The Everything NFL Thread - 2012 Season (Up til 2013 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Yeah injuries (particularly Big Ben) never allowed the Broncos (the worst playoff team of all time) to win a home game in the playoffs or anything.
Worse than the literally-won-the-division-with-a-losing-record Seahawks? They won a home playoff game too! Heh.

For what it's worth, Football Outsiders rates the 2011 Broncos more favorably than the 2010 Seahawks. They peg the Seahawks as the second worst ever playoff team, above only the 2004 Rams and below the 1998 Cardinals. All of which won their first playoff game. What the fuck?

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
That Sunday night football night song makes everything sound less epic, fucking ditch it. Been waiting for this game for awhile, LET'S GO RAVENS!

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
lmfao he's so slow and oafish. 6'5" 260lb QB runs a 30 yard TD, lol.

Ravens will bounce back though don't worry Starrion!

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
lmfao he's so slow and oafish. 6'5" 260lb QB runs a 30 yard TD, lol.

Ravens will bounce back though don't worry Starrion!
Suggs couldn't catch him though, he's more unhealthy then I thought. Edit: hahahahaha he mentioned ball so hard university again!

Worse than the literally-won-the-division-with-a-losing-record Seahawks? They won a home playoff game too! Heh.

For what it's worth, Football Outsiders rates the 2011 Broncos more favorably than the 2010 Seahawks. They peg the Seahawks as the second worst ever playoff team, above only the 2004 Rams and below the 1998 Cardinals. All of which won their first playoff game. What the fuck?
Remember how statistics are good, but sometimes they lie? Record is not everything. The Broncos played a team minus its premier RB, minus its premier RB & above average QB, and the Raiders minus either their premier RB or average QB or both fuck if I remember. All in all the Broncos got luck on top of their luck on top of their lucky fucking luck, if there were ever an unambiguous worst playoff team of all time it was them. A team designed to beat bad teams is all they were and I confidently predicted Patriots specifically beating them by at least 20 points both times well in advance (after the first time I predicted 25+ instead). Somehow with the injuries they had at that point, the Steelers were a bad team, or home field is just that crazy an advantage, or coincidences can keep happening. The worst playoff teams won games...because life is a cosmic joke I guess. And wants to frustrate guys like me who like to so freely define things as great or terrible :(

ROYbert Griffin III amiright?

Perfect rating with only one incompletion and 4 passing TDs.
15 attempts, 200 yards all that need be said. It was an Alex Smith/game manager type performance(like the 49er-Card game). Luck played better and is still better.

Chargers suck. Eagles most hyped, worst team i can think of. Cowboys pulled the upset.. Damn.

:s 14/15 game manager?

I guess a lot of them were short yardage. But he had two massive deep bombs and missed 1 pass

lol.

Luck: 27/50, 54%, 334 yards, 6.68 ypa, 2 TD, 3 INT

Is a better game than

Griffin: 14/15, 93%, 200 yards, 13.3 ypa, 4 TD 0 INT?

Luck threw as many TDs as Griffin but half of Luck's were to the wrong team. Stop downplaying Griffin's success if you aren't going to watch his games. He is doing the absolute best he can do with the plays called and the talent around him. He had so few throws in part because he had Eagles lineman in his face as soon as he snapped the ball.

the presumptive best nfl teams (Texans, Packers, Falcons though not really falcons they suck dick) all got the shit trolled out of them today...but they also all won in the end

Patriots are scary...I feel embarrassed for having rated them as low as #6 before, because they are a lot better than teams with or without injuries. Texans > Patriots > Packers > Bears

list of the only offenses on this par the past several seasons via the requirement of three straight 35+ point games (a basis for elite offenses that many of you may have never heard of, because I made this one up)

1993 Fortyniners (lost to Super Bowl Obliteratin' Cowboys)
1994 Fortyniners (won the Super Bowl)
1995 Fortyniners (lost to the Packers, who would win a Super Bowl the next year and go to the next one after)
1997 Broncos (Elwayed the Super Bowl)
1998 Vikings (lost to the Super Bowl losing Falcons, weak)
1999 Rams (oops greatest offense of all time, CFLed the fuck out of the Super Bowl)
2000 Rams (yawn taking a year off, still the best offense of all time)
2000 Broncos (lost to the Super Bowl winning Ravens)
2002 Eagles (lost to the Super Bowl pirating Buccaneers)
2002 Saints (how the fuck they did it who knows, missed playoffs but this streak was against a 7-9, 9-6-1, and 10-6 team so it was intense)
2004 Colts (if you cannot guess they lost to the Super Bowl winning Patriots you are really bad at following this post by now)
2004 Bills (after a stretch involving 2 6 point games in just 4 games, they magically ripped off 37, 38, 42, 37, 33, and 41 points and then lost to the Steelers and whiffed the playoffs anyway in one of the most inspiringly futile struggles against futility in NFL history)
2005 Colts (no huddle offense was the best in the league, lost to the Super Bowl Thievin' Steelers D)
2005 Bengals (no huddle offense, second best in the league to the Colts, lost to the Super Bowl Thievin' Steelers D)
2007 Patriots (lost a Super Bowl to luck)
2009 Saints (won a Super Bowl)
2010 Patriots (hahahaha losing to the Jets)
2011 Packers (lost to the Super Bowl Thievin' Giants)
2011 Saints (lost to the thieved out of a Super Bowl 49ers)

