The Everything some hero (NFL) Thread - 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're worse than some hero
I try to remain consistent.

But sometimes I loose my cool when the weekly SPYGATE CHEATRIOTS story comes out.

and if you don't like talking about the Patriots then I don't know what to tell ya. That's like asking someone to discuss basketball in the 90's without mentioning the Chicago Bulls.

Really makes you wonder how much the Patriots really did

Prolly pumped crowd noise into the falcons stadium and Hacked Ray Farmer's phone mighta set up ray rice too who knows

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I try to remain consistent.

But sometimes I loose my cool when the weekly SPYGATE CHEATRIOTS story comes out.

and if you don't like talking about the Patriots then I don't know what to tell ya. That's like asking someone to discuss basketball in the 90's without mentioning the Chicago Bulls.
a) you're delusional to compare the Pats to Jordan-era Bulls

b) no one has a problem with discussing the Pats. the problem is that not a single post in the last 30 has been discussing their team composition, field performance, etc. AKA all the things football fans care about. The Patriots "discussion" has been a complete persecution-complex circlejerk. That's not football discussion, and it gets old, fast.

edit: Taking comments about the Pats causing 9/11 seriously? You are, in fact, worse than some hero

b) no one has a problem with discussing the Pats. the problem is that not a single post in the last 30 has been discussing their team composition, field performance, etc. AKA all the things football players care about. The Patriots "discussion" has been a complete persecution-complex circlejerk. That's not football discussion, and it gets old, fast.
So when a report that brings the validity of your on field performance into question surfaces, the players in said report shouldn't care about it? The fans of that team shouldn't care about it? Gotcha.

And yes deflategate was getting old, but now we have a brand new (old) story about the Patriots cheating to pass the time with.

Like it or not, the Patriots are getting talked about.

edit: Taking comments about the Pats causing 9/11 seriously? You are, in fact, worse than some hero
I can't recommend a twitter follow more than PFTcommenter

Last edited:

I really love this pic from the article

(Left BB talking about Spygate, right BB talking about Deflategate)

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Yeah pretzels you need to relax, your patriots homerism is disrupting the peaceful and entirely respectful Ravens circle jerk this thread wants to be.

Lolling at the idea we can't compare the 90s Bulls to the current Patriots who have had a longer reign of dominance by half over in a much harder sport to dominate in. But yeah bud, Patriots fans are overzealous in their praise to make a comparison like that.

And I'm really lolling at the idea that most football fans don't want to hear about it anymore or don't care when it has been a media driven story from the get go and they release a new story every other day on the same content and they still get paid oodles and oodles of money because everyone still fucking listens to it. Hilarious how passionate people are when they insist that "no one cares".

If you wanted to talk about football, go watch a fucking old game and yak about some shit, literally try and start ANY conversation on your own. But don't try to shut people down for talking about literally the only major story in the offseason. Especially don't do it under of being tired of homerism. Like fuck, you'd have to kick Killah out of this thread if you really hated constant homerism. No one wants that, man.

Btw hope everyone watches America's game tonight on NFL network featuring the Patriots

and if you haven't had enough Patriots, on Wednesday you can watch the do your job documentary on the Patriots which looks extremely interesting.

Then on Thursday you can watch the Superbowl champion New England Patriots raise their banner in what will almost surely be the most watched opener of all time.

Then on Friday we can all talk about the new Patriots cheating scandal when we find out the Patriots cheated on Thursday.

Just can't get enough of the Patriots

Last edited:
Alright people, calm down. I'm going to make some predictions that will probably blow up in my face.

AFC North: Steelers
AFC South: Colts
AFC East: Patriots
AFC West: Chiefs
Wild Card: Dolphins, Ravens
Championship Game: Colts v. Steelers

NFC North: Packers
NFC South: Falcons
NFC East: Cowboys
NFC West: Seahawks
Wild Card: Cardinals, Vikings
Championship Game: Packers v. Cowboys

Super Bowl: Colts v. Packers

Coach of the Year: Mike Zimmer
Comeback Player: Eric Berry
Offensive Rookie: Ameer Abdullah
Defensive Rookie: Leonard Williams
Offensive Player: Tony Romo
Defensive Player: JJ Watt
MVP: Andrew Luck

Also at least half of these where made up on the spot.

Alright people, calm down. I'm going to make some predictions that will probably blow up in my face.

Bruh picking Kansas City to win the division and not even put Denver on your WC spot? That's ballsy af. I like the pick because it's interesting but by the end of Week 17, will Kansas City even have a winning record? That's the real question. San Diego is competitive..usually. Oakland got better. Denver is Denver.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it'll be a miracle if the cards win 8 games.

Also I don't understand the vikings hype, they look terrible on paper and will win about 6/7 games. I just don't trust teams without qbs. The Cowboys, without the leagues best running back, will revert back to shit defense and excruciating last minute losses by romo and finish 8-8.

If Lamar Miller leads the league in rushing, like I'm predicting, the phins can win the mediocre afc east. Otherwise they're another mediocre team.

The problem with the chiefs is that the single greatest passing qb ever is still playing. They'll choke against him like they do every year.

Last edited:
And here are my predictions, which are probably better than everyone elses.

