1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Challenge The Gauntlet Challenge

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Jimera0, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Naix

Naix

Piemonade, whenever you defeat your rival or a Gym Leader, you must deposit a member of your main team permanently. By main team, I mean you cannot dispose of HM Slaves or other fodder. This challenge also means you must throw your first battle.

Also, how many challenges do you plan to have? It would be helpful to know so we would have an idea on how many to give you.
  2. Arcticblast

Arcticblast @manu 11: Arcticblast joined, gg all
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner

Piemonade, you may not use any move in combat that has over 60 BP. This includes Surf, Strength, and Fly, as well as all multihit moves except Double Kick and Twineedle.
  3. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

Pienmonade, you may not evolve any Pokémon. Pokémon that can't evolve are fine, and so are Pokémon you catch already evolved.
  4. thesynchrohero

thesynchrohero

Okay accepted
  5. Piemonade

Piemonade

5 exceedingly hard challanges please.
  6. Celever

Celever

For which game?
  7. Piemonade

Piemonade

I've already received 3 of my 5 challenges, so yes 2 for yellow.
  8. Bone Dragon

Bone Dragon

Still waiting for another challenge...

After I receive this next challenge, I would like to start only receiving new challenges every two badges instead of one, because the way it is now is too tedious for me and those giving challenges.

(x-posted)Hello again, I finished Chapter 1 of my LeafGreen Gauntlet! I need a challenge for the next area up until the defeat of Misty!

Chapter 1
    Show Hide
    Against my better judgement, I went with Bulbasaur (Tallon IV) because it is my personal favorite to use, and I honestly don't mind the fact that I can't use Poison moves on it. I caught a Ratatta (Hillock) to use an an HM slave later on, and a Mankey (Polydeuces) on the route west of Viridian City. I fought my rival (who I named "Ying!") and beat him with relative ease, despite Mankey and Bulbasaur being levels 3 and 8, respectively. You have Leech Seed to thank for that. Viridian Forest was a bit annoying, as I had to keep going back to the PokeCenter every few trainers to refill my PP. I went into Brock's domain with both Bulbasaur and Mankey being level 10. The latter took out Brock's Geodude with a few Low Kicks while Bulbasaur one-shotted Onix with a Vine Whip. With NoPe's new running shoes in tow, she looks to the east towards the towering Mount Moon.

Refresher of the Challenges thus far:

Whole-Game rules:
    -I must play as if all of my moves have half as much PP as they do (rounded up). Breaking this limit requires me to discard every item in my bag and PC that can be bought at a Pokemart or Department Store.
    -I may not use Poison or Psychic-type moves in battle
    -I may not use the following moves in battle: Pain Split, Pay Day, Peck, Perish Song, Petal Dance, Pin Missle, Pound, Powder Snow, Present, Protect, Psych Up, Pursuit

First Gym Challenge: Solo each of Brock's Pokemon with two different Pokemon
  9. Jimera0

Jimera0 You don't understand, Edgar is the one in the hole!

@Piemonade
    You are challenged to never backtrack to cities you have already beaten the gym in, nor any of their surrounding routes. As soon as you leave a city after beating its gym, all the routes, caves, towns, etc that you passed through are off limits for the rest of the challenge. When you reach a city with a Gym, you must beat that gym before traveling along any routes that connect to it (IE when you reach vermilion, you must beat Lt. Surge before moving on to Diglett cave and Route 11, even though you do not need to take that route to progress). When you must backtrack for story reasons, you must proceed directly to your objective and cannot interact with anything in any routes, towns or cities you pass through on your way to get there. This means no shopping, no Pokemon centers, no battling, no catching, no picking up items you missed your first time through, nothing.

Good luck! I think this should pair up well with Naix's challenge to make a challenging experience. Try not to back yourself into a corner!

@Bone Dragon
    KS said he was going to give you one but must have forgotten about it. Just pop him a visitor message or PM and I'm sure he'll whip one up for you. I'd give you one myself if I hadn't given you one already... better you get challenges from a variety of people!
  10. Celever

Celever

Bone Dragon, you may catch 2 pokemon in-between pewter city and cerulean city (they can't be duplicates), whichever 2 you choose must duo Misty.
  11. Bone Dragon

Bone Dragon

Accepted!

King Serperior has given me a challenge via PM which I will enact for the next two gyms after Misty.

12. cantab

cantab

Piemonade, you must literally beat Giovanni (every time you battle him) with your eyes shut.
  13. cantab

cantab

Since I'm getting the game soon, I think I'll take on a White 2 Gauntlet.