basically this offense is going to very likely raise some fucking hell in the playoffs, of the 19 teams 4 won the Super Bowl, 2 lost the Super Bowl, and an impressive 9 lost to the team who won the Super Bowl, which is actually a fairly staggering rate

I am pretty addicted to looking shit like this up oops

keep in mind that the only repeat offenders (GET IT HAHAHA) to put up these numbers twice in a short period all won a Super Bowl then or shortly after...the Fortyniners won it the second time, the Colts won it after two times, the Rams won it the first time, then went to a Super Bowl again shortly afterward, Saints won it the first time but did not go back well whatever okay fuck the Giants

Anyway, only dumb luck or the Texans loom large between the Patriots and more Super Bowl dreams, with the death of the Ravens D I do not see how anyone could stop the Patriots pre-Super Bowl besides the Texans, and if they get there I think that they are 90% winning it all.

I think I've done enough crying now to give my thoughts on the Eagles:

We suck.

See you next week!
worry not I will no longer attempt to point you toward optimism, the Eagles are a fuckup machine

Whoah whoah, the Broncos could beat the Pats at Denver. Denvers biggest problem is their fumbles. So it's not a two way race.

Also Gronk out for a while, so Denver should get the #2 seed.

Note: Rivers only managed to do anything in garbage time and when the Broncos were playing prevent D.

Whoah whoah, the Broncos could beat the Pats at Denver. Denvers biggest problem is their fumbles. So it's not a two way race.

Any team can beat any team. The Patriots beat the Broncos 31-21 in Denver, they already settled who is the superior team. More to the point, I was only discussing how the Patriots are hitting an offensive stride that is only paralleled by historically great offenses for the most part (particularly since they did it twice in 5 seasons, although back to back seasons would have been more compelling statistically), and how it means THEY can steal a Super Bowl from the Texans more likely than any other team in the world.

And how beating the Patriots in the playoffs with a season and a Super Bowl on the line would be tantamount to winning the Super Bowl for anyone who wants to file it away (since 13/22 total of these teams won it all or lost to the team who won it all pre-Super Bowl, a ridiculous number), for anyone who wanted to file it away.

I never overreact to specific things that happen in specific weeks, you should know that by now. I do not give a fucking shit what the Chargers did to the Broncos late, I give a shit about what has happened over the course of several weeks straight.

Most Games Scoring 50+ Points, Season, 3[12]
New York Giants: 1950
Los Angeles Rams: 1950
Dallas Cowboys: 1966
Minnesota Vikings: 1969

Notice how the last time was fucking 1969? The 2012 Patriots are fucking historic, people just do not realize it yet. Throw in that they have another 45 point game and a three game 35+ stretch and not only

1992 Fortyniners 56, 41
1993 Fortyniners 55, 45, 44
1994 Fortyniners 50, 49 (lol Super Bowl), 44
1995 Fortyniners 44, 44, 41

1997 Broncos 42, 38, 38
1998 Broncos 42, 41, 40

2003 Colts 55, 41, 38
2004 Colts 51, 49, 49
2005 Colts 45, 45, 40
2006 Colts 45, 43, 38

2008 Saints 51, 42, 37
2009 Saints 48, 48, 46
2010 Saints shitty
2011 Saints 62, 49, 45

2007 Patriots 56, 52, 49
2008 Patriots shitty
2009 Patriots shitty
2010 Patriots 45, 45, 41
2011 Patriots 49, 45, 41
2012 Patriots 52, 59, 45

As far as I can remember, only these offenses in basically the entire history of the NFL compare with the 2007+2012 Patriots. The only other team on this list with two 50+ point games are the 2007 Patriots, and while it may resemble some sort of dickishness to some people, I am just trying to point out how this Patriots team awfully resembles a massively elite team. Their only losses were close, and while I think it showed some mental weakness at the time, but a reasonable interpretation now is that they moved past any growing pains with this hyper hurry up shit that they were having at the time.

Stallion

Tree Young

Note: Rivers only managed to do anything in garbage time and when the Broncos were playing prevent D.
We're 8-2 and you're not even considering us for the 2 seed? Keep sleeping everyone.

