The Everything NFL Thread - 2013-2014 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Never saw the point of the Panthers taking a second DT when we have needs for a secondary, reciever, and safety. But...I guess with Jackson and Doug Martin in our division, it was almost necessary. Not having a 3rd pick sucks, but maybe we can make good use of the later rounds.

REALLY liking our draft so far.

looks to be 3 players that will be good for a long time.

all BAP and all addressing need simultaneously.

Bradley said late Friday night one of the most striking aspects of the first two rounds was that by the end of Round 2, the Jaguars’ board was almost clean. All but one of the players Caldwell and the scouting staff projected in the first two rounds was off the board when the team selected Gratz.

“(Owner Shad (Khan) commented on them,” Bradley said. “He said, ‘Look at that Gus.’ I said that’s amazing how it went just to follow our board to a T.’’
love it.

Never saw the point of the Panthers taking a second DT when we have needs for a secondary, reciever, and safety. But...I guess with Jackson and Doug Martin in our division, it was almost necessary. Not having a 3rd pick sucks, but maybe we can make good use of the later rounds.
I'm really interested in looking into the recent history of teams "double dipping" on the same position in the first few rounds of the draft.

Recently, the Colts did it with the TEs Fleener and Allen, the Patriots did it with Gronkowski/Hernandez, the Redskins did it with RG3/Cousins, and the Bucs did it with Gerald McCoy/Brian Price. The Falcons did it this draft with Trufant/Alford. I'm sure there are plenty of others, too, that went for the same position in the first couple of rounds. I'm curious to see how many of those players went on to have successful careers, and whether any pair had both players being considered "busts."

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
The Pats drafted some no name S from Rutgers in the Third round
And a CB from Rutgers 8 picks earlier than that. In fact, we've had a long history of drafting/signing players from Rutgers because of how much Belichick liked the way Schiano ran the organization there.

Hence my joke.

I don't get it either, but eh, I guess it builds depth...like I said though, would like to see more drafting on the offensive players, I like Boldin/Crabtree/Manningham, but Boldin is (unfortunately) getting old and technically a 1 year rental for now, while Manningham is good, but not great and coming off an injury. Not to mention I don't trust that AJ Jenkins guy we drafted last year, he couldn't even see much regular time between Crabtree and Moss. We did get a new TE to fill the void left by Walker though...

I DON't think the Giants are having the best draft ever... A draft on par with the Giants.

So far, the Panthers and Lions are having the best draft ever. With a bunch of other teams having a good draft. The only teams i shake my head at are the Jets, Dolphins, Bills(not surprisingly all in the AFC East; the Bills though are the least crappy here) and Cowboys. I liked the Boys first round, but took a backup player(for at least the next 3 years) in the second round and nothing spectacular in the third.

EDIT: Jason Witten is probably the best TE i have ever seen in the game. Not as many freak catches as Gronk or athletic as Graham but his reliability is on a whole other level. Sucks that Gonzales never had a QB on Romos level though.

Barkley went to the Eagles. Seems weird to me because I doubt Chip Kelly's system would work for Barkley.

I don't think the Browns is having the best draft ever. I wanted them to pick Tavon Austin since they really need a true No. 1 WR because there's no one on the Browns receiving corp that can be a go-to playmaker. The defense was fine last year and sure they are going to a new defense but that offense needs seriously help and they haven't drafted any offensive talent so far.

I DON't think the Giants are having the best draft ever... A draft on par with the Giants.

So far, the Panthers and Lions are having the best draft ever. With a bunch of other teams having a good draft. The only teams i shake my head at are the Jets, Dolphins, Bills(not surprisingly all in the AFC East; the Bills though are the least crappy here) and Cowboys. I liked the Boys first round, but took a backup player(for at least the next 3 years) in the second round and nothing spectacular in the third.

EDIT: Jason Witten is probably the best TE i have ever seen in the game. Not as many freak catches as Gronk or athletic as Graham but his reliability is on a whole other level. Sucks that Gonzales never had a QB on Romos level though.
The Lions and Panthers? The Lions still havent picked an OT and they need two. The Panthers picked a DT in round 2 when they were still quality corners available.

The Panthers got a steal in Star, but Short was kind of meh. They need a WR to complement Smith.

Lol wtf Nassib. Trade bait maybe?

Levine Trololo
I am disappoint. At least Toilolo will make an interesting red zone target. If Kwame Geathers and TJ Barnes (who visited with the Falcons) arent drafted I will be very mad.

EDIT: Watch the Saints take one of them.

Predicting Falcons will take Barnes in the seventh if he's there. So far every pick has had a workout/visit.

[Youtube]o61Zc2egAr0&[/youtube]

Mmmmmmmaponga

yond

mitt game strong
is a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Giants realize David Carr is too old now and isn't a reliable backup for more than another year. Nassib was the highest player on their board and will be one of the best backups for the Giants in the NFL. Eli doesn't miss games, so Nassib probably won't ever see the field as a Giant, but he'll be a good guy to trade in 3 or 4 years down the road ala Matt Flynn for a high pick (obviously not first). I really wanted Khaseem Greene there, but Reese refuses to draft linebackers so alas we get Nassib. Anyways, I don't think its the end of Eli's era like some idiot mentioned. Eli probably has another 7 to 9 seasons in him (proven by his durability to this point)

Giants realize David Carr is too old now and isn't a reliable backup for more than another year. Nassib was the highest player on their board and will be one of the best backups for the Giants in the NFL. Eli doesn't miss games, so Nassib probably won't ever see the field as a Giant, but he'll be a good guy to trade in 3 or 4 years down the road ala Matt Flynn for a high pick (obviously not first). I really wanted Khaseem Greene there, but Reese refuses to draft linebackers so alas we get Nassib. Anyways, I don't think its the end of Eli's era like some idiot mentioned. Eli probably has another 7 to 9 seasons in him (proven by his durability to this point)
Nah i'm pretty sure Elis time in NY is over. Most INTs last three seasons, was the biggest reason the Giants collapsed last year(and 2010), is getting old oh and did I mention hes color blind??? Nassib was brought in to compete for the starting job. Even if hes mediocre he might get some playing time in the middle of the season after one of Elis(many) "bad days".

EDIT: These teams would be interested in trading for Eli:

Cowboys
Eagles
Buccaneers
Bears
Vikings
Cardinals
Rams
(maybe) Seahawks
Jets
Bills
Dolphins
Browns
Jags
Texans
Titans
Chargers(LOL)
Raiders
Chiefs

Trade bait indeed.

The only teams i shake my head at are the Jets, Dolphins, Bills
I'm guessing one pick defines your whole draft? The rest of of the Dolphins picks have been solid, I think they've filled a lot of holes on defense, I especially like the two CB they drafted and the other OLB. Even then, selecting Dion Jordan wasn't necessarily a bad pick, I just think a lot people (including myself) thought Lane Johnson was a better pick. Still, I'm not going to sit here and pretend that I know more than whatt they know, so I'm perfectly fine with them picking Jordan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)