AFC North: Ravens(10-6, Steelers miss the playoffs at 8-8/9-7)
AFC South: Colts(13-3)
AFC East: Dolphins(assuming Lamarr leads the nfl in rushing, otherwise the Patriots at 9-7)
AFC West: Broncos(12-4)
Wild Card: Chargers(9-7, the phins can take this spot if Lamarr leads the nfl in rushing but they somehow still screw everything up), Bengals(10-6)
Championship Game: Colts v. Dolphins(if they win the division through Lamarr, otherwise the Ravens)

NFC North: Packers(9-7)
NFC South: Saints(9-7)
NFC East: Giants(12-4)
NFC West: Seahawks(14-2)
Wild Card: Lions(8-8), Falcons(8-8)
Championship Game: Seahwawks v. Giants

Super Bowl: Colts v. Giants

Coach of the Year: Dan Quinn
Offensive Rookie: Ereck Flowers
Defensive Rookie: Landon Collins
Offensive Player: Lamarr Miller
Defensive Player: Ndumukong Suh(if Lamarr leads the NFL in rushing, otherwise Watt)

Not even going to address any of the ESPN nonsense, not worth the energy. Everyone's doing predictions, so I may as well throw mine out there while I'm here:

AFC North: Ravens (10-6)
AFC South: Colts (11-5)
AFC East: Patriots (16-0) (13-3)
AFC West: Broncos (10-6)
Wild Cards: Bengals (10-6) Bills (9-7)
AFC Championship Game: Ravens @ Patriots
NFC North: Packers (11-5)
NFC South: Saints (8-8)
NFC East: Eagles (11-5)
NFC West: Seahawks (11-5)
Wild Cards: Cowboys (10-6) Lions (9-7)
NFC Championship Game: Cowboys @ Eagles

Super Bowl: Patriots over Cowboys
Coach of the Year: Bill Belichick
Comeback POTY: Jadeveon Clowney
Offensive ROTY: Philpp Dorsett
Defensive ROTY: Malcolm Brown
Offensive POTY: Tom Brady
Defensive POTY: JJ Watt
MVP: Tom Brady

Edit: Whoops, that was a pretty bad typo. Thanks for pointing that one out Del Rio

Last edited:

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Not even going to address any of the ESPN nonsense, not worth the energy. Everyone's doing predictions, so I may as well throw mine out there while I'm here:

AFC North: Ravens (10-6)
AFC East: Patriots (16-0) (13-3)
AFC West: Broncos (10-6)
Wild Cards: Bengals (10-6) Bills (9-7)
AFC Championship Game: Ravens @ Patriots
NFC North: Packers (11-5)
NFC South: Saints (8-8)
NFC East: Eagles (11-5)
NFC West: Seahawks (11-5)
Wild Cards: Cowboys (10-6) Lions (9-7)
NFC Championship Game: Cowboys @ Eagles

Super Bowl: Patriots over Cowboys
Coach of the Year: Bill Belichick
Comeback POTY: Jadeveon Clowney
Offensive ROTY: Philpp Dorsett
Defensive ROTY: Malcolm Brown
Offensive POTY: Tom Brady
Defensive POTY: JJ Watt
MVP: Tom Brady

Edit: Whoops, that was a pretty bad typo. Thanks for pointing that one out Del Rio
Patriots with a 13-3 record when their team has gotten weaker and their division has gotten stronger? Can't say I agree with that.

Patriots with a 13-3 record when their team has gotten weaker and their division has gotten stronger? Can't say I agree with that.
It's probably a bit optimistic, tbh. 12-4 or 11-5 is more realistic I'll give you that, but I could still see them getting 13 Wins, even if it's a bit of stretch.

AFC South: Colts(13-3)
AFC North: Steelers(12-4)
AFC East: Patriots(13-3)
AFC West: Broncos(12-4)
WC: Ravens(11-5), Dolphins(10-6)
NFC South: Falcons(9-7)
NFC North: Packers(13-3)
NFC East: Cowboys(12-4)
NFC West: Seahawks(13-3)
WC: Eagles(11-5), Lions(10-6)
AFCCG: Patriots @ Colts
NFCCG: Seahawks @ Packers
SB: Packers over Colts
SB MVP: Aaron Rodgers

inb4 someone accuses me of homerism

Unlucky Desperado

Banned deucer.
AFC North: Steelers(12-4)
AFC East: Patriots(11-5)
AFC West: Broncos(11-5)
WC: Raiders (9-7), Dolphins(10-6)
NFC South: Falcons(9-7)
NFC North: Packers(11-5)
NFC East: Eagles(12-4)
NFC West: Seahawks(13-3)
WC: Cowboys(12-4), Lions(10-6)
AFCCG: Patriots @ Steelers
NFCCG: Eagles @ Seahawks
SB: Steelers over Eagles
SB MVP: Antonio Brown

Yo reminder/for all interested I paid for a pff account sub (I think it will last the season).

Username: smogonsux
Pw: thevalkyries

Enjoy looking at shittily displayed but highly detailed staterinos

Eh pay for a football outsiders one instead. The way they grade stuff is terrible so i ain't paying for that so do us a solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)