We're 8-2 and you're not even considering us for the 2 seed? Keep sleeping everyone.
not only does record not mean anything (do you even watch NFL) (schemes a team can execute and maximum performance matter a lot more), but the moment the Ravens only put up 9 points against the Chiefs they stopped being taken seriously by anyone with anything resembling a working brain

Stallion

Tree Young
not only does record not mean anything (do you even watch NFL) (schemes a team can execute and maximum performance matter a lot more), but the moment the Ravens only put up 9 points against the Chiefs they stopped being taken seriously by anyone with anything resembling a working brain
Do I even watch football? Is there a need to come across as a condescending twat? I have watched everything Ravens game barring the second Browns one in their entirety. Did i say that the Ravens would win a superbowl? Fuck no, in the playoffs I'd say that the Texans, Patriots and Broncos would all have a good shot of knocking us off. And thats just in the AFC. The fact of the matter is that I said at 8-2 you'd have to be fucking retarded to discount us as a legit threat to actually hold onto the two seed. If youre gonna discount us based off the Chiefs game, lets rule out the Steelers cause the Chiefs actually led vs them, and lets discount the Texans cause the fucking Jags scored in the high 30s vs them and took them to OT at home. Granted I dont see how we are winning so much aside from our number 1 ranked red zone d.

Says someone is being a condescending twat, use it as an excuse to escalate your insult to "fucking retarded" when I am just relaying what everyone in the league knows, you sure raced to hypocrisy as fast as you fucking could there. Which means you just wanted to be pretentious.

Anyone who watches football has seen 15-1 teams drop like flies, year after year. That was my point. Records do not indicate viability, what you fucking see about a team, what the statistics say, what you can discern about luck being present or not, those things tell you what you need to know.

You can rant and rave and froth at the mouth about your homer interests all you want, but everyone knows that the Ravens are a complete fucking joke. Their offense is there one week, gone the next week, only executes against really bad defenses, they lucked ass backwards into wins over the Patriots, Cowboys, Steelers, and put up 9 points against a team that every single other team to play has motherfucking crucified (no one else put up less than like 24 points except the Steelers in a game they lost their quarterback lol). The defense has given up a ton of yards, so while they have done good at not letting the yards murder them, they are also obviously going to get shat on by every elite team they face when the season is on the line. We saw the Texans toss them around like rag dolls in the playoffs last season (a game they would have won by 14 points with a real NFL quarterback playing) and this season (43-13, a preposterous result).

Anything can happen in any game, it does not negate meaningful points. When the Colts and Bengals played to 45-37 in 2005, we knew that the Colts were just plainly the superior team. The Ravens are a fucking joke, and everyone knows that the Texans, Patriots, Packers, Bears, Fortyniners, Falcons, Broncos, Giants, and probably even the Colts (after all, Luck at his best is already better than Flacco at his best) are a way better fucking shot at mattering in the playoffs.

Stallion

Tree Young
Reread my post carefully. I said that people discounting us from maintaining the second seed at 8-2 are dumb. Nowhere did I say that we are a legit Superbowl threat and I even went as far as listing 3 AFC teams who would have a legit shot vs us in the playoffs. I'm a homer of course but not to the extent you accuse me of being. Having said that, if we sorted out our road woes or somehow were to get home field advantage throughout the playoffs, we could surprise people.

Oh, I fucked up, sorry for the unnecessary fight then. I thought your #2 seed thing was a response to some hero + me because I thought his seed reference was still some weird way to respond about power rankings, like that since the Broncos might get a bye they should occupy the #2 seed in my rankings. I do not know what I was thinking lol

Stallion

Tree Young
Oh, I fucked up, sorry for the unnecessary fight then. I thought your #2 seed thing was a response to some hero + me because I thought his seed reference was still some weird way to respond about power rankings, like that since the Broncos might get a bye they should occupy the #2 seed in my rankings. I do not know what I was thinking lol
All good man, it happens!

Sorry if i caused that fight. I actually was just looking ahead in the playoff picture. The toughest game the Broncos play is against the Ravens, so even if both finish 13-3 the Broncos would get the #2 seed(since they already have 3 losses, they would have to beat the Ravens). But the Ravens going 13-3 is unlikely anyway as they still have to play the Steelers, Chargers, Giants and Broncos. 2 losses there is very probable the way the team is playing. The other candidate for the #2 seed would be the Patriots and they have the advantage of having beaten the Broncos already. But again, they have yet to play the Texans or 49ers so a split there is likely. This is all assuming the Broncos don't lose another game of course. No crazy power rankings, just how i think(and hope) it will end up. I've given up hope on the Texans losing 3 more..

Still, the Broncos fumbling prpblems scare me a bit. Peyton might be consistent and the defense is playing way better, but it might cost them another game if they fumble at the wrong time.

Just wanted to point out how CK said that the Falcons have a better shot at mattering in the playoffs than the Ravens :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)