Challenge guidelines:
    * I have LG, E, P, Pt, SS, B, W, B2, W2, Dream Radar, can trade, Pal Park, Poke Transfer, and use the Dream World, and have almost all Pokemon on my White.
    * Nothing that's going to be just plain really annoying.
    * Nothing that'll make me restart the whole game if I mess up. If I wanted that I'd play Nethack.
    * It's a Gauntlet not a Scramble.

List so far:

1) Challenge Mode, from myself.
    2) Play on Set, from myself.
    3) No save scumming, unless it's for RNG manipulation, from myself.
    4) Blindfold play all Colress battles, from theechosynchrohero.
    5) Lead must be statused for all Gym Leader and E4 battles, from LightningLord2.
    6) No "Top Tier" or "High Tier" Pokemon (exact list pending), from Jimera0.
    7) First evolution at or after level 30, second evolution at or after level 50, from Espeon65.
    E) Pending...
    M) Only one healing and 3 item purchases per Pokemon CentreMart. In-battle item use in like pairs. No out-of-battle healing item use. Penalty for failure is destroy 2/3 of money.
    L) Elite Four team must have twelve different types. Pokemon used against Gym Leaders must later be used against the Elite Four.

Early game is start up to the third badge. Mid game is after third badge up to sixth badge, Late game is after sixth badge up to Champion.
  14. thesynchrohero

thesynchrohero

Cantab, you must literally beat Colress (every time you battle him) with your eyes shut.
  15. LightningLord2

LightningLord2

Cantab, at each Gym Leader / Elite 4 battle (this excludes Team Plasma and the rival), your lead must have a status condition, no ability/move to take advantage of it and you're not allowed to cure that status. If you choose Poison, it must be badly poisoned.
  16. Jimera0

Jimera0 You don't understand, Edgar is the one in the hole!

@Cantab:

You are challenged to never use any Pokemon from the High tier or higher based on this thread, except as HM slaves. This should hopefully force you to use some pokemon you wouldn't use otherwise!
  17. cantab

cantab

thesynchrohero, accepted.

LightningLord2, accepted in principle, but it's impossible to enter battle badly poisoned, once the battle in which it was inflicted is over it reverts to normal poison, so please revise accordingly.

Jimera0, accepted. I'll "lock in" the specific list of banned Pokemon just before I start.

That's the three all-game challenges sorted. Still need one for each of the early, mid, and late game periods.
  18. Espeon65

Espeon65

I would like a Gauntlet on Ruby!

Medium difficulty
    4 whole game challenges
    4 individual challenges each for the first 4 gyms, last 4 gyms, and Pokemon League
    Nothing tedious

Challanges:

Whole Game:
    1. With the exception of your starter you may not have a Pokemon "Fight" in battle until you have first evolved them at least once. (You can switch them in and out to gain Exp of course.)
    2.Espeon you may never use a Ground type because the whole point of Ruby is defeating Team Magma, who want to rule the world through land expansion.
    3.No TM use whatsoever.
    4.Find and use a Surskit.

Individual:

First 4 Gyms:
    1.Until you conquer the Lavaridge Gym, you are challenged to solo 20 Trainers with "Not Very Effective" moves only.
    2.Must beat Brawly using no SE moves.

Last 4 Gyms:

Pokemon League:
    1.Espeon65, while taking on the Pokemon League, the only times you can use items are immediately after defeating Phoebe and Drake.
  19. cantab

cantab

Espeon65:

With the exception of your starter you may not have a Pokemon "Fight" in battle until you have first evolved them at least once. (You can switch them in and out to gain Exp of course.)

PS: I can haz one for mine?
  20. Espeon65

Espeon65

Accepted but not excited. And what about pokemon that don't evolve; are they unusable entirely?

And sure, you can haz a challenge. Your pokemon can't evolve ever until level 30, where they can evolve once, and if they evolve again, not until level 50.
  21. Organization Member XIV

Organization Member XIV

Espeon you may never use a Ground type because the whole point of Ruby is defeating Team Magma, who want to rule the world through land expansion.
  22. cantab

cantab

Correct, the non-evolvers are consequently banned.

Accepted on a whole-game basis, since it makes little sense otherwise.
  23. Naix

Naix

Espeon65, while taking on the Pokemon League, the only times you can use items are immediately after defeating Phoebe and Drake.
  24. thesynchrohero

thesynchrohero

I was forgotten apparently.
  25. Celever

Celever

Espeon, beat whichever elite four member you choose playing only with your feet. For a little frustration, you must also walk up to the elite four member by controlling the game boy with your feet. :D

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)