The Everything some hero (NFL) Thread - 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop overreacting. It's not like Goodell owns the league and gets all the money. I really like Goodell though. As long as the NFL is popular he can stay. He isn't an elected official and whatever power he has is over people playing games... I forgot who said it but any publicity is good publicity. Because of how short the NFL season is, being able to maintain headlines year round is incredible. As wacky as Goodell is as long as he's doing his job, he has my approval. If the leagues popularity ever decreases then he gets fired. All this crap is a non issue and good for the league imo.
It's not like he's the shittiest pro sports commish in history or anything.
It's not like he handled the Ray Rice situation poorly.
It's not like he suspended a top 5 NFL player for a report that had no conclusive proof he even did it.
Let's all praise Goodell for being innocent and amazing.
EDIT: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ore-traded-by-raiders-to-colts-for-draft-pick
I like this move but I don't really understand why the Raiders wanted to get rid of him. Hoping he can be a good linebacker to compliment Robert Mathis being back. I just don't want this to be a "Trent Richardson" trade. Thankfully, it wasn't a 1st rounder.
EDIT2: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000521959/article/matt-barkley-traded-to-arizona-cardinals lol Philly
EDIT3: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...cons-release-yates-grossman-keep-sean-renfree Sexy Rexy is now teamless again

Last edited:

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Stop overreacting. It's not like Goodell owns the league and gets all the money. I really like Goodell though. As long as the NFL is popular he can stay. He isn't an elected official and whatever power he has is over people playing games... I forgot who said it but any publicity is good publicity. Because of how short the NFL season is, being able to maintain headlines year round is incredible. As wacky as Goodell is as long as he's doing his job, he has my approval. If the leagues popularity ever decreases then he gets fired. All this crap is a non issue and good for the league imo.
still not watching any nfl games until he's fired or "leaves on his own accord"

I guess it's not Tebow Time™ after all.....

And I'm not surprised that Gray got cut today, but he's certainly had one of the more interesting journey's of an NFL player in recent memory

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Wayne was an old spicy monster for lucks rookie season. He's already used up his veteran juju magic. For a team that runs 3-4 wr sets and with two of them locked down he's gonna have to compete with younger players for attention. Especially when his skill set is overlapped by almost every other Patriots reciever (the chik drafts for route running capability and intelligence). He will not be on the field as a primary reciever especially since he'll be too old to run in a hurry up offense. If he even makes the team which I'm still skeptical of, he will not be a major contributor in any capacity.
I'd like to thank the academy...

Week 1 is here so ill be makin my season purrdictions

Last year I correctly picked the Superbowl winner so just call me Nostradamus

AFC
East:Patriots
North:Ravens
West:Broncos
South:Colts
Wildcards: Kansas City, Pittsburgh

AFC Championship: Ravens vs Patriots

NFC
East:Eagles
North:Packers
West:Seahawks
South:Saints
Wildcards:Cowboys, Vikings

NFC Championship: Seahawks vs Eagles

Superbowl Eagles (had the packers till Jordy got hurt) vs Patriots

CPOTY:Sam Bradford
MVP:Tom Brady
OPOTY:Rodgers
DPOTY:JJ Watt
ROTY:Amari Cooper

Random predictions:
Sam Bradford throws for 30+ TDs
Jordan Matthews will have over 1300 yards
Alex Smith throws 8 TDs to WRs
Lesean Mccoy sucks it up in Buffalo
The Jets will suck
The Dolphins are better than 8-8
The Colts will have the leagues best offense and a bottom 5 defense
Peyton Manning plays at an elite level still until the postseason
Julio Jones leads the league in receiving
The Titans fire whiz before the season ends
Assmad teams will complain about the Patriots being better than them

Pretty solid predictions actually besides all the Patsies homerism. I disagree with Dallas as a wild card because they hid a lot of weaknesses last year with that run game that they won't be able to this year, but now that I think about it, there really is no better team I can think of. Maybe Arizona, but Arians will need Palmer and Ellington to stay healthy and John Brown to take that next step for the offense to mitigate the losses they're taking on D. Maybe Lolions, but they need to be able to establish the run this year and not have to rely on turnover king Stafford all the time to run the most efficient offense possible.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Week 1 is here so ill be makin my season purrdictions

Last year I correctly picked the Superbowl winner so just call me Nostradamus

AFC
East:Patriots
North:Ravens
West:Broncos
South:Colts
Wildcards: Kansas City, Pittsburgh

