The Next Best Thing...

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
definitely the specs xatu. featherdance is a gimmicky reflect and stored power is a joke

fatty

is a Tiering Contributor
NUPL Champion
alright, Pokemazter wins overwhelmingingly. sorry it took me so long to post this. the next pokemon will be Darmanitan!

This is my first try at this, but here I go!

Darmanitan@Leftovers
Sheer Force
Adamant Nature
252 HP/ 252 Attack/ 4 Sp Def
-Substitute
-Focus Punch
-Fire Punch
-Yawn

This is a sub-punching darmanitan with max attack. We can all agree that darmanitan forces switches due to D's massive attack. SubPunch and fire punch are the attacking moves on this set getting great coverage with only missing out on flash fire chandelure and slowbro. But, this is where yawn comes in. It'll force switces (great with hazards) and allow D to setup sub again. Rock Blast from rhyperior hurts, but then again speaking of hazards, roserade is a great partner that threatens rhyperior. Flash fire chandelure can become pursuit bait to cb snorlax who can clean up or take the fire/ghost attacks that threaten darmanitan. Sub also blocks trick from chandy, also. Thanks to substitute and Ds massive HP, it can tank a hit from scarfcross and promptly ko with fire punch. : )

Sunny Day Darmanitan:

Darmanitan @ Heat Rock
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz/Fire Punch
- U-turn
- Sunny Day
- Encore/Yawn/Taunt

This set functions as an offensive sun setter and pivot. After a Sunny Day Flare Blitz will be extremely powerful, but thanks to U-Turn Darmanitan also has the ability to switch out into something else that can take advantage of the sun. The 4th slot can be used as an all around utility, and also can aid other sweepers in setting up. A good partner would be a Chlorophyll sweeper like Lilligant or Victreebel, as Grass types complement Fire's weaknesses well.

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Darmanitan @ Salac Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Fire Punch
- Belly Drum
- Endure
- Earthquake

This works because Darmanitan is one of the single best Pokemon in the whole game at forcing switches. Belly Drum on the switch to Slowking / Slowbro / Rhyperior / Gligar / Suicune / Milotoc (Suicune and Slowbro will need to be weakened a little beforehard if they're defensive variants), and nuke it. Endure as they go to their revenge killer, and proceed to nuke everything else. Obviously doesn't work if their Scarfer is Mienshao / Flygon, but if its Heracross / Krookodile, you're golden. Adamant gives you a 93.75% chance to OHKO Slowbro after Stealth Rock, but then you're slower than ScarfCross at +1, so pick your poison.

PS. only use if you have excess cojones

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
Ah, that was the set I wanted to propose... Eh, whatever. Here is my proposition:

Darmanitan @ Leftovers
EVs: 212 HP / 152 Atk / 144 Def
Impish Nature
- Encore
- Will-O-Wisp/Toxic
- Taunt
- Fire Punch

This is my supporter defensive Darmanitan set I've been testing out. Encore is a troll move to lock out set-up pokemon, while Taunt and WoW allow it to be a useful support pokemon. Fire Punch is the chosen STAB because it doesn't deal recoil damage, while still being powerful off Darmy's high Attack stat and Sheer Force. Toxic is also a great option over WoW because Darmanitan is a huge lure to bulky waters, which it can cripple on the switch, then switch out. Taunt + Toxic allows it to beat certain Heal Bell users. Overall, this is a nice set that abuses Darmanitan's big HP stat and support moves.

Nas

Banned deucer.
@Kokoloko's set: Adamant actually gives you a 56.25% chance to OHKO after SR, you forgot that Slowbro gets Leftovers recovery on the turn you Belly Drum. I'd just stick with Jolly, a 50% chance to kill is garbage compared to outrunning Scarf Hera.

fatty

is a Tiering Contributor
NUPL Champion
sorry for the wait, exam week sucks~. you may now vote for the darmanitan set of your choice!

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I actually vote PTJon7's set, I like the ingenuity of weather being able to be set in UU, and the kick of a surprise factor in Sunny Day Darmanitan especially since it can be that much scarier in the sun it got up, possibly for free on a switch.

kokoloko's Belly Drum set. I'm a fan of the risky but effective sets that can easily destroy teams thanks to surprise factor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)