot better than alot of divisions with one powerhouse and a few ok teams.

Also if you want to base rankings on last years records then the NFC south and NFC east both have 30 wins @ Killah, sooo lets not go to in depth with stats on this. There are some really strong teams in the NFC East and I don't think anyone can deny that. (All-Talented Ealges / Cowboys who are a threat to beat anyone, and a team whos won the most superbowls in the last 5 years)

my order: nfc north / afc north / afc east / nfc east / nfc south / afc west / afc south / nfc west
the nfc east clearly cannot be that bad of a division when it contains the super bowl champs, an underachieving cowboys team, and a stacked eagles team that underachieved a lot last year. and the nfc south could be more competitive depending on how well cam newton does

the Steelers are rebuilding their offensive line ( and in a QB driven league thats a problem )
just want to mention that the steelers have been rebuilding their offensive line ever since they won super bowl 40 lol (or whenever alan faneca left)

looks like they may have actually got a good piece of their line figured out for the next 10 years tho, pouncey/decastro gonna be too good inside

also the giants won the super bowl with the shittiest pass protect line in the league

my order: nfc north / afc north / afc east / nfc east / nfc south / afc west / afc south / nfc west
the nfc east clearly cannot be that bad of a division when it contains the super bowl champs, an underachieving cowboys team, and a stacked eagles team that underachieved a lot last year. and the nfc south could be more competitive depending on how well cam newton does

Your list is pretty good. But i still contend that the AFC East is weak as hell and only the NFC West and AFC South are worse. And Bubby, Matt Flynn could be a product of the Packers receiver core and the fact that he was playing the Lions. Not only that, i'm sure the Lions were not planning to play against Flynn and did not prepare for him. The Rams on the other hand have tons of draft picks and could be the best team in a couple of years but are far from it this year and i expect 4-12 at best.

also the giants won the super bowl with the shittiest pass protect line in the league
That's because, against all logic and common sense, Eli puts stupid good numbers under pressure. Why do you think Tom Coughlin wants to retire at 70? Or around the same time eli does. He saw something this year which shouldnt be possible out of Eli and knows that he can win as many super bowls as he wants if he focuses on him.

Your list is pretty good. But i still contend that the AFC East is weak as hell and only the NFC West and AFC South are worse.
that makes no sense lol
They have the Patriots...you have to concede that they're good
The Jets are decent and have made the AFC championship game 2 out of the past 3 years
the Bills have improved like fuck and were doing well last season until injury rape
and the dolphins are improving...it's really not that bad of a division lmao

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
AFC North, NFC North, NFC East, NFC South, AFC East, NFC West, AFC West, AFC South.

NFC East and NFC South are interchangeable. NFC West, AFC West, and AFC South are all equally as moody and are interchangeable.

Honestly, I still can't believe the Steelers have won as much as we have in the last 7 years, just because of our offensive line. Tt's so bad, and has been garbage for many years. So even though we are rebuilding it, it can't get worse IMO.

NFC North> AFC North> NFC South> AFC East> NFC East> NFC West> AFC South> AFC West

You guys are over rating the NFC East, they have the SB champs, but all the teams are close to average.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
right. the team that has won two superbowls in the last 4 years is mediocre. I'll remember that.
You obviously didn't read the rest of my post lol. I also called them a quality team but I guess that doesn't matter right?!?! Sorry but NY fans are a pretty insecure and defensive bunch, posts like this one I quoted always make me smile. Ignoring the content of the post to make an angry knee-jerk threatening reply because they saw one sentence that can be interpreted the wrong way.

And the Giants were mediocre last year. They were the last team in the playoffs, couldn't clinch a bad division without serious help, got outscored in the regular season, had no running game and a bad secondary, and they had to get ridiculously lucky bounces to get into the Super Bowl and won it by inches. They are by every measurable aspect the worst team to ever win a championship. They still won it, but that doesn't mean that their division is good or that they are a good regular season team. That's what the discussion was about, regular season division rankings.

Kelleh, he has the AFC West as one of the toughest so he clearly isn't using last years records. Don't know what he is using... Maybe potential? Even then the AFC West sucks.
Neither his nor my posts even used the word "AFC West" so I have no idea what you're referring to.

And I used total wins as the metric.

You guys are all dingbats... my order is afc north / afc east / nfc south (would be 2nd if saints weren't screwed) / nfc east (have the potential to be here, oftentimes play worse than they should cougheaglesandcowboyscough) / nfc north (the packers are one of the best teams but the vikings are the worst so it balances) / afc west / afc south / nfc west

Guys, read tehvalkrys' post before reading mine. After all, whatever he says is correct. Notice where he puts the AFC East.

that makes no sense lol
They have the Patriots...you have to concede that they're good
The Jets are decent and have made the AFC championship game 2 out of the past 3 years
the Bills have improved like fuck and were doing well last season until injury rape
and the dolphins are improving...it's really not that bad of a division lmao
1 good team does not make a division tough. The NFC West is a good example and mirrors the AFC East. 1 good team, 1 average(Cardinals/Jets... Jets are going downhill unless they focus on the run again), 1 up-and-coming-team(Seahawks/Bills) and a bad team. So while not as bas as the NFC West or AFC South it is near their level.