AFC Championship: Ravens vs Patriots

NFC
East:Eagles
North:Packers
West:Seahawks
South:Saints
Wildcards:Cowboys, Vikings

NFC Championship: Seahawks vs Eagles

Superbowl Eagles (had the packers till Jordy got hurt) vs Patriots

CPOTY:Sam Bradford
MVP:Tom Brady
OPOTY:Rodgers
DPOTY:JJ Watt
ROTY:Amari Cooper

Random predictions:
Sam Bradford throws for 30+ TDs
Jordan Matthews will have over 1300 yards
Alex Smith throws 8 TDs to WRs
Lesean Mccoy sucks it up in Buffalo
The Jets will suck
The Dolphins are better than 8-8
The Colts will have the leagues best offense and a bottom 5 defense
Peyton Manning plays at an elite level still until the postseason
Julio Jones leads the league in receiving
The Titans fire whiz before the season ends
Assmad teams will complain about the Patriots being better than them
Even as the biggest Ravens homer ever, I'm a little nervous to put us in the AFC championship, purely because our receiving corps sucks at the moment (and is missing Perriman). If he comes back healthy though, our defense is looking pretty good and there isn't a standout team in the division to make life miserable for us. Pitt have an electric offense but a crap defense, and lol Bungles + Browns.

Colts vs. Seahawks superbowl is my prediction. Luck is rising and Brady's gotta eventually decline right? Plus the Colts have a running back not named Trent Richardson or Ahmad Bradshaw which is a plus. I feel as though the Pats will have some stiff competition from the Bills and Dolphins this year, but knowing them they'll still manage to figure out how to win the division anyway.

Pretty solid predictions on the whole.

man I'm gonna homer too for a minute but I can't understand why anyone (and by that I mean a LOT of people) is picking the Saints to win the NFC South this year. They literally lost their best offensive player (relative to position, Graham > Brees at this point in their careers) and best defensive player and people are expecting them to improve. Brees has no one to throw to outside Cooks (Colston is on the downslope of his career, and most people haven't even heard of the rest of the guys on their roster) and didn't look that great last year anyway. Meanwhile, literally every other team in the NFC South has gotten better, I guess pending on how good you think Winston is. I can't really buy them being contenders this year, unless Cooks absolutely blows up and their defensive rookies step up big as well.

The Panthers have the best defense in the NFC South, but they lost their #1 passing option and that offense could look really mediocre. The Falcons still stink on defense with lackluster personnel despite their efforts to improve on defense through free agency and the draft, and the Bucs have a starting rookie QB behind a bad O-line. While the Saints don't exactly a studly defense (I think their defense is pretty bad) and lost some major players on offense, I feel people feel more safe picking the Saints than any of the other NFC South teams due to better recent success. You can't really call any team from the NFC South a contender unless something miraculous happens, and picking the winner of this division is such a crapshoot.

man I'm gonna homer too for a minute but I can't understand why anyone (and by that I mean a LOT of people) is picking the Saints to win the NFC South this year. They literally lost their best offensive player (relative to position, Graham > Brees at this point in their careers) and best defensive player and people are expecting them to improve. Brees has no one to throw to outside Cooks (Colston is on the downslope of his career, and most people haven't even heard of the rest of the guys on their roster) and didn't look that great last year anyway. Meanwhile, literally every other team in the NFC South has gotten better, I guess pending on how good you think Winston is. I can't really buy them being contenders this year, unless Cooks absolutely blows up and their defensive rookies step up big as well.
On the opposite end of the spectrum, I don't get the "doom and gloom" viewpoint of losing Graham by some people. The Saints don't need him to have a successful offense more than they need a top center like Unger to allow Drew to step up in the pocket. If you believe Payton when he says the Saints will run a more balanced offense this year, then the presence of Ingram and Khiry should take some pressure off Cooks and Brandon Coleman to produce (though they will be integral, especially Cooks). Consider also that last season was the first for Brees not to have a Sproles/Pierre Thomas or Sproles/PT-"type" pass catcher out of the backfield, which they have probably almost exclusively in Spiller this year as they try to get him in space unlike the uninventive Bills.

Defensively, it'll be a struggle. Losing Lewis already is tough. Browner isn't what comes to mind when I picture a CB1. Byrd and Vaccaro will be very solid on the back end though. Byrd also avoided the PUP which is great. Other than that, no high hopes on D.

I'm fully ready to admit my Saints could win the division and likely be anywhere from 7-9 to 9-7 in doing so. Health permitting, imo, they have the most talented team in the division.