Neither his nor my posts even used the word "AFC West" so I have no idea what you're referring to.

And I used total wins as the metric.
I was talking about londies post. How he used "/" and thereby calling the West a tough division.

good team does not make a division tough. The NFC West is a good example and mirrors the AFC East. 1 good team, 1 average(Cardinals/Jets... Jets are going downhill unless they focus on the run again), 1 up-and-coming-team(Seahawks/Bills) and a bad team. So while not as bas as the NFC West or AFC South it is near their level.
I think it's a bit unfair to call the Bills up and coming and yet call the Dolphins "bad," considering the Dolphins showed a lot of potential during the season and finished with the same record, while the Bills started strong and fell apart.

You guys are all dingbats... my order is afc north / afc east / nfc south (would be 2nd if saints weren't screwed) / nfc east (have the potential to be here, oftentimes play worse than they should cougheaglesandcowboyscough) / nfc north (the packers are one of the best teams but the vikings are the worst so it balances) / afc west / afc south / nfc west
you have the afc and nfc east which each have 1-2 playoff teams ahead of the nfc north while they have 3 teams that could each could win 11+ games??

lol @ u

... in other news, Fred Jackson's contract extended, 2 years, potentially $9 mil
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7900884/fred-jackson-buffalo-bills-rewarded-contract-extension

Edit: My thoughts - seems like a pretty good deal for both sides. He's 31, but hasn't played as much in the NFL as other running backs. $9 mil isn't much at all for the Bills to shell out on a great RB, and other teams may have been wary after this next year to sign a running back on the wrong side of 30 (and the Bills could've franchised tagged him if he did have a good season).

Edit 2: Don't know much about his injury and how that'll affect him, though.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I don't think the injury will affect him. It was a broken bone in his leg, not an injury to any tissue. Once a bone heals, it's just a question if getting the muscles back into shape, but he should have no problem being just as effective.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't think the injury will affect him. It was a broken bone in his leg, not an injury to any tissue. Once a bone heals, it's just a question if getting the muscles back into shape, but he should have no problem being just as effective.
Tell that to Willie Parker =/

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
He was still effective after the broken leg, I'd say the knee injury and turf toe had more to do with his decline in production. But this contract is good for the team too, it's not like hockey where he's signed through his 40th birthday.

I think it's a bit unfair to call the Bills up and coming and yet call the Dolphins "bad," considering the Dolphins showed a lot of potential during the season and finished with the same record, while the Bills started strong and fell apart.
Well here is the thing... The Bills had an amazing(though i disaprove a bit on Williams contract) offseason and drafted well. The Dolphins on the other hand got their final win against a broken Jets team.. So i'm not believing their improvement. It only got worse in the offseason after they gave up a good wide receiver for very little and then wasted their first round pick on Tannehill. Now, he could work out. But the same goes for any pick. So yeah, i don't think the Dolphins are getting better. I just don't see how they can do better next season. Unless the Jets just collapse, which i don't see happening based solely on Rex Ryans' coaching abilities.

http://m.nfl.com/news/09000d5d828f4aa6/dr-phil-to-the-mothers-of-owens-kids-no-blood-from-a-turnip/

T.O. on Dr. Phil. Seriously, this article was depressing. I like T.O. and hopefully he gets signed.

you have the afc and nfc east which each have 1-2 playoff teams ahead of the nfc north while they have 3 teams that could each could win 11+ games??

lol @ u
H4H4H4H4, if you legitimately think the Lions or Bears are good teams than I don't even know what to say... they get 2 free wins off the Vikings every year and get to pad their stats in those games, so I guess that might deceive you?

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
H4H4H4H4, if you legitimately think the Lions or Bears are good teams than I don't even know what to say... they get 2 free wins off the Vikings every year and get to pad their stats in those games, so I guess that might deceive you?
Your opinion is getting skewed by how much you dislike the team you are a fan of. The Lions and Bears are both solid teams that have shown flashes of excellence when healthy. Stop posting on the subject.

P.S. I'm bored:

Division Winners:
NFC:
North: Packers
South: Falcons
East: Eagles
West: 49ers

AFC:
North: Steelers
South: Texans
East: Patriots
West: Chiefs

Wildcard:
NFC: Lions, Panthers
AFC: Bengals, Broncos

Pick the playoffs. Go.

Falcons beat random team

Falcons win again

Falcons win

Falcons beat Texans in superbowl

NO fan kills falcon fan on the way home D:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)