The Panthers have the best defense in the NFC South, but they lost their #1 passing option and that offense could look really mediocre. The Falcons still stink on defense with lackluster personnel despite their efforts to improve on defense through free agency and the draft, and the Bucs have a starting rookie QB behind a bad O-line. While the Saints don't exactly a studly defense (I think their defense is pretty bad) and lost some major players on offense, I feel people feel more safe picking the Saints than any of the other NFC South teams due to better recent success. You can't really call any team from the NFC South a contender unless something miraculous happens, and picking the winner of this division is such a crapshoot.
not saying any of the other teams are good, but last year Panthers ~= Saints ~= Falcons. Even with Benjamin out (tbh he wasn't all that good last year, but missing him will still hurt) I think the Panthers improved over last year, and I think the Falcons did as well. I can say with 99% confidence that the Saints did not improve, which makes me question the "safety" of picking them.

And, because I'm a Falcons homer and need to point it out, the Falcons were ranked 32nd last year on total defense and improved, the Saints were ranked 31st last year on total defense and got worse (in scoring, they were 26th/27th). One of those two teams just added the DC from the best defense in the last couple years as their head coach.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I don't get the "doom and gloom" viewpoint of losing Graham by some people. The Saints don't need him to have a successful offense more than they need a top center like Unger to allow Drew to step up in the pocket. If you believe Payton when he says the Saints will run a more balanced offense this year, then the presence of Ingram and Khiry should take some pressure off Cooks and Brandon Coleman to produce (though they will be integral, especially Cooks). Consider also that last season was the first for Brees not to have a Sproles/Pierre Thomas or Sproles/PT-"type" pass catcher out of the backfield, which they have probably almost exclusively in Spiller this year as they try to get him in space unlike the uninventive Bills.

Defensively, it'll be a struggle. Losing Lewis already is tough. Browner isn't what comes to mind when I picture a CB1. Byrd and Vaccaro will be very solid on the back end though. Byrd also avoided the PUP which is great. Other than that, no high hopes on D.

I'm fully ready to admit my Saints could win the division and likely be anywhere from 7-9 to 9-7 in doing so. Health permitting, imo, they have the most talented team in the division.
You can't honestly say that losing one of the best offensive non-QBs in the NFL won't have a major negative impact on the offense. Graham was the most important cog in the Sean Payton-Drew Brees offense, and with him being injured/unproductive last season it definitely showed in Brees' statline (Brees had his worst season since 2010, waitforit, JG's rookie season). The offense will definitely have a new look this year, and some people might say that the change is good. From my perspective, as someone who is betting on whether or not the Saints will be better this year, change is scary. I honestly can't see the uptick in the running game making up for the decline in defense (didn't even mention the other JG, who had 30% and 25% of the Saints sack totals the last two years and is, deservedly, gone) and the decline in passing/red zone efficiency you lost when Jimmy Graham couldn't be paid. Still, stranger things have happened, and I'm a big believer in Brandon Cooks this year, and there's no reason to believe 2015 Brees will be any different than 2011 Brees.

The offense will definitely have a new look this year, and some people might say that the change is good. From my perspective, as someone who is betting on whether or not the Saints will be better this year, change is scary.
I mean, you're not exactly invested in the wellbeing of the Saints, so I'll take it with a grain of salt. But really, Payton is a mastermind at utilizing his offensive personnel. Nobody's denying that losing Graham would affect any offense negatively, but Brees and Payton still have - and gained - weapons and they'll use them. Let's not pretend that offense will be an issue in dictating the team's success. It'll hinge on the play of defense and special teams. I personally don't believe the D can be any worse than it was last year (partly because Galette was a fucking cancer and needed to go, no matter his on the field performance), but how much better, if at all, it gets is TBD. They made some additions, got some guys healthy, had some losses, and already have some injuries. Likely a bottom five unit still along with Atlanta.

Ultimately, nobody's saying the Saints have to be world beaters either. They just have to be better than the other guys in the division. That won't be too hard.

Last edited:
You could recycle that same season preview every year dating back to 1998 and nobody would notice.

The Colts have been loading up on offense and ignoring their defense for almost 20 years now.
It's still too early to call a top team in the AFC out. Let the season play first before you say that you'll thrash us. Might I remind you of 2006 and 2009? I'd argue that the 2015 Colts have more talent than the 2009 team that went 14-2 and the 2006 team that won the Super Bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)